Arnaut Danjuma

Certainly a brilliant finisher. He's a funny player really because if it weren't for his finishing you'd question his place in the starting line up - slows things down too much, tries to show off his skills rather than play the right pass early... but he's a matchwinner and you can always forgive players who bring you matchwinning moments regularly. It's what Jordon Ibe never managed to do.
Very true. He’s a bit of an enigma, but goals win games at the end of the day and as the op states he clearly knows how to put away a chance. I do wish he would make a bit of effort not to get caught offside so often if I’m being picky though!

The only criticism I have of Danjuma is that sometimes he slows a break. But that is minor and is compensated with his goals

Danjuma seems to be a positive character which is a good quality to have in the squad. Agree about staying onside, where he needs greater application. However he makes some fantastic runs and his finishing is obviously top notch. Worth saying too that teams are now doubling up on him which creates spaces elsewhere. He is a top, top asset.

Very true. He’s a bit of an enigma, but goals win games at the end of the day and as the op states he clearly knows how to put away a chance. I do wish he would make a bit of effort not to get caught offside so often if I’m being picky though!
I wouldn't even blame him for getting caught offside tbh....a lot of those runs are beautifully timed....it's the ball though to him that isn't.....if Stan or Brooks delay their passes for Danjuma's last two goals then he'd have been offside for both of them....it's a fine line sometimes and it often needs to be to break down organised defences.

Just thinking back to all the chances our strikers missed in the last couple of seasons.....and then i thought of Danjuma.....has he ever missed a sitter?.....in fact does he ever miss?.....the bloke is absolutely ruthless in front of goal.....just on a different planet finishing wise to any player we have or had since perhaps Brett......could develop into a world class striker imo.
If we had Danjuma and Brooks fit and playing for any length of time last season we would have stayed up by a mile.
Danjuma is at his most dangerous playing in that inside left channel just behind Solanke, makes some brilliant runs and finishes well.

New song suggestion....

Danjuma
da da da da da da da
(repeat ad nauseam)

Plenty of time to get it right given it'll probably be three more years before we see him play in person again.

If we had Danjuma and Brooks fit and playing for any length of time last season we would have stayed up by a mile.
Danjuma is at his most dangerous playing in that inside left channel just behind Solanke, makes some brilliant runs and finishes well.

But would Eddie have played him as part of the attack? Under Eddie I think he only ever played as a winger...

Wonder how King feels watching Danjuma excel and score from his left sided role given his public known dislike of the position.

To be fair Eddie usually used King left of a midfield 4 rather than an attacking trio but I can’t help feeling if King had embraced the role more he could have been successful in it.

To be fair, Tindall is also playing him primarily as a winger but he loves to drift inside just like Brooks.

Exactly, Howe would have played him as an inverted winger same as Tindall. He would have played this role a heck of a lot last season if he could have stayed fit.

Howe would also be playing the 4-2-3-1 formation as that was Howe’s preferred system for quite some time. The key would have been work rate, tempo and fluidity, for Danjuma, Stanislas and Brooks to rotate around with Solanke dropping deep and linking play.

I wouldn't even blame him for getting caught offside tbh....a lot of those runs are beautifully timed....it's the ball though to him that isn't.....if Stan or Brooks delay their passes for Danjuma's last two goals then he'd have been offside for both of them....it's a fine line sometimes and it often needs to be to break down organised defences.
I was referring to the numerous times he doesn’t get back onside quickly enough after an attack has broken down. Seems to happen every game. Happened twice yesterday, one which he was caught for.

Wonder how King feels watching Danjuma excel and score from his left sided role given his public known dislike of the position.

To be fair Eddie usually used King left of a midfield 4 rather than an attacking trio but I can’t help feeling if King had embraced the role more he could have been successful in it.
It’s probably been the worst month of his life

Why on earth is Dan being compared to Ibe? They are so different. As mentioned yesterday, if Dan starts to pick up the quick one twos rather than hold on to the ball every time he has it he will be unstoppable in this league. His finishing is something else and yet hes not a natural forward. When he picks up the ball on the wing he causes so many issues. Just as Brooks should be more central behind the front, Dan is better as the wide man.

Why on earth is Dan being compared to Ibe? They are so different. As mentioned yesterday, if Dan starts to pick up the quick one twos rather than hold on to the ball every time he has it he will be unstoppable in this league. His finishing is something else and yet hes not a natural forward. When he picks up the ball on the wing he causes so many issues. Just as Brooks should be more central behind the front, Dan is better as the wide man.

Because he slows the game down almost every time and loses possession a lot. Unlike Ibe he consistently produces matchwinning performances, which is why he's well worth his place in the side. If Ibe had done that he would have been worth a starting spot too.

Because he slows the game down almost every time and loses possession a lot. Unlike Ibe he consistently produces matchwinning performances, which is why he's well worth his place in the side. If Ibe had done that he would have been worth a starting spot too.

Why not compare him to Pugh or Elliot? Hes nothing like Ibe.

Most of his goals this season have been from around the left angle of the 6 yard box and fired into the opposite corner. Let's hope opposing coaches don't read this!

It’s probably been the worst month of his life

difficult to see how Josh is going to get his dream move anytime soon, in fact he's looking like a busted flush right now
best chance is to pray one of the prem relegation fodder are desperate enough to offer him a contract in january with a fat bonus if he can keep them up
million miles away from his supposed move to utd, way back when
oh well

We miss him badly.

If we could get a fully-fit Danjuma back in the team and firing on all cylinders, I think that would be the missing ingredient, the difference between a sterile draw and a victory.

;