Big Loss For Norwich City - Transfers

billythekid

UTC Legend
SSN

VILLA SEAL BUENDIA MOVE

Aston Villa have confirmed the signing of midfielder Emiliano Buendia from Norwich for a club record transfer fee.

Buendia was the Canaries’ player of the season as they won the Sky Bet Championship title and sealed an immediate return to the Premier League, scoring 15 goals and registering 16 assists – more than any other player in the division.

Villa revealed Buendia had signed a five-year deal, reported to be in the region of £30million plus add-ons, after completing his medical and finalising personal terms following Argentina’s World Cup qualifying match with Colombia.

So this was discussed on NSC:
Farehamseagull said:
If I was a fan of theirs, selling comfortably their best player in Buendia to mid table toss like Villa who they should be looking to take points off would piss me off massively.

Clearly happy to take the PL cash for a year again and subsequent parachute payments as they appear to already have accepted relegation. Waste of a PL place.
Mid-table toss! Do they ever look where Brighton finish? :ROFLMAO:

relegation again. Life is very predictable for Norwich fans.
Wonder if thats a replacement for Grealish ?
Harry, I had a good chat with Norwich fans on the train last season and they genuinely accept their lot. They claim they are debt free and transfers like this, keep them that way. Yo yo team they may be but at least they'll always have a team to support.

relegation again. Life is very predictable for Norwich fans.
Wonder if thats a replacement for Grealish ?

Think Villa are ambitious and want to strengthen rather than sell.

Sporting director Stuart Webber says Norwich City were 'left with little option' but to sell Emi Buendia after the Argentine ace made it clear he wanted to join Aston Villa - but has focused on the positives.

https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/spo...plains-buendia-sale-villa-move-sealed-8038212

Harry, I had a good chat with Norwich fans on the train last season and they genuinely accept their lot. They claim they are debt free and transfers like this, keep them that way. Yo yo team they may be but at least they'll always have a team to support.
Don't have a problem with that at all (well apart from the John Bond days !!). At least 1 year in 2 is great. It would annoy me though if I thought there was no real ambition to get established as a PL club - they have the ground and they have a good support base. Will be interesting to see if they spend any cash this season.

I would be pretty cheesed off if we'd won the league and then immediately sold Danjuma to Villa. Mind you they probably have a plan, one that their supporters just trust in.

what are the odds on all three promoted teams being relegated and vice versa?

i'd be surprised if either norwich, watford and brentford manage greater than a minus 25 goal difference
going to be a long season for them

;