Birmingham's CEO.....

We are very fortunate to have Kris Temple commentating on us
Agree, can make a dull game interesting and treads the line between rose-tinted and outright biased well.

I've always been surprised he's not made a step up to national radio. I wonder if it's a personal choice or if there's an ingredient he lacks to be considered for 5 Live etc.

Agree, can make a dull game interesting and treads the line between rose-tinted and outright biased well.

I've always been surprised he's not made a step up to national radio. I wonder if it's a personal choice or if there's an ingredient he lacks to be considered for 5 Live etc.
Yes, I'm astonished he hasn't been given the opportunity to progress his career, not that we should complain of course.

Kris as a freelancer does a lot of announcer jobs at Wembley and for Athletics. I am not sure he would have that freedom if on 5live. Long may the Gillingham supporter commentate on AFCB.

Yes, I'm astonished he hasn't been given the opportunity to progress his career, not that we should complain of course.
Funny this has been mentioned since I say it every game!

He seems to be extremely knowledgeable about all the teams in the league, and likewise sport in general.

Not surprised that he gets a lot of freelancing jobs at Wembley and major athletics events since it’s brilliant and always very articulate I find. Willo on the other hand...

The mark of a great commentator is that they can make errors and breeze through them without making it awkward for the listener.

A good example is when he spent five minutes saying that Rooney had been booked at the start of the Derby game until Wilo corrected him. That's a bad mistake but he just laughs it off and has great banter with Wilo about it. Turning what could have been poor commentary into an entertaining part of the broadcast.

Followed our club through all the leagues with Willo at his side for a number of years well above a double figure.

They are a ‘double act’ that really seem to enjoy working together.

Probably he has seen more AFCB games than the Gills in recent years.

Last edited:

;