Artur Boruc

Thank you Artur for all that you have done for AFCB.
You will always be a remembered at Bournemouth.
Come back and see us soon. UTC

So many other memories besides the saves.....

1. Celebrating the Liverpool winner
2. Rapid distribution with his hands to set up counter attacks (his peers are too slow to do this)
3. Some variable goal kicks - remember after three bad ones he celebrated when the 4th stayed in
4. Giving hell to defenders who didn’t do their job. When Simpson gave away a pen he gave a supporting pat to jack but laid into a midfielder for not doing his job in the first place
5. Giving so much stick to fans who had a go

above all a character and towering presence in the team, thanks and good luck

I'm very proud of him . He will bring professionalism to Legia dressing room .
It's time to lead Legia to Champions League.

I'm very proud of him . He will bring professionalism to Legia dressing room .
It's time to lead Legia to Champions League.

It’s funny to see Artur Boruc and professionalism in the same sentence given his evident personality, but I think you’re absolutely right as well.

Would have been easy for him to have thrown in the towel and forced a move over the last couple of Seasons but he kept his head down (bar one trip as an away fan!) and did his job with minimal fuss. Love the guy and easily the best goalkeeper I have seen for us. I don’t have a Polish team, so looks like I will be cheering on Legia and checking up on Artur’s progress whenever the opportunity arises as I see many fans of his previous clubs already do.

The goal for Legia is to reach group stage of the Champions League. I'm sure they will need money to pay Artur . I'm guessing he will be the highest payed player in Ekstraklasa .
Ironically the highest paid player in Legia is other Artur , Jedrzejczyk , probably the closest personality to Boruc . It might be interesting season for Legia and whoever will coach this team.

If he'd waited a few days he might have ended up as player manager here. Now that would have been entertaining. Off-field at least.

Great keeper, brought a chuckle to us many a time in the south stand & always seemed to be in control of the situation (ok forgot Artur's kicking !); anyways a great character that the club has needed, wish him lots of luck in the next one. Will be really missed around the place me thinks.

;