Arsenal v AFC Bournemouth

Arteta says he has watched our last four games. Imagine they will have a game plan to press high and target Zemura. I would surprise them by starting Vina (assuming he has been decent in training which of course is the unknown factor.

Has anyone seen anything of Semenyo in his cameos to suggest he is better than Solanke? I haven’t. So you can only judge the two of them on their championship record so Dom starts for me unless you just fancy taking a huge punt.
Not necessarily better, but possibly more effective in games like today. His hold up play seems a bit more assured/controlled in the glimpses I've seen.

Anyway, slightly academic if GON goes 5 at the back with Smith and Zemura wing backs and invites them on to us from the off as we could have Mbappe up there in that system and he wouldn't be effective.

I'm not sure how you'd get him in the side but I'd play Christie in a game like this. A player who will run and run and disrupt their play is essential.

Not necessarily better, but possibly more effective in games like today. His hold up play seems a bit more assured/controlled in the glimpses I've seen.

Anyway, slightly academic if GON goes 5 at the back with Smith and Zemura wing backs and invites them on to us from the off as we could have Mbappe up there in that system and he wouldn't be effective.

I’m hoping GON has learnt from the 5 at the back that it does not work, as he did say he has learnt from the city game. Let’s just go there and play the ball a bit longer to miss out there high press and see what happens.

Arteta says he has watched our last four games. Imagine they will have a game plan to press high and target Zemura. I would surprise them by starting Vina (assuming he has been decent in training which of course is the unknown factor.

Has anyone seen anything of Semenyo in his cameos to suggest he is better than Solanke? I haven’t. So you can only judge the two of them on their championship record so Dom starts for me unless you just fancy taking a huge punt.
Semenyo playing wide and off Solanke is an interesting prospect. Aggressive but lively.

I’m hoping GON has learnt from the 5 at the back that it does not work, as he did say he has learnt from the city game. Let’s just go there and play the ball a bit longer to miss out there high press and see what happens.
Thing is, it isn't just the City game he has gone 5 at the back though is it? It seems it's far too often his preferred option.

Older generation complains about modern fads shocker.

Whether music, TV, fashion or football lingo, it was ever thus.

Yes, there is probably some duplication of terminology but question is why is that a problem? Just watch some football from the 90s (let alone before that) and compare it to today and it is very evident that tactically the game has changed massively, not all for the better but pundits who argue there are no new ideas in football are just wrong.

I'd rather have 'cheating' than 'simulation'.

Honestly, I’m looking forward to this midfield, Rothwell and billing can both move the ball forward well. Back five makes sense if Lerma is out tbf. Good to see Semenyo start. Let’s not be demotivated by the changes and injuries,and get behind the lads today because you never know! UTC

What’s with 2 keepers on the bench?
Did anyone hear the reason last week.
Is Neto carrying an injury that may flair up any minute.
So of the January signings, 3 are injured.

;