Big Sam

He certainly backs himself:

"In his first press conference as Leeds boss, Allardyce said:
"I might be 68 and look old and antiquated but there's nobody ahead of me in football terms. Not Pep, not Klopp, not Arteta. It's all there with me""
Just saw this on the Beeb. That'll be why he's won more than all of those combined at roughly the combined age of the aforementioned trio.

England messed up badly getting rid of Sam....the guy was a magnificent manager of Bolton Wanderers.
At other clubs only the lack of cash for signings held him back .
And....the sort of manager that if players did what they are f√cking told..the sky's the limit! End of.

England messed up badly getting rid of Sam....the guy was a magnificent manager of Bolton Wanderers.
At other clubs only the lack of cash for signings held him back .
And....the sort of manager that if players did what they are f√cking told..the sky's the limit! End of.
Don't agree. We've had 2 world cup semi finals and a European Championship final in the last 3 tournaments. In the previous 23 tournaments we got to zero finals and 2 semi finals. Coupled with that the mood in the England camp is transformed from one where players admitted to not really enjoying playing for England to one where there is a strong team spirit and players actually playing to their full potential compared to years of players failing to replicate club form for England.

Southgate has fallen short at the final hurdle a couple of times, but what he's done with the national side is phenomenal. Maybe big Sam would've done the same, who knows, but hard to argue against the progress in the last 10 years.

Allardyce was also sacked for basically admitting to being corrupt and offering to help undercover reporters get around FA rules. The FA had no choice but to fire him.

Don't agree. We've had 2 world cup semi finals and a European Championship final in the last 3 tournaments. In the previous 23 tournaments we got to zero finals and 2 semi finals. Coupled with that the mood in the England camp is transformed from one where players admitted to not really enjoying playing for England to one where there is a strong team spirit and players actually playing to their full potential compared to years of players failing to replicate club form for England.

Southgate has fallen short at the final hurdle a couple of times, but what he's done with the national side is phenomenal. Maybe big Sam would've done the same, who knows, but hard to argue against the progress in the last 10 years.

Allardyce was also sacked for basically admitting to being corrupt and offering to help undercover reporters get around FA rules. The FA had no choice but to fire him.

England should be winning every tournament....our birthright as the Nation that invented and popularised the game.... we have won nothing with Gareth Southgate...and played unadventurous football....it's just not good enough.

All we hear is that the PL is the World's top league....but it's counted for nothing. Load of Waffle.

Allerdyce being corrupt was ' for the Nation'....so that should have been overlooked by the FA.
Had it been the Argentine FA or Italy it would have been.

England should be winning every tournament....our birthright as the Nation that invented and popularised the game.... we have won nothing with Gareth Southgate...and played unadventurous football....it's just not good enough.

All we hear is that the PL is the World's top league....but it's counted for nothing. Load of Waffle.

Allerdyce being corrupt was ' for the Nation'....so that should have been overlooked by the FA.
Had it been the Argentine FA or Italy it would have been.

no mention of ports OR docks, disappointing!

Big Sam seems to be giving it large in his first press conference. I can't make my mind up about him. Part of me would like to see him be successful and stick it up some of the more fashionable managers, whilst another part of me would like to see him get his árse handed to him on a plate when he realsises that the game has moved on since his last job.

Big Sam seems to be giving it large in his first press conference. I can't make my mind up about him. Part of me would like to see him be successful and stick it up some of the more fashionable managers, whilst another part of me would like to see him get his árse handed to him on a plate when he realsises that the game has moved on since his last job.

I'm going to try and look at it as win/win. I really don't like the sneering attitude towards English managers that you get in football.

I'm going to try and look at it as win/win. I really don't like the sneering attitude towards English managers that you get in football.
On that point has there been a time with more English managers in the Premier league, albeit some interims.
Eddie at Newcastle
Mason at spurs
Frank at Chelsea
Roy at Palace
Sam at Leeds
Gary at us
Smith at Leicester

On that point has there been a time with more English managers in the Premier league, albeit some interims.
Eddie at Newcastle
Mason at spurs
Frank at Chelsea
Roy at Palace
Sam at Leeds
Gary at us
Smith at Leicester

Never thought of that but it must be the highest number in years.

Eddie at Newcastle
Mason at spurs
Frank at Chelsea
Roy at Palace
Sam at Leeds
Gary at us
Smith at Leicester

Probably the majority of them will be replaced in the Summer.

That anus (it doesn't allow me to say a**e)you speak of will be accompanied on the plate by £500,000 so i don't suppose he'll be too upset.

;