Arsenal v AFC Bournemouth

It's the same old playbook after every defeat. Was the same under Howe. Pure wallowing.
Certainly not wallowing.

2 nil up against any team away from home you MANAGE the game.

Lewis Cook on...
Fredericks on
Christie on

Apart from Fredericks, both Cook and Christie aren't the best at holding the ball up.

Why not just stick Moore up front and sky the ball to him.

It would have been a better strategy of pulling Arsenals shape apart

O'Neil hasn't got what it takes, and it took me longer to decide that after it was obvious Tindall didn't have it either. (Istabraq)

Bizarre result when the possession was 19% against 81%. ..and earlier in the game we only had 14% for long periods...
....so a 2 - 6 scoreline could easily have transpired....and virtually bugger all to do with game management....our players just couldn't maintain that lead because our players are just not good enough and will eventually be worn down over 97 minutes by the vastly superior talents of Arsenal's squad ...and from that incredulous amount of pressure.
If anything at all was wrong with the game management..then bringing on Cook is just not going to get you another goal is it ?

I do think our Jan players have improved us but wether it’s enough to stay up who knows. It’s going to be tighter than ducks bottom down there

Absolutely gutting result but for once we seemed to have the rub of the green and not a terrible performance away to the league leaders.

If it was the first game of the season we'd be talking about how promising it was.

AFCB kick-off. Solanke immediately passes to Billing.
Billing jogs around the pitch, dribbling the ball for 9 minutes, shoots and Ramsdale saves.
Ramsdale, passes the ball to the Arsenal No.2
The No. 2 passes to the No.3
The No.3 passes to the No.4
All the way up to the No.10 who puts the ball out of play for a throw-in.
Arsenal's 10 passes took 60 seconds.

In the first 10 minutes, AFCB have made one pass whilst the ball has been at the foot of a Boscombe player for 9 out of 10 minutes. Arsenal have had the ball at the feet of their players, for 1 out of 10 minutes and have made 9 passes.

Possession stats are: -
Arsenal 90% (60 seconds)
AFCB 10% (540 seconds)

3 points were there to be taken.

At 2 nil up you just see the game out.

O'Neil went more defensive.

Zemura was having an absolute mare...

Fredericks on late, Cook for Rothwell, Christie for Dango.

Surrendered the game.

Solanke for Moore perhaps

I know Gary doesn't have much depth, but when we hear UP UP UP every game on the broadcast, it goes to show how amateur we are.

No. I want us to win so I can stop. 40 years watching this club all around the country in all leagues and you think i want us to lose to prove me right? Seriously?

There’s a lot of crap written on here (some of which is mine) but I always assume all of us want us to win every game. Else we’d find something better to do. The people knocking Solanke at the moment i don’t doubt for a minute they’d love him to score a hat trick.

Strange view if you don’t mind me saying. We might not all agree but we are all fervent fans. Agree with me or not but it’s being a fervent fan that makes me so irritated by the way we were run. If I didn’t care I’d be hugely indifferent about it!

that's not how you come across, I think even you know that
it's boring, you're like a rabid dog waiting for the postman
if we'd manage to hold on for a point today or even won you'd have gone awol, like you did after the wolves game
if you want to be taken seriously at least try to be balanced

Last edited:
Certainly not wallowing.

2 nil up against any team away from home you MANAGE the game.

Lewis Cook on...
Fredericks on
Christie on

Apart from Fredericks, both Cook and Christie aren't the best at holding the ball up.

Why not just stick Moore up front and sky the ball to him.

It would have been a better strategy of pulling Arsenals shape apart

O'Neil hasn't got what it takes, and it took me longer to decide that after it was obvious Tindall didn't have it either. (Istabraq)

"At 2-0 you just manage the game" sounds like a brilliant idea I wonder how he is suggesting we go about that ..... "Stick Moore up front" .. oh.

No it’s not, it’s called honesty. You may not like it, but I think we all knew Arsenal were going to come back.
So at 2 nil up you knew they would win, or in your words 'come back'

Should our players an management just give up then and play cricket or tiddlywinks.

It was a disgraceful piece of management to YET AGAIN. surrender an easily defendable lead.

Grimsby beat Scummers 2 nil.......

Mentality is what loses us most games,as we always expect to concede.

Who cares if it was Arsenal or Macclesfield reserves.

2 nil up........just dont concede with the last kick of the game.

What a fxking positive.

First time we have taken the lead against Arsenal.

Stats always can be mentioned or kept silent.

Losing fron 2 nil up is the stat that matters, given Gary's attempt to get a draw.

Gary OUT.
You'll have to wait till the end of May for that

It's pretty obvious.

Get a result against the big boys, lose against the likes of Leeds

At the moment we are pinning our hopes on winning all our 'winnable' games.

Isn't going to happen.

UP UP UP

Sorry but it isn’t good enough. Going 2-0 you should win games. Losing 3 times when 2-0 up is embarrassing. O’Neil comments pathetic.
Just fed up at this point. Think we have a squad that can stay up but find the whole hanging on to GON absolutely baffling, especially after spending money in January. Completely clueless and out of his depth. The plug should have been pulled bloody months ago.

AFCB kick-off. Solanke immediately passes to Billing.
Billing jogs around the pitch, dribbling the ball for 9 minutes, shoots and Ramsdale saves.
Ramsdale, passes the ball to the Arsenal No.2
The No. 2 passes to the No.3
The No.3 passes to the No.4
All the way up to the No.10 who puts the ball out of play for a throw-in.
Arsenal's 10 passes took 60 seconds.

In the first 10 minutes, AFCB have made one pass whilst the ball has been at the foot of a Boscombe player for 9 out of 10 minutes. Arsenal have had the ball at the feet of their players, for 1 out of 10 minutes and have made 9 passes.

Possession stats are: -
Arsenal 90% (60 seconds)
AFCB 10% (540 seconds)
er, could you repeat that please, I didn't understand :)

;