Away kit

It's pretty grim IMO.
Look at the back, it's just that awful pattern all over. Looks hideous.
Also not well executed. Don't know if anybody else has noticed this but look at the AFCB printed at the back of the neck.
It is printed in the same colour as the lines of the pattern which run through it, thereby making it partly illegible.

Looks like it was bashed out in a hurry without much care and attention to me.

Oh and I wish that the club's marketing department would stop trying to convince me that every kit somebody at Umbro Design drags and drops onto a computer screen is automatically "stunning". We'll be the judge of that !

Last edited:
Umbro try and outdo their cleverness every year.

Sorry Umbro, this is just ****************.

Looks like the bloody Nvidia logo.

I can imagine the comments from some of you miserable gits in the 90’s -

A1 windscreen shirts? ‘Stripes are too thin’

Yellow coaches shirt? ‘Too plain, why’s there a chicken logo’

Exchange & Mart shirts? ‘Don’t like triangles’

Frizzle shirts? ‘Don’t like the badge in the middle’

Great as a leisure shirt in summer - think will sell well

I am surprised at the pretentiousness of calling a striped blue colour as omphalodes blue and blue collar colour as celestial blue

Is this the sort of kit which might stop somebody signing for us ? :wagging::p
Maybe we should launch these things AFTER the transfer window has closed ?
:unsure:

Mind you, that Arsenal kit is ten times worse, so there's a chance we might still be able to sign some of Arsenal's first choices once they've turned them down. Maybe there is reason to this madness after all ?

But being serious for a moment, I like the idea of the nod to our seaside location but the wave pattern is far too "design" for me. Some sort of more natural interpretation of sea waves would have looked better IMO. This is just a bit too busy for my eyes, so it's a no from me.
I'll probably buy a sponsor free home shirt though because I do think that that shirt looks pretty classic and smart.

Wish they would show the back.
Does the pattern go all round, or is it that insipid grey/blue of the sleeves on the back?

First impressions: I like. I could actually imagine wearing this while not going to game/playing football

Wish they would show the back.
Does the pattern go all round, or is it that insipid grey/blue of the sleeves on the back?
The pattern covers the entire back apart from the sleeves.
Pictures from all sides on the AFCB Superstore page.
Also pictures of the rear of the neck with the barely legible 'AFCB' printed on top of the pattern in the same colour ! :wagging:

;