Artur Boruc

AlGard

UTC Legend
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1469118/bournemouth-star-artur-boruc-launches-legal-action-for-custody-of-son-with-ex-wife-accused-of-stealing-2-5million/

Amongst all the doom and gloom it should not be forgotten that Artur has started this season on fire. In my opinion he's the best keeper we've had. Have we ever had a keeper save three pens in a row before?

He has had a tendency to be arrogant and lose his focus which has proved expensive. Looks like Eddie has sorted that out. Top keeper when he is with it mentally.

Agree wholeheartedly.

Looking forward to hearing "Badkeeper" thoughts on why Boruc is playing so much better this season....

I already explained why Artur is playing well.
Here we go again . Artur spent some time getting ready for Euro 2016 , he was working with top goalkeeping coaches in Poland , his training partners were Fabianski ,Sczesny not Federici and the other guy. I'm sure he was disappointed by not being able to help team Poland in France .
Personally I think he should be in net for penalties vs Portugal.Funny Fabianski saved pk today as well.
Basically, training with national team for weeks does Boruc much better than club training.You have to remember Poland is starting World Cup qualifications starting with Kazakhstan. Nawalka called him up. Szczesny is doing just OK , Fabianski is fine , but is he better than Artur?

I agree with Badkeeper. 6 weeks concentrated training with the Polish 'keeper coaches, improves Boruc no end. He now oozes confidence and commands his penalty area.

It just shows how poor our current goalie coaches are now and have been over the past number of years. I am still convinced this is an area that definitely needs improving and fast.

SlowDownDerek - 27/8/2016 23:01

Amongst all the doom and gloom it should not be forgotten that Artur has started this season on fire. In my opinion he's the best keeper we've had. Have we ever had a keeper save three pens in a row before?

Michael Menetrier? In the same game, if I recall

I've given Boruc plenty of stick for his rickets in the past so I'm very happy to praise him to the hilt when he's on form. No doubt that a good Boruc is a class keeper still, and provides such needed experience to our defensive unit. I found his form at the end of last season concerning, but he's come back a different keeper.

Player of the season so far. Like a different player. Commanding his box and some of those saved yesterday were world class.

;