Bemoaning Bournemouth’s balance

Rico aimlessly punts far too many balls forward. I'd be surprised if he doesn't have dreadful stats on giving the ball away.
Do you remember that YouTube video when we signed him ? All of those sublime crosses, long range passes and shots with that wand of a left foot ? What on earth happened to that ? Let's be honest, in all of his time here he has still to stamp his authority on a starting spot. That has to go down as a disappointment for both him and us, surely ? I'm convinced that he is better than he has shown for us so far, but what's the key to getting it out of him ? I wish I knew. He has the aura of a haunted figure when I've seen him on the TV. Is he so devoid of confidence ?

Do you remember that YouTube video when we signed him ? All of those sublime crosses, long range passes and shots with that wand of a left foot ? What on earth happened to that ? Let's be honest, in all of his time here he has still to stamp his authority on a starting spot. That has to go down as a disappointment for both him and us, surely ? I'm convinced that he is better than he has shown for us so far, but what's the key to getting it out of him ? I wish I knew.

We saw a similar Rantie video. My view is that the guy is an old fashioned solid left back and Eddie tried to mould him into something he isn't and will never be. Anything over the half way line for him is a lottery.

Getting a 7 on here while the OP has a dig at the other match report is quite amusing though.

We saw a similar Rantie video. My view is that the guy is an old fashioned solid left back and Eddie tried to mould him into something he isn't and will never be. Anything over the half way line for him is a lottery.

Getting a 7 on here while the OP has a dig at the other match report is quite amusing though.
Why is it amusing? Football is a game of opinions, if we all had the same one it would be very boring! I thought Rico was alright today, nothing spectacular for sure but certainly not poor. Others will not share that opinion and that is okay, that’s what makes this game so great! (Not the game we watched today, that definitely wasn’t great lol)

I thought Rico had turned a corner last season in PL when he's was handling the PL fairly well and getting assists when Daniels/Kelly were out but he''s not gone back to a meek waste of Spanish space who can't pass or cross or defend in a division lower

And I’m not sure how you concluded that I had a dig at the other report. I thought it was a very good report, as I said in my post on there. Just that I didn’t agree with some of the player ratings.

And I’m not sure how you concluded that I had a dig at the other report. I thought it was a very good report, as I said in my post on there. Just that I didn’t agree with some of the player ratings.

I based it on you saying his remarks were either too harsh or too generous.. that was slightly disingenuous bearing in mind you had posted an earlier match report out of the blue with your own marks in the same format.

7 for Rico is nuts btw.

I based it on you saying his remarks were either too harsh or too generous.. that was slightly disingenuous bearing in mind you had posted an earlier match report out of the blue with your own marks in the same format.

7 for Rico is nuts btw.
I’m sorry I don’t understand? I said I don’t agree with his player ratings. Am I not allowed to post my own?

I’m sorry I don’t understand? I said I don’t agree with his player ratings. Am I not allowed to post my own?

You crack on kid. I just couldn't understand lumping on Kirsikas thread and having a subtle dig whilst you'd simultaneously posted an almost identical thread. Perhaps I read it wrong, probably did. No more than that, enough room for everyone to say their bit and it'll all balance out in the end.

Smith and Rico are ratings obserd imo. You lumped into Long on the match thread without even considering how terrible their crosses were all day and still aren't. The 3 of them can have 5's at best as none of them did anything particually well, but imo Smith and Rico were worse than Long as they at least were given chances to do something and completely failed to do so. Smith hit the keeper or empty space (where Danjuma probably should be past the goal) with almost all of his crosses, for you to blame Long is bemusing to me.

Other than those 3, agree.

Love him or loath him, Billing had a good game against Burnley, occupying the No. 10 role. Surridge put in a shift too. What happened to rewarding players for their performances ? Surely these two should have been the first names on the teamsheet ? But have been the missing link with regards to breaking down Forests rigid defence. To.leave them out, and not try to sustain the momentum, was IMO a very very poor Managerial decision

Love him or loath him, Billing had a good game against Burnley, occupying the No. 10 role. Surridge put in a shift too. What happened to rewarding players for their performances ? Surely these two should have been the first names on the teamsheet ? But have been the missing link with regards to breaking down Forests rigid defence. To.leave them out, and not try to sustain the momentum, was IMO a very very poor Managerial decision

I’m not sure it’s as simple as dropping and picking players like that...

In playing Surridge and Billing against Burnley, Woodgate rested Wilshere and Long, who by all accounts had very good games against Birmingham... So was it fair to drop those two for the next league game when they were rested and not dropped...??

In hindsight, Surridge and Billing made the difference after being introduced at Forest, but I understand the decision to keep with Wilshere and Long... This board was very much in support of keeping Wilshere in the side, despite Billing’s best game for us in a while.

As for Surridge, it has been repeatedly highlighted that several managers have now not had enough faith in Surridge to keep starting him... There has to be something in that...???

Have to agree....I thought Rico was decent tbf....he was never going venture forward to much today anyway due to the threat of knockaert..in fact with the help of Lerma and Pearson i think the entire back 4 were as assured as i've seen them for some time....i mean when you think of how many chances even the most ordinary teams have created against us before the Burnley game i don't know how anyone can question that midfield partnership .......really with the creative players we have that solid base really should be all we need...........the problem today was how those creative players were set up......i don't think we can play 433 with Danjuma and Stan ......unless Danjuma plays upfront or Stan drops into the midfield 3......you can't play either of them on the right just to get them both on the pitch.....Shane Long and Wilshere were just poor ....neither of them should start on Wednesday .....in fact if Long does start then we must have made some really stupid promises to get him to sign.

Thing is we could have all debated who started today. The team pretty good on paper.
I think ccv and Kelly could become a very good partnership.
Lerma and Pearson protect everything. In fact a positive is that rather than begovic having to pull off worldlys , we didn’t let them create many chances

I can see the logic with bringing in danjuma, wilshire and long after being rested in midweek .

The attacking part did not click

Rico aimlessly punts far too many balls forward. I'd be surprised if he doesn't have dreadful stats on giving the ball away.

52.5% passing accuracy compared to Smith on the other flank with 78.7%.

But seems to score really high on whoscored due to his interceptions and clearances.

The word that sums it up for me as a performance is ponderous. Could swap it for predictable at a stretch. Our desperation to retain possession neuters attacking with pace. If we accept that more incisive passing comes with degree of risk, we still have the players to break up any counter attacks with Pearson and Lerma. Kelly just has to accept that a less safe option is what is required. I've lost count of how many times a positive run lands up with a capitulation of the yards gained.

The word that sums it up for me as a performance is ponderous. Could swap it for predictable at a stretch. Our desperation to retain possession neuters attacking with pace. If we accept that more incisive passing comes with degree of risk, we still have the players to break up any counter attacks with Pearson and Lerma. Kelly just has to accept that a less safe option is what is required. I've lost count of how many times a positive run lands up with a capitulation of the yards gained.
Kelly did play one excellent long range crops field to Smith which was right onto Adam's foot on the touchline. Which makes his passing backwards more frustrating as he definitely has it in his locker!
CCV was solid as a rock.

;