badkeeper

In all seriousness, we are 28 games into the season and I can't remember one time when I thought I am glad we have Begovic in goal. Not saying he has had a bad season, but I was expecting him to have a least one game where he basically got us a point or three. I guess there was the Palace penalty save, but I a talking about a game where he was making save after save. Like Boruc against Man U last season.

I was hoping for a minimum 7/10 per game calibre player like Ake, and we got is someone about as good as Boruc, but younger and still prone to the odd mistake

Begovic was poor today and cost us 3points, no doubt at all.

But Boruc cost us far more per season when playing. Lets not get rose tinted about him.

Druss_the_Legend - 24/2/2018 18:03

But Boruc cost us far more per season when playing. Lets not get rose tinted about him.

Still plenty of the season to go if he's going to carry on playing like that...

DJ,

Always jumping on to support Boruc over Begovic. Its almost like people are allowed to have a negative opinion about one of our players. I hope you get pelters from the usual suspects on here ;)

Druss_the_Legend - 24/2/2018 18:03

2 points. It was a draw.

both good gk's imo both capable of being a genius and complete madness unfortunately boruc is 38 but will always be a legend in the bmouth history book despite what some might say

USCherry - 24/2/2018 17:34

In all seriousness, we are 28 games into the season and I can't remember one time when I thought I am glad we have Begovic in goal. Not saying he has had a bad season, but I was expecting him to have a least one game where he basically got us a point or three. I guess there was the Palace penalty save, but I a talking about a game where he was making save after save. Like Boruc against Man U last season.

I was hoping for a minimum 7/10 per game calibre player like Ake, and we got is someone about as good as Boruc, but younger and still prone to the odd mistake

Completely disagree. Would be easily in my top 3 players for us this season. 2 bad games in a season I can deal with no problem. Still a country mile ahead of Boruc.

Do you actually watch the games live? Because quite frankly you are wrong.

This season Boruc has let his hair down and is clearly preparing for retirement. Begovic will be the better of the 2 from now on. But i am very much of the opinion that Begovic is a downgrade of last season's Boruc.

Begovic, like Aké, can do absolutely no wrong in the eyes of most fans and so his horrendous mistakes are largely overlooked. I don't have a problem with people not criticising them though, as long as the same rules are applied to Boruc, Francis or S. Cook, which is never the case.

Chris2001 - 24/2/2018 16:15

Do you actually watch the games live? Because quite frankly you are wrong.
you think he has had a bad season? Please explain.

West Moors Cherry - 24/2/2018 16:01

Completely disagree. Would be easily in my top 3 players for us this season. 2 bad games in a season I can deal with no problem. Still a country mile ahead of Boruc.
please let me know which games you think he actually stood out. FYI i don’t think he had a bad season so far but an experienced premier league goalkeeper I would expect no errors. Although we could blame Neil Moss.

Off the top he was error prone today, West Ham at home, Chelsea at home and some might argue he was at fault for the pen at palace.

Let’s put the comparison to Buruc aside. What I struggle with is is he a shot stopper. If so, when has he shown that?. Does he command the defence or his own box? Is his distribution great? He is good but not great. What was you expectation when he joined?

And before druss and dragonm8 jump in I am not a begovic hater he has just fallen short of my expectation so far. He is a quality keeper but I was expecting a keeper that we wouldn’t even need to talk about.

;