Bill Foley

I’d much rather stay with Denim for the stability, the proven credentials etc. However, everything in this takeover points towards significant investment in the infrastructure, it’s the only way to significantly improve the value of the club, and Bill Foley has already done it once with his hockey team.

I suspect that probably means a serious project to either build a new stadium or expand the current one, plus the new training ground. If we have state of the art training facilities, a new 20-30k seater stadium and we’re in the Prem, then we are worth significantly more than £150m. And that’s before you factor in the likely inflation to the Prem TV deal in the next 10 years as the sport continues to explode in popularity in the US.

We’ve been banging on for years about the lack of investment in the infrastructure, this could very well be the catalyst to change that.

As with any new owners you’ve got to have a degree of suspicion and reservation, but at the same time you’ve got to be quietly optimistic that this could be the deal to take us to the next level.

Didn't some Serbian guy just pay £100m for 80% of Southampton?

The Las Vegas businessman at the centre of a £150million takeover attempt at Bournemouth first revealed by Sportsmail is NHL franchise owner Bill Foley.

We exclusively reported on Thursday afternoon that the Premier League club were in talks with a US-based consortium being led by a businessman with a background in ice hockey and was based out of Las Vegas.

And that individual is understood to be Foley, owner of NHL team the Las Vegas Golden Knights.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...urnemouth-NHL-franchise-owner-Bill-Foley.html

Perversely that’s why I’m less worried. I work for an American VC owned company, same one that own Aston Villa. The one thing we learned when they bought us is they knew more about us than we did. They had ran every profit position scenario known to man and had 24year old data analysts in Texas that knew far more about my performance than I did (not hard before anyone says it!).

They are not buying Everton where you’d think you would be safe on an income stream projection and it might collapse to everyone’s surprise. Any profit scenario likely outcome ran on us will flag to at least one year in the championship with parachute payments. It would be a surprise if we did stay up. So any bid for us would come in the full knowledge of likely relegation. They will be fully switched on to this.

The best venture capitalists take something small or old on an average multiple of income, make it bigger or better and sell it on a higher multiple of income. That’s their model. I would imagine anyone wanting us would want to get a stadium built or there is no point. A venture capitalist company will know this every bit as much as us…. With more data.

It's a good point, they definitely won't be mugs and will do all they can to prevent a drop down back to League 1 or 2 because that would be a disaster for their investment. So in many ways the worst case scenario isn't too bad, or is at least no worse than the status quo. The best case scenario of Max carrying on is more of the same and as grateful as I'm sure we all are for that I think we'd all take the risk of change if it included a chance of a new ground.

Note to the 25yo Texan data analyst reading this: if your boss wants to win the fans over and keep them onside... Invest in a new stadium. Most would be very forgiving in relation to other problems if you did that. (not an out-of-town souless bowl though please).

Investment from the USA does worry me. Just look how popular the Glazers or Kroenke are at their respective PL clubs :oops:
It’s a lottery. Good and bad. Like I said earlier, they will have done their diligence and know what they are buying. It doesn’t mean they will be decent people though we will have to wait and see on that front. If Max is off though we are always going to face this scenario as there have been good and bad Asian owners and good and bad Middle Eastern owners.

The only thing that gives me some hope is at least with us people know what they are buying.

It's a good point, they definitely won't be mugs and will do all they can to prevent a drop down back to League 1 or 2 because that would be a disaster for their investment. So in many ways the worst case scenario isn't too bad, or is at least no worse than the status quo. The best case scenario of Max carrying on is more of the same and as grateful as I'm sure we all are for that I think we'd all take the risk of change if it included a chance of a new ground.

Note to the 25yo Texan data analyst reading this: if your boss wants to win the fans over and keep them onside... Invest in a new stadium. Most would be very forgiving in relation to other problems if you did that. (not an out-of-town souless bowl though please).
If he can also sort out a ground big enough for season ticket holders to have their seat in cup games…

It’s a lottery. Good and bad. Like I said earlier, they will have done their diligence and know what they are buying. It doesn’t mean they will be decent people though we will have to wait and see on that front. If Max is off though we are always going to face this scenario as there have been good and bad Asian owners and good and bad Middle Eastern owners.

The only thing that gives me some hope is at least with us people know what they are buying.

I don't think I'd stop laughing for hours if they kept Blake on.

It wouldn’t need to be a much bigger ground for the season ticket holders who want to go to the cup game. The Luton game I went to around 3 seasons ago I didn’t see anyone I recognised around me.

Rod Stewart residency at the Vitality. Or maybe in our case..................

Olly Murrs!!!
‘Ladies and gentleman we interrupt this performance of Coldplay to bring you tonight star billing AFC Golden Knights Bournemouth vs Wigan Athletic’.

A little premonition of next September…

More about him here.

MEET THE MAN DRIVEN BY THREE OF LIFE'S BIGGEST PASSIONS

In addition to being a passionate, adventurous vintner, Bill Foley is the Chairman, CEO and Governor of the National Hockey League’s 31st franchise, the Vegas Golden Knights. He helped usher not only hockey but major professional sports to the Las Vegas Valley in 2016.

It is rare in today’s business world when a sports team – and the team’s owner – can be considered innovators and true pioneers, venturing into the unknown and uncertainty of previously unchartered territory in the industry. These opportunities and circumstances simply do not exist as much now as they have in the past.

However, thanks to the vision of Foley, the Vegas Golden Knights accomplished an ambitious undertaking in 2017 that had never been done or attempted before – building and launching a major professional sports team from scratch in the city of Las Vegas.

The hockey operations staff scouted players for nearly a year before Foley and General Manager George McPhee announced their selections on June 21, 2017 in front of more than 10,000 fans during the NHL Expansion Draft at T-Mobile Arena. The team took the ice for the first time in Dallas on October 6, 2017 and by midseason was already the most successful expansion team in NHL history, breaking numerous records.

From a business perspective, the team was just as successful off the ice, securing over 14,000 season ticket members. The staff held numerous initiatives throughout the valley to introduce fans to hockey and give locals an opportunity to meet the players, who have been active in the community visiting hospitals, firefighters, police stations, military personnel and first responders.

https://www.foleyfoodandwinesociety.com/About-Us/About-Bill-Foley

Like scrapping relegation...

The ice hockey connection is an interesting one. Awhile ago when musing about what our existing stadium could be used for after a new one had been built, I had a look at converting DC into an ice hockey stadium and concluded that it would be perfectly feasible to do so. The stadium is big enough to support an indoor arena and an adjacent open air recreational rink. All the catering facilites etc are already in place. Replacing one sport with another would be ideal in terms of the Planning legislation applicable, avoiding what could be a major obstacle in obtaining approval for an alternative use.
Ever since the Westover Rink closed there have been intermittent calls for a new rink to be built, including a proposal for one in Kings Park a few years ago,
In the old Westover days Bournemouth used to have an ice hockey league team, and with the right management I'm sure that a well supported team could be operated from here again. Maybe the prospective new owner has spotted just such an opportunity.

;