Away Days, Blackburn Rovers

I remember as a kid going to a home cup game against you back in the 90's.

A Bournemouth fan we were talking to in the pub who must have had some connection to the club later sent me a programme signed by your squad. I will have to dig it out the loft!
That will have been Istabraq. He is Jason Tindalls husband.

I remember as a kid going to a home cup game against you back in the 90's.

A Bournemouth fan we were talking to in the pub who must have had some connection to the club later sent me a programme signed by your squad. I will have to dig it out the loft!

in the loft?!
why isn't it framed and on your scullery wall? :grinning:

I have checked my records, yes I do keep them! I went to Blackburn when I was at uni in Manchester so between 1971 and 1974 I vaguely recall it was a draw but in those days didn’t buy a programme so not sure exactly when it was. On the 92 thing I have been hovering around the 78 mark for ages. Just this season I am losing Oldham and my town of birth Scunthorpe, I have been to both of their grounds and Scunthorpe v Afcb was the first afcb game I saw at Dean court in 1966 when my father took me. At the last count I have been to about 15 National League grounds when they were in the league. I don’t think I’ll ever make the 92 now!

I count the number of grounds where I have seen Bournemouth play a competitive match. I didn't count Highbury for 16 years until we played there in the League Cup.

Those grounds include non-league (past and present), those that have been levelled (Nene Park, for example) and clubs that have all but disappeared (Bury).

So, for example, Brighton gets three, Wembley counts as two, as does Wycombe, Chesterfield, Leicester, Man City and many others.

Bournemouth counts as two (Dean Court and Dorch). To count a club with a new ground, it has to have moved to a new site. On this basis, Spurs counts twice (just) but Dean Court doesn't.

Temporary ground sharing with another league club doesn't count. So, for example, Coventry could only be only two, as St. Andrews is already counted under Birmingham City. Watling Street, Dartford's Old ground only counts once despite having seen both The Darts in the FA Cup and Maidstone in the Mrs. Miggins Pie Trophy.

I have visited around 120 grounds with Bournemouth, but I have hardly been even close to claiming a current 92.

Last edited:
I count the number of grounds where I have seen Bournemouth play a competitive match. I didn't count Highbury for 16 years until we played there in the League Cup.

Those grounds include non-league (past and present), those that have been levelled (Nene Park, for example) and clubs that have all but disappeared (Bury).

So, for example, Brighton gets three, Wembley counts as two, as does Wycombe, Chesterfield, Leicester, Man City and many others.

Bournemouth counts as two (Dean Court and Dorch). To count a club with a new ground, it has to have moved to a new site. On this basis, Spurs counts twice (just) but Dean Court doesn't.

Temporary ground sharing with another league club doesn't count. So, for example, Coventry could only be only two, as St. Andrews is already counted under Birmingham City. Wartling Street, Dartford's Old ground only counts once despite having seen both The Darts in the FA Cup and Maidstone in the Mrs. Miggins Pie Trophy.

I have visited around 120 grounds with Bournemouth, but I have hardly been even close to claiming a current 92.

That Dean Court / White Hart Lane distinction seems a bit flimsy. Assuming you're not counting Wembley for spurs.

If I count the grounds just for competitive games then I'm on 130. So that would include 3 for Bristol Rovers etc.
I also include the likes of Bury and Rushdon and FA Cup matches such as Basingstoke, Winsor & Eton, Sutton etc.
If we go up then Brentford will be my only tick.

That Dean Court / White Hart Lane distinction seems a bit flimsy. Assuming you're not counting Wembley for spurs.
I think he is looking at it from a grounds perspective, not a teams perspective. So spurs wouldn't count an extra Wembley....Just guessing though

I think he is looking at it from a grounds perspective, not a teams perspective. So spurs wouldn't count an extra Wembley....Just guessing though

Which is fair but counting WHL as a new ground and DC as the same ground seems a bit dubious. He must have a rule about how far the centre circle moves.

I believe “doing the 92” is solely the current ground of each of the 92.

The merky side comes in between ground development and new ground. Hence the confusion over Dean Court and Tottenham.

Dean Court is still Dean Court, White Hart Lane no longer exists and it’s now the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

I believe “doing the 92” is solely the current ground of each of the 92.

The merky side comes in between ground development and new ground. Hence the confusion over Dean Court and Tottenham.

Dean Court is still Dean Court, White Hart Lane no longer exists and it’s now the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Still seems dubious. New grounds are always given different names but if they are on the same site?

nintchdbpict000322489553.jpg

I wonder how the 92 club count it. To me it’s football league and current ground. Obviously totally up to the individual how you count it in all seriousness!!

'A football match' at that ground is ok. Friendlies generally accepted as OK...Judging on social media discussions on the subject. I watched Wigan - Leeds in a RL match at the JJB, but can't count it.

Stockport coming back up though...yessss!! (Especially as Boundary Pk and Scunny are coming off the list...)

Good mate from Uni was a Blackburn fan, this was early 90's so went through the Jack Walker money, getting promoted etc. Good set of lads, good fun.

Got dragged to a few matches by him.

First match under Dalglish, beat Plymouth 5-2
That scummers match with a Shearer scissor kick, 2-0
Couple of Blackburn - Villa matches

Only AFCB match was the 0-1 when Grabban scored. Funniest moment was singing 'We all hate Leeds scum' to Paul Robinson - and he pointed out that Ian Harte (Hartey) played for us. Fair point LOL....

See...the center circle moved! Looks like it may have moved outside of the old ground

Well it's true, there does have to be a line drawn somewhere, otherwise you could say that Cardiff, Leicester or even Arsenal are the same ground. Going the other way and getting back on topic you could argue that Blackburn's ground is new, it's certainly unrecognisable from the olden days.

248709006.jpg

Real Rollercoaster of a game, 1-0 down, 1-1, then I remember Osama Broadhurst scoring a great header with about 10mins to go, only for Blackburn to snatch an injury time equaliser…they went 3-2 up in extra time and I thought that was game over so getting to 3-3 and then winning on penalties was way beyond expectations given Blackburn were PL at the time. A certain Eddie Howe scored the winning penalty as well!

1994?
Gareth O’Connor scored a great volley too, his best goal for us?
Was my first visit to EP and luckily enough it coincided with a customer visit to Accrington

I got within 4 of the 92 (Rochdale, Burnley and two others I can't remember!), and then clubs started changing grounds and I found other things which took up my time.

I'm not sure how I count them now. I've seen BRovers and Infrastructre & Hove Albion at three different grounds, Chester and loads of others at two. I think three is the most. Anyway, I've kind of stopped counting!

;