Aston Villa tickets

Well no that's what I'm saying - if the lower tier had sold out in two days the club would have had to make a decision then whether they were going to request the upper tier. That's the only circumstance where I can see that the upper tier would have ever been requested - it didn't sell out until today - they were never going to request more under those circumstances.
If supporters knew when the game was going to be played, maybe 2.5k would have bought tickets earlier. There’s 4 or 6 from here unable to now make it and it’s fkin annoying. I know it’s not the clubs fault, why can’t the PL firm up schedules more than 4 weeks in advance to give clubs a better chance of organising things?

If supporters knew when the game was going to be played, maybe 2.5k would have bought tickets earlier. There’s 4 or 6 from here unable to now make it and it’s fkin annoying. I know it’s not the clubs fault, why can’t the PL firm up schedules more than 4 weeks in advance to give clubs a better chance of organising things?

Yeah, I'm someone who's not going because I couldn't be sure and it could be another 1k easily I would think. I don't think the league gives a toss tbh and in the majority of cases the club will just sell the whole allocation even in these circumstances.

AFCB, Brentford, Fulham, Palace maybe Burnley are the only clubs where it would be an issue.

Same here - was waiting to find out if the date was changing, we couldn't commit with any chance of that happening so missed out.

This whole situation is so crazily frustrating and imo smacks of appalling disregard for the true footie fan.
Of my usual group, just 3 of us decided to risk it & we have purchased match tickets. We have also booked 2 nights accommodation one of the nights we paid extra to have canx rights as we knew this shambles would almost certainly cost us.
No doubt next season we will be advised 'having looked at historic purchasing the club will only be selecting the smaller allocation!' Just like we experienced at Newcastle this season.
Pretty much all top flight clubs & certainly the PL really do not deserve fans like us but until we vote with our feet & also unsubscribe to Sky we are 100% stuck with this crap!

This whole situation is so crazily frustrating and imo smacks of appalling disregard for the true footie fan.
Of my usual group, just 3 of us decided to risk it & we have purchased match tickets. We have also booked 2 nights accommodation one of the nights we paid extra to have canx rights as we knew this shambles would almost certainly cost us.
No doubt next season we will be advised 'having looked at historic purchasing the club will only be selecting the smaller allocation!' Just like we experienced at Newcastle this season.
Pretty much all top flight clubs & certainly the PL really do not deserve fans like us but until we vote with our feet & also unsubscribe to Sky we are 100% stuck with this crap!

As I said previously, when you reach the premier league, fans become unimportant, apart from armchair fans who are the main target of Sky and the PL.

We would've never sold out the full allocation, we always struggle with any away games further than London. We barely sold out the lower tier with "1+ away points". Drop to general sale and then people would've moaned about home fans celebrating near them...

We would've never sold out the full allocation, we always struggle with any away games further than London. We barely sold out the lower tier with "1+ away points". Drop to general sale and then people would've moaned about home fans celebrating near them...
A sound and logical assessment.

With respect Jim, don't you think a lot of people were holding off until a date and time was confirmed (and still hasn't been). I have my tickets so have no personal axe to grind but I think it is wrong that fans are given so little time to organise transport, staying overnight perhaps, tie in with work. Why is it taking so long for Villa to confirm this and why couldn't they have agreed to an extra week for away fans to buy once a date is announced, why hasn't the Wolves game been rearranged yet, it is so frustrating for people wanting to travel away.

Last edited:
Perhaps we wouldn't have sold out the full allocation but we would have sold a good proportion of it and I am sure the players and manager would rather see 2,500 AFCB fans there than 1,500. In the scheme of things how much would it cost the club if a few hundred tickets were unsold:- 500 x £30 (max) =£15K less VAT = £12K. I do understand the need for budgeting but circumstances where a ticket cut off is implemented before the date of the game is confirmed seems wrong.

Don't you think a lot of people were holding off until a date and time was confirmed (and still hasn't been). I have my tickets so have no personal axe to grind but I think it is appalling that fans are given so little time to organise transport, staying overnight perhaps, tie in with work. Why is it taking so long for Villa to confirm this and why couldn't they have agreed to an extra week for away fans to buy once a date is announced, why hasn't the Wolves game been rearranged yet, it is so frustrating for people wanting to travel away.
But is that the fault of the club? I have no doubt they're also waiting impatiently to find out these match dates. The PL rule that requires clubs to select a final away allocation a month prior to the game should be looked at in situations like this when rearranged fixture dates are in play due to other competitions.

But is that the fault of the club? I have no doubt they're also waiting impatiently to find out these match dates. The PL rule that requires clubs to select a final away allocation a month prior to the game should be looked at in situations like this when rearranged fixture dates are in play due to other competitions.
I am not saying that the lack of a date for the Villa game is AFCB fault. I asked the question why is it taking Villa so long to confirm it. As you say the point is that ticketing procedures should take into account the fact that a date for the game hasn't been announced.

Thanks for popping in Jim. I'm sure you're well aware that advertising tickets with a date that your customer base knows to be wrong, whilst not within AFCB's control, is clunky and a barrier to successful sales.

Before your time: we took 6000 fans to Villa in 2015 when given enough capacity for a Cup game, which surprised everyone. Now that's a one off and extreme example, but it demonstrates why using precedent (capped as it is) to predict future demand is tricky.

Whilst there very possibly could be reasons we're not party to, why don't we do as many have already suggested and get the points dropped to general sale a lot sooner...

I know in this instance there is the added complication of the fixture being moved etc. but in general,, we need to get the tickets out to the masses a lot sooner and only then can the club take an accurate gauge on how many really want tickets...???

Why do points holders need more than 24hrs to grab their tickets (in normal situations)?

Whilst there very possibly could be reasons we're not party to, why don't we do as many have already suggested and get the points dropped to general sale a lot sooner...

I know in this instance there is the added complication of the fixture being moved etc. but in general,, we need to get the tickets out to the masses a lot sooner and only then can the club take an accurate gauge on how many really want tickets...???

Why do points holders need more than 24hrs to grab their tickets (in normal situations)?

I reckon the authorities might not like that. We already have loads of home fans in the away end at the bigger club and given the price cap it's easy money for touts.

We would've never sold out the full allocation. Proof?
we always struggle with any away games further than London I don't recall seeing any spare seats at Anfield or Old Trafford, for example. There certainly were none at St James' Park (I wonder why?).
We barely sold out the lower tier with "1+ away points". Sold out quickly after going on sale at that level. Have you noticed the people posting that they can't commit unless they have a date and kick off time? Add another one to that.
Drop to general sale and then people would've moaned about home fans celebrating near them... At several grounds, the most vociferous fans are next to us. Bring it on!

The assessment opinion might only be regarded as "sound" if one happens to agree with the speculations.
"Logic," taking the Concise OED definition as
reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity, is entirely absent.

Just added my children to the waiting list for Villa. Ticket office told me only 19 tickets currently requested on the waiting list. Everyone here that missed out needs to contact them to get on the list! Let them know there is more demand!

There's a waiting list...?

As the match date is subject to change, supporters that are still interested in purchasing a ticket for this fixture can contact the ticketing team to join the waiting list. Supporters on the list will be offered seating as returns are made.

The ticket team can be reached on 01202 726300 or by emailing tickets@afcb.co.uk.

;