Battling Bournemouth hold their own against Baggie bruisers

He can start by sending 2 of ours , Brooks and Kilkenny up the field at corners, reducing the congestion that hampers the keeper.

excellent point, it's not as though we didn't expect them (and 90% of teams in this division) to play for corners and long throws and pack the box

don't think we gave Travers enough protection at times from what was largely their only threat

Begovic was better equipped physically to deal with those but at £70k pw he ought to be

Good report Waz. Tactically we were always up against it in midfield with our of 4 - 3 - 3 against WB's 'swarming' 3 - 4 - 3.

We did play Anthony and Brooks out wide on both flanks but this served to leave Solanke on his own and our two isolated or restricted in going forwards.

It was interesting to see that we did change it at the back with Zemura moving forward a bit but this meant that most of the time the keep ball from goal kicks between Travers, Kelly and Mepham went right to Smith and worked out of defence down the right.

After being bullied with little protection from a poor ref I was happy with a point.

excellent point, it's not as though we didn't expect them (and 90% of teams in this division) to play for corners and long throws and pack the box

don't think we gave Travers enough protection at times from what was largely their only threat

Begovic was better equipped physically to deal with those but at £70k pw he ought to be
Agree, for me we didn't do enough to stop the cross for the first goal and are not giving the keeper enough protection. We have been conceding to many goals from set pieces for many years no matter who is in goal.someone like duffy at Brighton heads them away all day long.old fashioned centre half would help

Agree, for me we didn't do enough to stop the cross for the first goal and are not giving the keeper enough protection. We have been conceding to many goals from set pieces for many years no matter who is in goal.someone like duffy at Brighton heads them away all day long.old fashioned centre half would help
The back four did all they could to protect the keeper, it’s not possible to stop every single cross. Travers didn’t do enough to reduce the pressure being put on the back four.

The back four did all they could to protect the keeper, it’s not possible to stop every single cross. Travers didn’t do enough to reduce the pressure being put on the back four.
O shea scored their first goal,size of him and no one picked him up,nothing travers could do with that.

Dann?

;