Aston Villa tickets

I reckon the authorities might not like that. We already have loads of home fans in the away end at the bigger club and given the price cap it's easy money for touts.
Yeah I get that... It's never a black and white process... Loosen things on one side and sh*t happens on the other as a result...

Has to be a sensible and logical solution though as the current system of gauging ticket numbers on a pre season survey and on last season's allocation is not working as there are so many factors that come into play when deciding upon away games to attend, all of which are not taken into account by the methods currently used by the club...

As the match date is subject to change, supporters that are still interested in purchasing a ticket for this fixture can contact the ticketing team to join the waiting list. Supporters on the list will be offered seating as returns are made.

The ticket team can be reached on 01202 726300 or by emailing tickets@afcb.co.uk.
.. ahh, for returns... Again though, this offers fans very limited options... If the club want a better understanding of how many tickets the need for each away game, they should be prepared to carry out ongoing user/fan research throughout the season... Ask fans to register for tickets for away games at a time when the club needs to think about how many to ask for (not 6 months prior)... Maybe even go as far as getting fans to commit to 50% purchase fee... I dunno...

With our tiny home crowd, going away used to be and is the only option for a lot of fans... Now we're squeezing that window of opportunity... Something has to be better than we' currently working to...

Join the waiting list for a game that you don’t know what day it’ll be played on, with a decreasing window of time in which to organise any travel or work arrangements necessary to take up a ticket for said unknown date, should a ticket become offered. Argh!

For my sanity sake, I think I’ll sit this one out. But keen to hear about Wolves asap.

Yeah I get that... It's never a black and white process... Loosen things on one side and sh*t happens on the other as a result...

Has to be a sensible and logical solution though as the current system of gauging ticket numbers on a pre season survey and on last season's allocation is not working as there are so many factors that come into play when deciding upon away games to attend, all of which are not taken into account by the methods currently used by the club...

.. ahh, for returns... Again though, this offers fans very limited options... If the club want a better understanding of how many tickets the need for each away game, they should be prepared to carry out ongoing user/fan research throughout the season... Ask fans to register for tickets for away games at a time when the club needs to think about how many to ask for (not 6 months prior)... Maybe even go as far as getting fans to commit to 50% purchase fee... I dunno...

With our tiny home crowd, going away used to be and is the only option for a lot of fans... Now we're squeezing that window of opportunity... Something has to be better than we' currently working to...
Not to play devil's advocate here, but the theme I keep seeing here is we're waiting to purchase until we know the confirmed match date. Any research or surveys done prior to this would still provide, for the most part, the same results?

I purchased my seat only because I know I can return it and get a refund anytime I want if the game date is moved (well, up until the refund deadline I suppose)

No perfect solution here for either side, but dialogue is the best thing that can happen. Not all ideas are plausible, but they're ideas.

Not to play devil's advocate here, but the theme I keep seeing here is we're waiting to purchase until we know the confirmed match date. Any research or surveys done prior to this would still provide, for the most part, the same results?

I purchased my seat only because I know I can return it and get a refund anytime I want if the game date is moved (well, up until the refund deadline I suppose)

No perfect solution here for either side, but dialogue is the best thing that can happen. Not all ideas are plausible, but they're ideas.
Agreed, in this particular instance, the game date moving is an issue, but this is not always the case... There have been several games where we've taken the smaller allocation, when the reality is we could have taken more... We're just not willing to test those waters to understand how many more...

What is a logical assessment? The club should have requested the extra 1,500 on the off chance that we will buck the trend of recent years and sell them all?
Oh hello Del, unlike you to question anything I post!
Here's one for you:
It is not reasonable to set a deadline for selling tickets to a ticketed event with the deadline being a set period before the event takes place when the time and date of said event taking place is unknown.
That logical enough for you?

Oh hello Del, unlike you to question anything I post!
Here's one for you:
It is not reasonable to set a deadline for selling tickets to a ticketed event with the deadline being a set period before the event takes place when the time and date of said event taking place is unknown.
That logical enough for you?

Yeah it's fine but if the rules say the away club have to confirm the number of tickets required by a certain time to allow the home club enough time to sell them then what can be done? Most clubs in this division would just request all of the tickets but AFCB can't be sure that they'd sell them all, they probably wouldn't.

Yeah it's fine but if the rules say the away club have to confirm the number of tickets required by a certain time to allow the home club enough time to sell them then what can be done? Most clubs in this division would just request all of the tickets but AFCB can't be sure that they'd sell them all, they probably wouldn't.
What do the rules say regarding when we have to confirm the number of tickets sold? As of me writing this, the EPL still have not confirmed when the game will take place. It is still showing as 15:00 on Saturday 20th on the fixtures list on their website!

What do the rules say regarding when we have to confirm the number of tickets sold? As of me writing this, the EPL still have not confirmed when the game will take place. It is still showing as 15:00 on Saturday 20th on the fixtures list on their website!

"Per Premier League rules, a final allocation must be selected by AFC Bournemouth no later than four weeks prior to the match date. If sales demand for a fixture does not meet a pace determined by the club to cover all seating AFC Bournemouth is committed to purchasing as part of an allocation, the final allocation can be reduced. This step also helps reduce the volume of home supporters attempting to secure tickets in the AFC Bournemouth away end during general sale."

"Per Premier League rules, a final allocation must be selected by AFC Bournemouth no later than four weeks prior to the match date. If sales demand for a fixture does not meet a pace determined by the club to cover all seating AFC Bournemouth is committed to purchasing as part of an allocation, the final allocation can be reduced. This step also helps reduce the volume of home supporters attempting to secure tickets in the AFC Bournemouth away end during general sale."
All well and good but as at this time we still do not officially have a match date.

We would've never sold out the full allocation. Proof?
we always struggle with any away games further than London I don't recall seeing any spare seats at Anfield or Old Trafford, for example. There certainly were none at St James' Park (I wonder why?).
We barely sold out the lower tier with "1+ away points". Sold out quickly after going on sale at that level. Have you noticed the people posting that they can't commit unless they have a date and kick off time? Add another one to that.
Drop to general sale and then people would've moaned about home fans celebrating near them... At several grounds, the most vociferous fans are next to us. Bring it on!

The assessment opinion might only be regarded as "sound" if one happens to agree with the speculations.
"Logic," taking the Concise OED definition as
reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity, is entirely absent.
My last two games at Villa Park: 18 March 2023 at Villa, only sold out lower tier. 17 August 2019 at Villa, lots of tickets available in the upper tier, where I went. Surrounded by Villa fans. Want more proof?

Re Old Trafford and Anfield - of course you didn't, the spare seats were taken by home fans. St James' Park FULL away allocation is around 4000, we only sell out our very, very small allocation of around 1000. If that.

About the date/time of kick off - literally every football fan in this country knows the game ain't happening on the Saturday. It's even spelled out in the flipping ticketing article on the website...

So no, it's not just an "opinion".

What can Jim do about that?
The rules that you quoted me are "Per Premier League rules, a final allocation must be selected by AFC Bournemouth no later than four weeks prior to the match date."
In answer to your question, perhaps Jim can talk to the EPL, as no doubt the club are anyway and point out that this rule has yet to be triggered?

The rules that you quoted me are "Per Premier League rules, a final allocation must be selected by AFC Bournemouth no later than four weeks prior to the match date."
In answer to your question, perhaps Jim can talk to the EPL, as no doubt the club are anyway and point out that this rule has yet to be triggered?

I don't understand what you're saying the club should have done tbh. The home club and the EPL set the rules and AFCB have to work within them, sure they can speak to both but surely it's down to the league to clarify the fixture date and not AFCB.

Either way if that top tier can't be divided then AFCB either take 1,500 or 3,000 and the decision has to be made four weeks before the game. They were never going to take 3,000 because we wouldn't sell them all.

What are you talking about "The home club and the EPL set the rules"
How do the home club have any input in setting EPL rules?
The EPL set their own rules without influence from any individual club.
Obviously.
You think the EPL are happy to have their rules set and manipulated by individual clubs?

What are you talking about "The home club and the EPL set the rules"
How do the home club have any input in setting EPL rules?
The EPL set their own rules without influence from any individual club.
Obviously.
You think the EPL are happy to have their rules set and manipulated by individual clubs?

Why don't you look it up? The home club dictate how tickets are sold, I'm sorry this upsets you.

What can Jim do about that?
What Jim could actually do is show us some bloody empathy!

Jim appearing on here I found encouraging but to only write 5 words "A sound and logical assessment" to me is sticking 2 fingers up!

Maybe if he actual answered some of the questions, clarified the situation and actually appeared to care it might help to reduce some of the ill feeling that has been generated. The ill feeling isn't a one-off, the failed attempt to make it compulsory for us to purchase women's match tickets, followed by brolly and flaskgate, then Newcastle away fiasco also the rushed safe standing debacle, when will they ever learn?

I was hoping his response might be something along the lines of "We are aware that this is far from an ideal situation but as a club our hands are tied within the confines of... However, your support is very much appreciated and we as a club have already flagged up your concerns to the PL because we have listened to you and agree that you deserve better".

Update the ticketing comms the club were sending out this week. Encouraging purchases using incorrect and outdated information isn't ideal.

Yeah they probably could have been clearer. At the end of the day though they were never going to take the full allocation unless we sold out the bottom tier in a few days, which was always unlikely. If they did take the upper tier it would probably have been half empty.

;