Back him or sack him?

Back, sack or….(not crack)

• Back him

Votes: 54 50.0%
  • Sack him

Votes: 54 50.0%

• Total voters
Parker has actually been very clever when viewed from the perspective of his own career prospects.

It was clear to him that we don’t have the funds available to compete, so instead of seeing it through and having another top flight relegation on his CV he decided instead to make his position untenable and instigate his own sacking, ensuring a payout in the process.

By constantly bemoaning the quality of the squad in public he put the board in a position where they either had to back him or sack him. At the same time, by constantly speaking publicly about the under equipped nature of the squad he has firmly planted a narrative that is favourable towards himself into the consciousness of chairman around the country.

Parker has actually been very clever when viewed from the perspective of his own career prospects.

It was clear to him that we don’t have the funds available to compete, so instead of seeing it through and having another top flight relegation on his CV he decided instead to make his position untenable and instigate his own sacking, ensuring a payout in the process.

By constantly bemoaning the quality of the squad in public he put the board in a position where they either had to back him or sack him. At the same time, by constantly speaking publicly about the under equipped nature of the squad he has firmly planted a narrative that is favourable towards himself into the consciousness of chairman around the country.

I don't disagree. In terms of getting another job, he's played his hand well. But from our perspective, I'm still glad he's gone and it was definitely the right decision. If I was a player I certainly wouldn't want to give my all for a manager that publicly tells me I'm not good enough. He made his position untenable after that.

The constraints for a club like Bournemouth should be obvious to most. Factor in the off-field spending and there's no way we could be expected to splash the cash alla Forest. Suggesting otherwise is just incredibly naive on his part and shows no consideration for the long-term future of the club. Not that he necessarily should care about more than his own career, he's not a fan, but if you make it blindingly, and publically, obvious that that is the case, then you have to go.

I think he'll be found out eventually. It seems he can only work with players that are the best in their division. So he'll probably find himself at other top Championship teams but I can't see him making it as a PL manager.

I agree with this 100%... Said to my mates after his comments on City and Arsenal... He's plotting his own sacking here... Was initially shocked and felt for the guy, but the more I think about it, read about it and hear about it... I'm glad he's gone... I just hope, wit every bone in my body we get the next appointment right... But then again... I thought the appointment of parker was right... So what do I know...

he has firmly planted a narrative that is favourable towards himself into the consciousness of chairman around the country
I agree with everything aside from the last part. I think he may have permanently damaged his reputation with any potential future suitors (Chairman).

Did the same at Fulham and then at Bournemouth.

If I were looking for a new manager who'd embody my club and the fanbase, I'd pause for thought if Parker was suggested as a possibility.

;