Be careful what we wish for

Do not listen to Solent at the moment unless you want to see Pulis back.

Just read out comments from listeners and TP being mentioned to replace Eddie.

A former cricketer in discussion with Willo about time for a change and maybe manager, everyone has a shelf life.

Willo disagrees.

I only thought we would have one season in the prem and then back to the third division. We are still massively over achieving. It's crap right now, but we are still above lots of other "massive" clubs who won't be playing in the prem next season either.

I'm under no illusions. Nobody is better placed to keep us up that EH.

However, for me it's not the results, it's the abysmal displays that we have seen steadily decline for several years. I remember in the Championship and first season in the PL EH harped on about principles and making sure we never waver from them. There was a known philosophy and by and large the players were on board. My biggest question is: what happened to this principles? Or what are the principles? Certainly I was under the impression that e.g. fast, attacking midfield play was a crucial part of it. There are no ideas (or at least it seems) to try and address the problems that we have. Every week it's just same again and hope for the best.

Agreed. Perhaps it's because of the gradual loss of the Championship team through leaving or reduced playtime (and the subsequent loss of influence in the dressing room) that the "spirit" we once had is all but lost.

It seems as though the players just come in and out for their paycheck now.

Agreed. Perhaps it's because of the gradual loss of the Championship team through leaving or reduced playtime (and the subsequent loss of influence in the dressing room) that the "spirit" we once had is all but lost.

It seems as though the players just come in and out for their paycheck now.

does seem they dont care but then again players in other teams show guts so who knows. we need a fighting spirit from somehwere

I truly hesitate to even think it but watching today, it really does make you think. Something needs to change. I saw most players all trying, I don't think its that [ couple of obvious exceptions, Callum especially ]. But Eddie also needs to get a fresh view on tactics. Asking Solanke to play left midfield when he has Fraser and Stan on the bench for example. Only two in centre midfield for an away game. Subs didn't make much sense again. These kind of things make you ponder if a new voice might kick some fresh impetus into the side.
Eddie played every formation known to man tonight 433...352 ...343...4411 you name it we played it .... doesn't make a blind bit of difference if we have players who are unable to do even the most basic things things like controling a ball or making a 5 yard pass.

Eddie played every formation known to man tonight 433...352 ...343...4411 you name it we played it .... doesn't make a blind bit of difference if we have players who are unable to do even the most basic things things like controling a ball or making a 5 yard pass.
I will always defer to you guys, Top, when it comes to tactics. But, what I saw was a bunch of guys running all over the place without a clue of where they should be.

One of the most telling moments for me was around the 56th minute, Stan has the ball on the WH side of midfield, no one marking him. He finds no one in position to pass to, finally passes back and throws his arms out to the side as if to say "wtf am I supposed to do with that".

I have seen teams quit on themselves before ... and this looks, sadly, just like that.

But why have we changed from three in midfield that got us a win at Chelsea,a narrow defeat by Burnley and a point v Arsenal?
Surely you find a formula that works,and stick to it.
It just seems he is throwing different players and formations in each game hoping it sticks.
I know we have many injuries before anyone starts,but we do still just about have a player or two for every position,even if some are playing out of position.

I don't think its fair to push the blame towards Tindall. For all we know Tindall may be trying to bring new ideas in. No they stand or fall together IMO.
I think it will come down to Max and Max alone. Is he prepared to keep going with EH even if it means his investment is decimated by relegation. Or will he take a gamble on someone else.
What little we know of Max suggests a tolerant approach but I would not bet against that changing.
Agree re tindall,how come he is the fall guy.he has been beside eddie in all the good things we have done.now at the first sign of trouble people want to get rid of him.dont understand.

Not a great start to the year ...

But it's a game .. & currently we are not so good at it. We came from league 2 - hopefully we won't be going back there but for to get some humour back ..

And for any fans that need cheering up & reminding that we CAN play ... I'm not being flippant, go on cheer yourselves up !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi-nvhkp6S0

We can get out of it, but Burnley, Brighton & West Ham did not need to go too deep to get a result ...

I'd get Pulis in to advise Eddie - our local get of jail man; needed as basically the last few games have seemed so predictable & ABCB have seemed to be there for the taking (forget the injuries) - this surely can't go on,

Eddie & the depleted team needs some support - we need to work out the best way to reorganize to grub points when we are most definitely not at our best. At the moment we seem to be trying the same old patterns of players, but the team not really looking able to bring it off.

UTCIAD

But why have we changed from three in midfield that got us a win at Chelsea,a narrow defeat by Burnley and a point v Arsenal?
Surely you find a formula that works,and stick to it.
It just seems he is throwing different players and formations in each game hoping it sticks.
I know we have many injuries before anyone starts,but we do still just about have a player or two for every position,even if some are playing out of position.
I don't understand what you mean tbh....we had Goso... Lerma and Lewis Cook in the MF for the majority of the match.

;