Bill Foley winning mentality

dragonm8

UTC Legend
With a hard set of initial fixtures (Bills words) it appears he has written off our fixtures before the International break, and signed injured players on the cheap.

Does signing injured players who will be ready after the International break show a sign of genius, or desperation?

There is never any guarantee injuries come right, but looking at Jackson of Chelsea, he may well have been an upgrade on what we currently have.

We are signing players on 4 or 5 year contracts. I'd far rather we get the right player if it means a few games missed than the wrong player just because they are fit. It's the kind of long term transfer strategy we've been crying out for for years. The reality is that it's a harder run of fixtures opening up and statistically we are less likely to get points from them, but I don't for one second think anyone at the club has just written them off.

I don't think it's desperation, it's choosing the right players for a long term strategy. Looking at most of our rivals I'm not sure any in the bottom half have had a much better window than us (on paper) so I'm pretty pleased with Bill and Co this summer.

Also, "on the cheap" after we've spent over 100m in the window including 20m+ signings is a bit of a stretch.

Can we please stop with all these Jackson hysterics now, are we going to have to listen to this every time Chelsea play a game this season? We didn’t sign him, whether you agree with the reasons or not, he’s not our player. Get over it. He’s scored against one of the worst teams this league has ever seen and some can’t wait to go into full on hyperbole mode.

And we signed these players because they were the players we deemed to be the best available, whether you agree with that or not. They clearly deemed that it was better to sign our preferred targets and wait for them to get fit rather than sign players they deem to be inferior who can play straight away.

Over paid then.

Nobody was signed on the cheap.

Traore 20 million
Semenyo 10 million
Scott 25 million
Adams 20 million
Outtara 15 million

What was Jackson available for, given he looks like a proper striker?

Maybe we have signed players in the hope they come good.

Just like Fredericks

Over paid then.

Nobody was signed on the cheap.

Traore 20 million
Semenyo 10 million
Scott 25 million
Adams 20 million
Outtara 15 million

What was Jackson available for, given he looks like a proper striker?

Maybe we have signed players in the hope they come good.

Just like Fredericks
Which is it on the cheap or overpaid, make your mind up

Can we please stop with all these Jackson hysterics now, are we going to have to listen to this every time Chelsea play a game this season? We didn’t sign him, whether you agree with the reasons or not, he’s not our player. Get over it. He’s scored against one of the worst teams this league has ever seen and some can’t wait to go into full on hyperbole mode.

And we signed these players because they were the players we deemed to be the best available, whether you agree with that or not. They clearly deemed that it was better to sign our preferred targets and wait for them to get fit rather than sign players they deem to be inferior who can play straight away.

2 games ago he couldn't hit a barn door......

Now, all of a sudden we should forget him.....despite signing 3 injured players since.

I'd rather have an injured Jackson over a fit Lewis Cook.

I can just hear the chanting on 17th September-,Bournemouth reject! Bournemouth reject! Then he'll score, and hundreds will flock out to drown their sorrows, missing Solanke's deft equaliser followed by Semenyo's thunderous last minute winner

Which is it on the cheap or overpaid, make your mind up

You've overpaid for any injured player who signs until they've proved their fitness.

Once injured, future fitness isn't guaranteed.

So it's clearly a Vegas type gamble.

You will argue the point, but signing injured talent has no guarantee of success, it's clearly a gamble.

I remember you were hysterical about most of our previous signings.

Then you were hysterical about Nottingham Forest, and the list grows.

Please don't quote histrionics, when you are the most hysterical person on this site.

You've overpaid for any injured player who signs until they've proved their fitness.

Once injured, future fitness isn't guaranteed.

So it's clearly a Vegas type gamble.

You will argue the point, but signing injured talent has no guarantee of success, it's clearly a gamble.
So it would have been a gamble signing Jackson according to your logic. Adams is training on grass already, due back after the international break.
Their injuries are not career threatening!

2 games ago he couldn't hit a barn door......

Now, all of a sudden we should forget him.....despite signing 3 injured players since.

I'd rather have an injured Jackson over a fit Lewis Cook.
What does a central midfielder we signed seven years ago have to do with a striker we chose not to sign in January? Try to sober up a bit before you start to post.

I remember you were hysterical about most of our previous signings.

Then you were hysterical about Nottingham Forest, and the list grows.

Please don't quote histrionics, when you are the most hysterical person on this site.
I’m talking about your reaction to this current topic, which you started.

most players have an injury during their career. We were interested in Scott before he got injured and rightly or wrongly is being touted as one for the future. Should we just walk away because he took a knock?

Every signing is a gamble. I’m still looking forward to seeing if these can deliver on their hype.

I’m talking about your reaction to this current topic, which you started.
So you weren't hysterical about Nottingham Forest, you didn't show your bet that everyone laughed at a couple of seasons ago?

With 3 games to go when you were offered 2000 pounds as a cash out, and you still were adamant that you would win.......

Oh Waz, you're the gift that keeps on giving.

Probably why Ladbrokes signed you up in the first place

What does a central midfielder we signed seven years ago have to do with a striker we chose not to sign in January? Try to sober up a bit before you start to post.
Probably because the central midfielder who we signed 7 years ago hasn't progressed, more regressed.

Apparently, according to many he was a future England captain.

Not sure in which sport, but maybe he should try chess or cycling

Probably because the central midfielder who we signed 7 years ago hasn't progressed, more regressed.

Apparently, according to many he was a future England captain.

Not sure in which sport, but maybe he should try chess or cycling
Yeah because every player fills their potential. I'd rather read R&R's posts than the drivel you come out with.

;