Blake and co

Yeah but we were better than them until calamity struck, which would be harsh to pin on him.

I am balanced on woody tbf, liked him personally. Was expousing the other argument.

The sad thing is that cookie was immense in the first leg vs Brentford, if he hadn’t been injured then maybe we would have held out in the second leg.

Last edited:
Still maybe this time the penny will drop for Max. Maybe it will drop for the small North Korean collective on here. Like I used to say with Tindall some things need to play out before the ultra biased get it.

Oh Neil... I have huge respect for your opinions on here and on BOTN but please can you stop painting it all in this tabloidesque black and white, right and wrong nonsense. Being painted as a "North Korean collective" or you waiting for the "ultra biased" to get some universal truth that you have 100% certainty on, or indeed Max to get it is incredibly tedious - and could almost portray you as downright bloody arrogant and a raving narcissist.

As has been illustrated today the vast majority of folk on here have a pretty good grasp of things and actually understand that these issues are nuanced, complex, involved and mostly take place away from our eyes and ears.

It would be massively appreciated if you could step away from this Sun headline binary tosh and recognise that most people on here seem to think that Parker's departure is a positive step and are pleased that the club's hierarchy have made it but at the same time can hold the view that that same hierarchy can make questionable decisions as well as wise and well received ones.

I am balanced on woody tbf, liked him personally. Was exposing the voucher argument.

The sad thing is that cookie was immense in the first leg vs Brentford, if he hadn’t been injured then maybe we would have held out in the second leg.

I try to be balanced on their decisions as a whole, not always easy when you discuss with Neil who is so completely one-sided it's unbelievable.

Giving Tindall the job seemed risky, but it was in the context of a very short turnaround that season so partially understandable. Started well but ultimately not good enough but they did well to make a quick decision in getting rid and appointmenting Woodgate, which very nearly worked.

Getting Parker obviously did work and time will tell if sacking him so early is the right call. It will be tricky to guage though as whatever happened we were odds on for relegation unless we were going to spend Forest money.

Oh Neil... I have huge respect for your opinions on here and on BOTN but please can you stop painting it all in this tabloidesque black and white, right and wrong nonsense. Being painted as a "North Korean collective" or you waiting for the "ultra biased" to get some universal truth that you have 100% certainty on, or indeed Max to get it is incredibly tedious - and could almost portray you as downright bloody arrogant and a raving narcissist.

As has been illustrated today the vast majority of folk on here have a pretty good grasp of things and actually understand that these issues are nuanced, complex, involved and mostly take place away from our eyes and ears.

It would be massively appreciated if you could step away from this Sun headline binary tosh and recognise that most people on here seem to think that Parker's departure is a positive step and are pleased that the club's hierarchy have made it but at the same time can hold the view that that same hierarchy can make questionable decisions as well as wise and well received ones.

Bit sensitive .

:clap: top post.

Don't think those running the club can be at fault for Parker's comments if that's our direction.

It's irrelevant if it's near the transfer window closing or not - it's Parker that is forcing the issue here, and if he wasn't going to get any more money, neither will the new manager as much as he'd want. Although Mark McAdam did mention he thinks we'd be busy in his clip.

No different to sacking Parker in a few weeks/months and still not being able to sign anyone really.

The timing isn't great, but i'm not sure what else can be done by anyone in the back room in this particular situation.

I really struggle to understand the criticism of this backroom team. Not sure what else we could ask of them. They've;

- Overseen the most successful period in our clubs history (by far)
- Made signings which kept us in the PL for 5 years
- Focused on players with a value that could, and did, secure our position when relegated (Wilson, Ake, Ramsdale etc.)
- Identified and signed players that could get us back up when it was clear we needed more last Jan
- Repeatedly signed players who's value has subsequently been more than proven

Even this last year or two we could say that Moore, Christie, Pearson et al.

Of course there are occasional missteps, but compared to most we're still an eminently sensible and well run club.

It’s always meant tongue in cheek as a bit of a wind up, as is 99% of what I post on here but if it is irritating more than happy to tone it down.

I try to be balanced on their decisions as a whole, not always easy when you discuss with Neil who is so completely one-sided it's unbelievable.

Giving Tindall the job seemed risky, but it was in the context of a very short turnaround that season so partially understandable. Started well but ultimately not good enough but they did well to make a quick decision in getting rid and appointmenting Woodgate, which very nearly worked.

Getting Parker obviously did work and time will tell if sacking him so early is the right call. It will be tricky to guage though as whatever happened we were odds on for relegation unless we were going to spend Forest money.

Good summary

I really struggle to understand the criticism of this backroom team. Not sure what else we could ask of them. They've;

- Overseen the most successful period in our clubs history (by far)
- Made signings which kept us in the PL for 5 years
- Focused on players with a value that could, and did, secure our position when relegated (Wilson, Ake, Ramsdale etc.)
- Identified and signed players that could get us back up when it was clear we needed more last Jan
- Repeatedly signed players who's value has subsequently been more than proven

Even this last year or two we could say that Moore, Christie, Pearson et al.

Of course there are occasional missteps, but compared to most we're still an eminently sensible and well run club.

Yep. Could have been a much harder landing when relegated -had to make some tough choices on popular players to balance the books and decided to loosen the purse strings a bit to get over the line last season. Think some people underestimate the achievement last season.

They didn’t panic re results - clearly wanted a coach more aligned with the approach

It’s always meant tongue in cheek as a bit of a wind up, as is 99% of what I post on here but if it is irritating more than happy to tone it down.
Fwiw I don’t find you irritating nor do you need to tone things down but IAD makes a good point in that our fans are generally pretty clued up and tuned in to the realities of what’s going on.

Good summary

Meant to be a reply to SDD (edited)

Was the ‘quick decision’ for JT right to be done after he’d signed three players and not used them or would it have been better to do it when a new guy could have addressed squad issues?

Was it right to think you had Parker twice and make interim appointments when you realised you didn’t rather than move on.

Was there anything that stood out at Fulham that could have been a red flag?

Do you think there were other managers out there that might have took a squad that impressive up more suited to our style and developing youth?

I think you are being incredibly generous to the board in your view. I suppose I would though!

How come the famous £200m Parker secured didn't feature in this post? Looks like their recruitment is massively in profit from where I'm stood.
Depends whether you think that squad was good enough for a lot of managers to take up (with a better way of working in terms of getting the strat plan and more attractive football) or whether it was only Parker that could have done it. I’m in the former camp. I’m guessing you are too as to quote you even a ‘d***head’ got that squad promoted.

Since putting a few quid into a bucket at Dean court years back and Eddies arrival it's been quite a ride, almost all of it positive.

I wish we hadn't lost Eddie and judging by his lack of appearances at the Vitality I think it was a wrench for him to not be there too.

Had some cracking recruitment and some that haven't worked out so well (like all clubs).

I think Max has been a great owner, lots of his money put in and generally let the club crack on without obvious interference.

I think it's a tough gig following Eddie, the fans and I expect the board will have expectations from his two spells at the club. Sadly thus far no one has fitted in as well and given us such success.

Overall we're in the Prem with a cracking squad, I'd have loved a new stadium, but a training complex is a good start.

Fingers crossed for a decent manager.

I think it's easy to be hyper critical after all the recent success, but still hoping for more.

Spot on. As others keep pointing out it’s Max’s money so he must be happy with them… it’s mystifying. Their handling of the sackings the timings of those sackings and their ineptitude in the original appointments reflect the amateur position of their background for the jobs they do.

Those people on here who manage or lead people. Imagine telling your boss you wanted the second huge compensation payment in 18months because of your ineptitude in recruitment. The pay outs to JT and Parker will be a whole lot more than Forest are about to sign Willy Boly for….

Still maybe this time the penny will drop for Max. Maybe it will drop for the small North Korean collective on here. Like I used to say with Tindall some things need to play out before the ultra biased get it.
As opposed to the constant snipers, of which you are leader?

Woodgate should get another crack at it. .anyone else has no time to get familiar with all the players...Woodgate knows many of them.
This is an Emergency situation with no more transfers in until January.

I'm starting to think that Max is quite knee-jerk when he makes his mind up about things. None of this suggests to me that it's anyone else's decision other than his.

Whatever the truth though I think the focus will now shift to the decision makers and ultimately Max. If he's trying to run on a tight budget then people will only accept us being dross if there is genuine improvements happening off the pitch. Even then I'm not sure they can continue keeping fans constantly in the dark like they always have done. That might work when Eddie is working miracles or when we're going for promotion but he will start to lose the fanbase if he's not careful. Then everything could get very toxic very quickly.

I'm not sure I'd describe him as knee-jerk. I expect theres been some degree of tension around the board and Parker for a while with transfers, money available etc and I expect comments Parker made v Bristol City annoyed him further to some degree.... bringing into the public domain Perhaps they met and discussed things further, and insinuated not appropriate, or perhaps not, but Parker couldn;t keep his mouth shut and the weekend was the straw that broke the camels back.

I think he gave him ample enough time to change his attitude, but demonstrated he wasn't able or prepared to do so, so Max took decisive action.

;