Be careful what we wish for

kirsikka

UTC Legend
I'm genuinely surprised at the groundswell of opinion that seems to be gaining traction that EH should go.

Lots of managers have a bad season before bouncing back. For example, IIRC Moyes almost took Everton down before qualifying for the CL for the first time.

EH built the house. There's nobody else I would trust more to make the repairs.

If he did go, I suspect we'll be in much bigger trouble in short order along with a manager merry-go-round.

I’m still in the he needs to stay camp. I’m not blaming Eddie I’m blaming injuries, if it’s eddies training techniques that are causing it then that’s different but I think it’s just extremely bad luck

I'm genuinely surprised at the groundswell of opinion that seems to be gaining traction that EH should go.

Lots of managers have a bad season before bouncing back. For example, IIRC Moyes almost took Everton down before qualifying for the CL for the first time.

EH built the house. There's nobody else I would trust more to make the repairs.

If he did go, I suspect we'll be in much bigger trouble in short order along with a manager merry-go-round.

Don’t forget it’s New Year’s Day and the wine etc has probably been over consumed.

Just think back what Eddie has done at this club.

The season hasn’t finished yet.

He has to stay in my opinion .

I don’t think we have been playing players not fully fit .the next league is a must win for us

I think he needs to seriously consider whether JT is the right hand man he needs to pull us out of this. Their collective ideas at the moment are absolute tosh.
I don't think its fair to push the blame towards Tindall. For all we know Tindall may be trying to bring new ideas in. No they stand or fall together IMO.
I think it will come down to Max and Max alone. Is he prepared to keep going with EH even if it means his investment is decimated by relegation. Or will he take a gamble on someone else.
What little we know of Max suggests a tolerant approach but I would not bet against that changing.

we need something new and maybe a new number 2 with some fresh ideas might help as atm we are going down without a fight

The buck stops with Max

I'm sure if he can stomach the financial issues involved with relegation he'd keep Eddie. I guess it depends how much is at risk- none of us know.

Lets be honest Injuries have hit the club hard, its all been a bit daft on that front.

Loads to sort out.

Eddie Howe is the only thing that keeps our clubs soul in tact. Everything else has gone following our rise to the Premier League.

We’ve got fans who only know (in context) success. A decade of fantasy football manager, climbing through all the leagues with the world against us.

I truly hesitate to even think it but watching today, it really does make you think. Something needs to change. I saw most players all trying, I don't think its that [ couple of obvious exceptions, Callum especially ]. But Eddie also needs to get a fresh view on tactics. Asking Solanke to play left midfield when he has Fraser and Stan on the bench for example. Only two in centre midfield for an away game. Subs didn't make much sense again. These kind of things make you ponder if a new voice might kick some fresh impetus into the side.

Eddie Howe is the only thing that keeps our clubs soul in tact. Everything else has gone following our rise to the Premier League.

We’ve got fans who only know (in context) success. A decade of fantasy football manager, climbing through all the leagues with the world against us.

Almost in unison, DJ

I keep saying it and will say it again - judge him at the end of the season... you never know he may be the only one that can keep us up!

I'm under no illusions. Nobody is better placed to keep us up that EH.

However, for me it's not the results, it's the abysmal displays that we have seen steadily decline for several years. I remember in the Championship and first season in the PL EH harped on about principles and making sure we never waver from them. There was a known philosophy and by and large the players were on board. My biggest question is: what happened to this principles? Or what are the principles? Certainly I was under the impression that e.g. fast, attacking midfield play was a crucial part of it. There are no ideas (or at least it seems) to try and address the problems that we have. Every week it's just same again and hope for the best.

The buck stops with Max

I'm sure if he can stomach the financial issues involved with relegation he'd keep Eddie. I guess it depends how much is at risk- none of us know.

Lets be honest Injuries have hit the club hard, its all been a bit daft on that front.

Loads to sort out.

The underperforming is carried on from the end of last season

The lack of movement off the ball and the careless giving up possesion starts on the training ground
Too many players not earning the shirt

Imagine if the club released a statement right now saying he has quit / been fired.

How could ANYONE feel better after reading that? I’d be depressed for a year.

;