Bill Foley

It’s not their second go. At every point they changed a manager they could have appointed the right person. Amateur. They even gave JT a transfer window then fired him before he could play the signings he thought he needed.

As for Iraola, I’ve suggested he come for two years. Who knows if it works out as it’s an undoubted gamble but I’m hardly going to be blaming Blake and Hughes for having a punt on someone I’ve been campaigning for am I!? Happy to give 200 quid to a charity of your choice if I have a go at them for this appointment at any time in the future.

It's their second go under Foley, the only owner who has a long-term commitment to the club. Prior to that it was Demin who, it appears, wanted out as soon as we were relegated. How can the board implement a long-term strategy under an owner who wants out?

JT lost the dressing room so they sacked him. The right decision. They then got a guy with a track record of promotion and he achieved just that. The only bad managerial appointment they have made was JT and even that had mitigating circumstances.

Hopefully he is a massive success. If he isn't then what you are going to do Neil is blame B&H for not supporting him properly. As I said, I am 100% confident in this prediction.

It was pretty clear that Tindall was a mere head coach and had little input into transfer activity.

This appears to be how Demin wanted it to be run. Makes you wonder whether he thought that was what was required if he was to attract a decent buyer.

Reactions: DJ
Hopefully he is a massive success. If he isn't then what you are going to do Neil is blame B&H for not supporting him properly. As I said, I am 100% confident in this prediction.
Ah. That’s not what you said originally which was below. Not surprised you’ve twisted your view as you can’t lie straight in bed but surprised you managed to do it in the space of an hour
Let's not kid ourselves about Iraola. The first time we conceded direct from a corner he's going to be Blake and Hughes' guy all of a sudden and if he fails it will be 100% their failure.

There's no inconsistency there. If he fails you will blame them as sure as night follows day.
Blame them if they don’t land a CDM to replace Lerma and bring in 18 wingers instead yes. But won’t blame them for appointing him (if we concede a corner or whatever your hypobolic flight of fantasy into my brain was)

Blame them if they don’t land a CDM to replace Lerma and bring in 18 wingers instead yes. But won’t blame them for appointing him (if we concede a corner or whatever your hypobolic flight of fantasy into my brain was)

We'll see. We know they won't get any credit though, despite doing exactly what you said they should.

What is a successful manager?
Success at all costs or providing entertainment?
It's a balance. We've been spoiled for many years as we've seen both with Eddie. (Not always).

The focus is on financial success now. Entertainment will come second. Staying on the PL is the priority. There are a handful of established teams, 7 I reckon.

The rest are there to make up the numbers. What's the longest any team has stayed in the PL outside of those 7? Good question. I'll check.

6 have played in all 32 seasons and after that it's
Newcastle 29
Villa 29
West Ham 28
Man City 27
Southampton 24
Blackburn with 18

Then it's everyone else. It's an interesting list.

To reach 10 consecutive years would be a huge achievement.
Good site. Had to drag myself away!

The SDD and Dawson magical merry argument site.
I get really f****d off whenever ND offers any sort of comment/Opinion, up jumps SDD to shoot him down. Now I’m not in love with Neil but I’ll read his comments with interest and although sometimes I may not necessarily agree with him, I’ll tolerate it and move on. But SDD just cannot allow ND any leeway whatsoever, jumping in to denigrate him, seeking only to prove him wrong. And so off we all go again, and the ND haters pile in, pleased that SDD has kicked off!
Now I know people have opinions and ND certainly has his and will seize on some things that SDD offers and tbf SDD does has some reasonable points, but there seems to be a cabal of ND detractors jumping on the SDD “Love Train”, it’s farcical, just give it a break and let the vast majority on here have a yawn-free debate on the board. You two don’t own this Forum, just try holding your tongue’s once in a while. Please.

I get really f****d off whenever ND offers any sort of comment/Opinion, up jumps SDD to shoot him down. Now I’m not in love with Neil but I’ll read his comments with interest and although sometimes I may not necessarily agree with him, I’ll tolerate it and move on. But SDD just cannot allow ND any leeway whatsoever, jumping in to denigrate him, seeking only to prove him wrong. And so off we all go again, and the ND haters pile in, pleased that SDD has kicked off!
Now I know people have opinions and ND certainly has his and will seize on some things that SDD offers and tbf SDD does has some reasonable points, but there seems to be a cabal of ND detractors jumping on the SDD “Love Train”, it’s farcical, just give it a break and let the vast majority on here have a yawn-free debate on the board. You two don’t own this Forum, just try holding your tongue’s once in a while. Please.

Fair enough, I obviously am fair game for this criticism.

What I would say is that I am an AFCB supporter and it pisses me off when people criticise everything about the club for the sake of it. We can expect people who support other clubs to pick on all things AFCB and slate it but our own supporters? I think Neil deserves everything he gets although I do accept that it's not particularly interesting for everyone so will try harder not to react.

Well said that man/woman.....would think the vast majority would agree with this.

Geez, took a week or so away, sticking only to NEJ, Good News and Wildlife.

Brief return, plus ca change .......... Here's a little something for our perpetual combatants.

Fair enough, I obviously am fair game for this criticism.

What I would say is that I am an AFCB supporter and it pisses me off when people criticise everything about the club for the sake of it. We can expect people who support other clubs to pick on all things AFCB and slate it but our own supporters? I think Neil deserves everything he gets although I do accept that it's not particularly interesting for everyone so will try harder not to react.

Ignore them, carry on mate:D

Well said. The frustrating thing for me is you will rarely see me comment on an original post from Del if at all. I respect and enjoy different views to my own. I believe they can be left unanswered for people to make their own minds up. I think most people are like this.

Del has had a borderline unhealthy interest in me for years. He has even stated it’s his mission to hold me to account. Like I’m some elected official you all pay tax too. So no post passes without his critique and then the other four fanboys like it and jump straight on. You can set your watch by it.

The problem I have is if the reply back is misrepresenting or in Dels case a complete invention of what you are going to say in the future or what you are supposedly really thinking you have to then reply back to it. This sets off a chain that bores me so god knows what it does to the rest of you, but you have to stand your corner in public when misrepresented.

It got so tiresome before I nipped off for awhile. That or posting less are my only alternatives really. I will go down the latter route this time as I like being on here and im fully aware it’s only five people. Apologies if it bores the rest of you it’s not my intention.

;