Back, sack or….(not crack)

• Back him

Votes: 54 50.0%
  • Sack him

Votes: 54 50.0%

• Total voters

yesyescherry

UTC Legend
I’m of the opinion you don’t over react after events like yesterday and sacking him would be a bit of a dumb knee-jerk reaction and mad timing with 4 days of the transfer window still available to strengthen. But the defeatism and negative mentality is only going to harm the team’s chances and we need an urgent change of atmosphere and attitude, that we’re not going to get just from some new signings.

Back, for now, all day long. 4 games in, 3 of which were unwinnable. 9-0 is unacceptable but doesn’t constitute sacking.
The issue is that if we’re going to back him then it has to be to a level whereby he feels we can be competitive, if not then there’s little point. That could be millions and millions of pounds. If we can’t back him to the point that he feels we can even compete then we need to get rid and being in someone who does have that belief and can instil it into the players. No point in keeping him on and not investing, the half arsed gutless performances and the post match whinging will just continue until he does get sacked. By then we’ll have thrown precious points down the drain.

Not too fussed with the terrible, negative and dull performances. But the throwing the team and basically the club under the bus, and never taking any personal responsibility for anything, I would get rid if things don’t improve pretty rapidly in attitude (his) and performance.

Exactly this. There are plenty of things he could say behind closed doors to the directors. Why does he persist in saying things to the media? Basically, he's trying to deflect blame. Who takes blame away from the players and protects them? Should be the manager. I think Parker is also trying to force the board into sacking him if they don't spend more money. Parker is behaving like a captain abandoning his ship. I think he wants out, and I think the players probably want him out now he publicly tells the world they are not good enough. He wasn't amazing last season. He did okay given the money spent. There were question marks about his tactics and personality. If we win at Wolves, okay then maybe he can turn it around, but Parker seems to lack basic emotional intelligence. If you tell people they aren't good enough, it crushes them and stops them being their best.

I voted back him, for now anyway.
Whatever happens in the future we need at least 3 players in now. So if he does go in the next month or so, at least the new manager will have a decent squad to pick from.
Left back, Centre back and a forward, even if 2 are loans. All of whom need to be first team ready by the Brighton game at the latest.
Hopefully at least 2 of the injured players will be fit as well.

Exactly this. There are plenty of things he could say behind closed doors to the directors. Why does he persist in saying things to the media? Basically, he's trying to deflect blame. Who takes blame away from the players and protects them? Should be the manager. I think Parker is also trying to force the board into sacking him if they don't spend more money. Parker is behaving like a captain abandoning his ship. I think he wants out, and I think the players probably want him out now he publicly tells the world they are not good enough. He wasn't amazing last season. He did okay given the money spent. There were question marks about his tactics and personality. If we win at Wolves, okay then maybe he can turn it around, but Parker seems to lack basic emotional intelligence. If you tell people they aren't good enough, it crushes them and stops them being their best.

I think he believes in his own hype of an up and coming English manager .
His football style is out of date and yes might not have the best squad, but show some fighting spirit .

He has to go .

Depends what we mean by “back” him? Do we back him with another £20-30million in the transfer market? I’d say no. It’s not enough to stay up, loan market sure and that’s where we should be. But relegation is likely regardless.

But if Max has made a concerted effort to to keep the budget tight and invest the Premier League money into the training ground with a longer term vision to sort out the ground. Then that’s what he should stick to and not panic. Take relegation on the chin. It’ll make for a crap season but the club needs at some point to look beyond the immediate few months.

Depends what we mean by “back” him? Do we back him with another £20-30million in the transfer market? I’d say no. It’s not enough to stay up, loan market sure and that’s where we should be. But relegation is likely regardless.

But if Max has made a concerted effort to to keep the budget tight and invest the Premier League money into the training ground with a longer term vision to sort out the ground. Then that’s what he should stick to and not panic. Take relegation on the chin. It’ll make for a crap season but the club needs at some point to look beyond the immediate few months.

Exactly. Also, having thought Stoke were idiots for sacking a manager after letting him do all of preseason, I'd have to classify us the same if we did likewise. We already sacked one manager in recent times at the end of the window.

Yesterday was a horror show and Parker comes out of it poorly. Even so, it still isn't a game on which this season will hinge.

The next 6-8 games are where we see if he has learnt anything since his Fulham stint.

Sorry can’t accept his words after this defeat that he was mainly responsible for…not normal for a team to lose 0-9 in any situation IMO…shows the players are headless tactically confused and leaderless…go now Parker and take your pessimism with you..would rather we go down fighting not resigning!

The trouble is, would anyone be lined up?
I’m sure Neil and Waz will tell us NO.
Despite what Waz says most of our players are good enough to play in a mid table premier league team which is where we should be. Unfortunately we have a manager with no tactical nous and no motivational skills. I'm sure there are plenty of managers down the leagues who possess both and would relish the chance.

Reactions: rgb
Back him for now, give him the first ten games or so, if no major improvements then bye bye. I still wonder if we are planning to do a Norwich, take relegation and the cash, new training ground and rebuild.

The trouble is, would anyone be lined up?
I’m sure Neil and Waz will tell us NO.
People love to speak for me, it’s great! You’d hope there would be someone lined up and they’ve learnt from the last twice they removed a manager with no back up.

So, as i like to see the positive in people, I’m saying they have got someone in mind, surely, and won’t be putting a SIM card in an old phone to get Woodgates number back.

On the basis that I think we will likely go down anyway and are unlikely to spend much more, I'd sack him and get someone (anyone) in with a more positive attitude. Not somebody who's going to cry to the media after every defeat.

Parker has effectively thrown the towel in with this squad already, which is unacceptable. This isn't a plucky group of league one players, its predominantly a group of players who either have significant PL experience or were stand out championship players last year.

It's very much the Man United way to think that throwing more money at the situation will make you a better team. It's rarely that straightforward. We are definitely short up front and central defence, but we have more than enough to be at least competitive.

So yeah, it's sack him for me.

Basically is there anyone out there better who would come to our club and work on the same budget that Scott Parker has got?

He did his job last season of getting us promoted at his first attempt, so surely after four games, three very tough ones, he deserves a chance to prove his team can get results against the lesser teams in this league.

Against one of the lesser teams in Villa we won without conceding.

;