Away support

The trick to making West Ham a good day out is to go there from Greenwich or Deptford. Plenty of pubs, riverside walks and places to eat in both places, plus a touristy market in Greenwich or a proper street market in Deptford. Then 20 minutes on a direct DLR train to Pudding Mill Lane which has no queues and is right behind the away end.

The trick to making West Ham a good day out is to go there from Greenwich or Deptford. Plenty of pubs, riverside walks and places to eat in both places, plus a touristy market in Greenwich or a proper street market in Deptford. Then 20 minutes on a direct DLR train to Pudding Mill Lane which has no queues and is right behind the away end.
I agree with this as a way to make West Ham a decent day out. You can also,get the underground to Stratford and change onto the DLR for one stop to Pudding Mill Lane. It puts you near to the right entrance and saves a load of hassle.

I still think City is a bit underrated as an away trip. The Northern quarter is great for drink, locals and City fans fine and not too hard to get to from the City centre.

Pleased that they still actually seem excited to be beating teams like us - get into it a bit more than teams like Arsenal, United, etc..

I still think City is a bit underrated as an away trip. The Northern quarter is great for drink, locals and City fans fine and not too hard to get to from the City centre.

Pleased that they still actually seem excited to be beating teams like us - get into it a bit more than teams like Arsenal, United, etc..

I agree with this. I usually walk to/from the stadium from Piccadilly and each time, I have been accompanied by City fans who are also walking. None of them seem aloof or other wordly. I have been taken to a nice chippy nearby and been bought drinks after the match.

In fact it is the same with most places find the real fans and yo'll find decent people, decent pubs not bad everything really. Even Chelsea once you get bit away from the ground and even at United, although this has never really happened at Arsenal. For example, anyone visited the Flatiron just a few streets down from Anfield. It is a bit of a trek, but walking from Lime Street to the ground, you'll pick up any number of genuine supporters.

As for West Ham, the area around the stadium is souless and sterile and the ground is not good for football atmosphere.

Assuming we stay up, then if I could pick promotion and relegation based on good days out for the season after the coming one, I would not miss Wolves, West Ham or the lot down the road. Coming up (hoping Fulham make it) I would request Norwich, Brentford and Sheffield Wednesday.

Bournemouth against Brentford in the Pemier League. How unlikely would that have sounded a few years ago? Would be great to go back there before they move.

Went to Stratford this week for work. Its good to know that the Jubilee Line has step free access at Waterloo and Stratford. Think that will be my journey of choice next season.

;