At what point to the board need to be seriously questioned?

At what point to the board need to be seriously questioned?

Ask Redharry.

We were only reminiscing about the 9-0 at Lincoln yesterday.

After the game two of The Stupid Few got into the directors lounge and gave Harold Walker and other directors some serious stick.

The following day Walker resigned.

The rest as they say, is history.
We went downhill financially from that day onwards until Max appeared.

I put it to redharry that, had Walker not been so cruelly driven out by his abuse and stayed, then AFCB could have been in the EPL 30 years ago. :grinning:

So it wasn't for redharry and ...... we'd have had the Walker Stand?

There is a poster on here (we all know who) who has long held the view that Eddie carried the club while he was here and that since he has departed the incompetence of those around him has really been shown up. Let’s examine the evidence:

•Let Parker stockpile players on long contracts last season who clearly aren’t PL standard. Left in a position on deadline day where we are desperately trying to offload some of them to make room for new recruits.

•Kept Parker on all Summer despite the fact he clearly had expectations in the window that couldn’t be matched, resulting in him constantly publicly bemoaning the lack of quality in the squad and making it difficult for us to convince potential new recruits that we can be competitive in this league (as per Kris Temple tweet today.)

•Employed a manager in the first place who had previous for demanding heavy squad investment, investment that even the fourth wealthiest owner in the country couldn’t match. Pursued him for over a year anyway, even to go as far to offer the job to two completely inexperienced coaches in the meantime as a stop gap, all during a pivotal first season back in the championship in which promotion should have been easily attainable with the squad available. Then are surprised when upon promotion, said manager expects investment in the squad. Did they not think to have some kind of conversation about longer term plans when appointing the guy?

•Signed players in positions this summer that were already well stocked and left little room for recruits in areas we actually need to strengthen (signing 2 centre mids despite having 4 on the books already and a right back despite already having 2 on the books.) Assembling a very disjointed squad with very little attacking threat.

And that’s just this summer! Im struggling to come to any conclusion other than the board have completely and utterly f*****d this Summer, I’m not sure it could have panned out any worse. Their decision making, both short and longer term, has left us in a position in which it is virtually impossible for us to be properly competitive. I’m sure some of you will point to four points on the board but can those of you who choose to do so also please point out to me one genuine goal scoring chance we have created from open play in the first 5 games? There isn’t one, not even one. We don’t have even close to the attacking threat to compete properly at this level.

Im sure some will also refer to the promotion last season, and tell me that Blake and Hughes deserve credit for this. But it was Eddie’s signings who got us promoted! Solanke, Billing, Lerma, Kelly etc. We were still living off of his legacy.

I think the rest of this board needs to wake up and smell the coffee, the poster who constantly bemoans the board is right.
But to put it all into some kind of perspective; Forest have spent over £120m and have bought 20 players but are on the same points as us. Wolves have spent £100m and are below us. Everton £80m and Villa £50m both currently on fewer points.
And as the latter two clubs are managed by members of the "Golden Generation" maybe the best bit of business we've done is getting rid of Parker?

We've come up the Divs and had a decent period in the Elite league.. it's been ticked.... so why sit in Meyrick Park , Zimmer Frame or Electronic Scooter chained to a chestnut tree, bottles of stout, cans of Brew Dog and whisky chasers ..dreaming of more periods in the Championship. Don't make sense!

The aim should be to infiltrate the top echelon...being taken seriously, feared to infinity at St Mary's and going to the Etihad with a notion to Win.

I don't get this yo - yo Aunt Sally sh*t .

We sit in a prime south central spot in Dorset... one of the richest counties...a dream place for players to raise their families... looked after by rich Tory MPs ..they can send their kids to swanky Cad and Bounder schools...
.. as I've said before ..look at where MU and MC came from... Newton Heath and Ardwicke .. where 12 year old scallywags lived and worked like slaves in cotton mills.
We should aspire have a Big Stadium. .. to be the Barcelona of the South Coast !
.THE ultimate in Football Towns !

Boscombe.....f'kin right Mush ! Seeds !

But to put it all into some kind of perspective; Forest have spent over £120m and have bought 20 players but are on the same points as us. Wolves have spent £100m and are below us. Everton £80m and Villa £50m both currently on fewer points.
And as the latter two clubs are managed by members of the "Golden Generation" maybe the best bit of business we've done is getting rid of Parker?

Add up the spending of those clubs over two seasons its horrific

Parker was clearly the right choice at the time ( he got us up again)...after they indecently jettisoned the perfectly adequate JW.....but strange things (?) eventually happened behind the scenes..as they did with EH ..and the board move into daft mode....and here we are....up a rocky creek with no oars !

Not sure how you can write off our players as not premier league standard, we’ve played 5 games, and for me the key issue was the way Parker was setting up.
Even in the friendlies the 5 at the back and barely any attacking outlet was painful watching. It worked against Villa to a degree, and got us hammered in the other 3 games.
For me the main issue has been the negativity of Parker’s football and comments. With a new manager in charge we might be ok. Outside of the top 6, the teams aren’t all that and belief and a good manager will carry you a long way.
It’s not like we had a massive spending spree the first season we went up, and the players we ended up buying in first 2 seasons were mostly injured or flops. This squad is stronger imo, but if you coach them to pass it around the back all day and barely ever venture forward or show attacking intent, yeah, they’re gonna look out of their depth.

It really depends what the questions are. Right up until the end of May, was there really any concern?

We all assumed that communication between Parker/board/Demin was fine and that they were all on the same page.

It might have never been said out loud, but the majority of the fan base was of the impression that this was going to be a summer of low spending - sorting out the training ground, potential infrastructure, looking towards the future.

A few long term contracts to key players and a couple of attractive signings that could potentially do the business in the Premier League and who may stick around for a promotion push the following season.

Parker’s previous at Fulham, sure with hindsight maybe we should have known it was coming…but equally his behaviour then was his first and only job. Giving someone the benefit of the doubt shouldn’t be seen as a mistake if you believe someone has learned and changed from an experience. (His next club shouldn’t be so daft).

So a dramatic fall out over the last few months between Parker, who either lost the stomach for the challenge, realised his own limitations or had never had the intention to work to the brief.

Either way, the important questions for me is not about a post-mortem on Parker and more on investment off the pitch with the training ground and finding a long-term answer to our home ground situation.

Parker was clearly the right choice at the time ( he got us up again)...after they indecently jettisoned the perfectly adequate JW.....but strange things (?) eventually happened behind the scenes..as they did with EH ..and the board move into daft mode....and here we are....up a rocky creek with no oars !
Perfectly adequate JW?

And what role managerial wise does he now occupy?

FFS can’t we just accept that we are one of the top 20 clubs by merit in this country and many big clubs with PL history like WBA Bolton Ipswich QPR Sheffield Wednesday and Blackburn would love to be in our shoes right now!…I thank the owner and board for that!

;