Away kits

from the teaser video I thought it might be a bit like the old (1998?) Netherlands away kit as seen in the top of the first photo here:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/26/football-kit-evolution-more-than-a-shirt

A bit sad that it isn't similar. I'd have loved a marmite garish design shirt. I think it will look better in the flesh though with the pattern coming up stronger.

DJ - 26/7/2017 07:02

Might look better in person, but isn't in the same league as the home kit.

The colour I'm guessing is one these brand colours the likes of Umbro have, as it's very very similar to Derby's kit last season and Hearts kit this season.
same way I felt about the ghost green. I had to see it first. I am sure the flat images don't do it justice. If anyone sees it please let me know if it is better in person.

In case anyone missed the graphic embedded in the blue i've adjusted the contrast/ colour balance to show it.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 0
Distinctly underwhelmed by that one,as said above,it looks more like a third kit.
If the green and black looks better,I would prefer that as the way kit,but my guess is it won't be stripes but plain and the same design as this one.
I was in the club shop today and wasn't massively impressed by training kit,unless there are more styles to come.
It's basically black with red,or red with black.
Pricy as well !!

bigfatolly - 26/7/2017 18:08

Distinctly underwhelmed by that one,as said above,it looks more like a third kit.
If the green and black looks better,I would prefer that as the way kit,but my guess is it won't be stripes but plain and the same design as this one.
I was in the club shop today and wasn't massively impressed by training kit,unless there are more styles to come.
Pricy as well !!

My guess if there is a green and black one that it'll be predominantly green with thin black stripes. Something similar to the Blackburn kit.

DJ - 26/7/2017 18:12

Pricy as well !!

My guess if there is a green and black one that it'll be predominantly green with thin black stripes. Something similar to the Blackburn kit.

And presumably Blackburn wear Umbro kit?

tednphil - 26/7/2017 18:15

DJ - 26/7/2017 18:12

Pricy as well !!

And presumably Blackburn wear Umbro kit?

They do.

There's a video on afcb now with Surman and there are some black shorts with bright green trim in the background. (Could be goalie kit of course)

DJ - 26/7/2017 18:17

There's a video on afcb now with Surman and there are some black shorts with bright green trim in the background. (Could be goalie kit of course)

Having gone looking for it again on the Facebook page I can't seem to find it again?

Following a review of sales from previous seasons of away kit in 4XL, 5XL, women’s and baby sizes, as well as the minimum order quantities our manufacturer stipulates, we will not be stocking these sizes this season. Supporters can still purchase the new home kit in women’s and baby sizes

-----

At least that implies home kits will be available for us fat bar stewards.

BoyRacer - 26/7/2017 22:02

Following a review of sales from previous seasons of away kit in 4XL, 5XL, women’s and baby sizes, as well as the minimum order quantities our manufacturer stipulates, we will not be stocking these sizes this season. Supporters can still purchase the new home kit in women’s and baby sizes

-----

Have you seen this thread?

http://www.afcb.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=80576&posts=5

DJ - 26/7/2017 22:22

BoyRacer - 26/7/2017 22:02

-----

Have you seen this thread?

http://www.afcb.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=80576&posts=5

I have now. :angry:

I like it personally. I'm glad they didn't just play it safe like they did with the home kit. Would look alot better if it was more of a whitish blue like I thought it would look like from the preview.

Bloody fantastic looking kit, very modern and vivid, really stands out as a beautiful design and as a complete strip with the shorts and socks together. I'll probably not get it due to lighter kits not being so nice for those with a middle age spread tummy though! We've had several kits with navy and sky blue, it's just usually been the navy as the dominant colour of the two.

I was told yesterday that the third kit will be black with green trim, so that confirms what was said above regarding the shorts seen on the website. Much better for a slimming look! I just hope I will still be alive the next time we use green & black stripes for one of our kits :)

I'm not impressed with the away kit -- this is going to be one of those kits where people watch the highlights back 20 years from now and can't believe people wore that crap back then.
OK, not as bad as the pink, or the ghost green, but this is not a 3rd kit!
Would have liked some stripes.

Having said all this, if we have some amazing away victories with this one on, it will grow on me.

;