At what point to the board need to be seriously questioned?

FFS can’t we just accept that we are one of the top 20 clubs by merit in this country and many big clubs with PL history like WBA Bolton Ipswich QPR Sheffield Wednesday and Blackburn would love to be in our shoes right now!…I thank the owner and board for that!
Amen !

Interesting exchanges of views since the MC game ...it just shows what a diverse thing Football is...so many angles to see things from...
...it could just be that we shoot up the table...then the talking points shift into new spheres...new arguments about the future etc !
..it's been an incredible insight into the game and the psychology of it all by following this clubs fortunes over 6 decades plus...

Parker himself said he switched his phone off for the summer, so maybe this didn't all come to a head before pre-season. How much had we spent when we were first promoted (genuine question as I can't remember?) Maybe the board/Max thought let's see if we can spend some and stay up and then spend more as with Eddie? Then the decision to invest in the new training facilities. That is obviously seen as a bigger priority at the moment than spending lots on the squad. Would be nice to see a bit more spent, but it's Max's money and he's already spent lots on us, so kind of fair enough too. If we did a Forest, that would be irresponsible. Let's also just wait to see what happens before the deadline. There might be some surprises still.
Does any manager really switch their phone off this summer?

Some of the most significant stuff i've ever took notice of about Football was Brian Cloughs opinions about Owners and Chairmen...
The guy really had an intensely intellectual and comprehensive handle on all aspects concerned with the game.

Last edited:
If he'd put stronger teams out at the end of the season we wouldn't have had to play brentford over 2 legs

I don't get this logic. We won one and lost one in the playoffs and only then because we had a guy sent off and a soft pen against. We didn't need to avoid them we just needed 11 men.

I don't get this logic. We won one and lost one in the playoffs and only then because we had a guy sent off and a soft pen against. We didn't need to avoid them we just needed 11 men.
Well an easier 2 leg game, then a one off game against brentford, would have been an easier path. But yes we did lose away at brentford with an unlucky pen and a stupid red card

When the boardroom biscuits run out.

"Shall I purchase Bourbons or Custard Creams gents ?"

There are probably a few other occasions too, this one was just off the top of me 'ead !

Well an easier 2 leg game, then a one off game against brentford, would have been an easier path. But yes we did lose away at brentford with an unlucky pen and a stupid red card

How would it have been easier? If we'd have had a dodgy pen against us and a player sent off it would have been just as difficult.

Makes you wonder what Christmas morning in the Waz household was like... "This is FIFA 07, I asked for FIFA 08!!!! Have you ever actually played computer games before? How am I supposed to compete at this level without the upgraded manager mode and enhanced soundtrack?!?" with his poor mother sat there staring into space.
Aah! I’ve found another Viz lover at last!

How would it have been easier? If we'd have had a dodgy pen against us and a player sent off it would have been just as difficult.

Tbf there was some strong sentiment at the time that Brentford over 1 leg, at neutral stadium what have been preferred. We may have held on that theirs but it would have been a long game even 11 v. 11 and 1 up the way things were looking...

Tbf there was some strong sentiment at the time that Brentford over 1 leg, at neutral stadium what have been preferred. We may have held on that theirs but it would have been a long game even 11 v. 11 and 1 up the way things were looking...

We were bossing it until the pen and comfortable with 11. It felt like game over.

;