Blake Out

Look I'm underwhelmed as most are, but no guarantees henry would have improved things. Personally I would have liked someone experienced like Pearson. But maybe he's not available

for me it was essential we had someone with experience of the division; Henry didn't despite some claiming he'd been glued to it for years
personally, I fancied Pearson too, in a managerial sense that is......

Only if you don't fancy Torquay away in a couple of years.

Great little trip that. To be fair you can take away these prima donna wasters, all the bling cars and stick me back in the away end at Exeter or similar tomorrow and I'd be happy as larry. Enjoyed the ride in the process, we can sing to the Big Bank "Premier League, you'll never be that" or whatever and be home in time for MOTD.

Wetting the bed, I'm not.

I actually love Plainmoor, one of my favourite away days. But in all seriousness, given the potential we had to build this is all very sad. We have completely blown an opportunity that we will likely never get again and I feel very disillusioned with what Is happening at our club.

Sorry, but many of us saw this coming.

For me, probably after the Charlton game.

It was inevitable, there's not a boxer alive or dead who managed to punch above his weight for very long.

Possibly one of the best days of my AFCB life was West Ham away, I still savour that game as I sort of knew we weren't entitled to too many games like that.

Oh give it a rest. Our club is a complete shambles and we are heading for a predictable fall down the leagues in potentially a worse position than when we started, and all you can do is make jokes about bed wetting? At any other club there would be mass outrage right now. Do you even care?

perhaps if you got over your opinions with less hysterical language people might take you more seriously and not accuse you of bed-wetting....?

just a thought

I've had my fair share of rows with Waz but it's pretty bloody clear that this post is about Blake and not Woodgate. Even if Woodgate is a decent candidate, and I'm certainly keen to see him do well, you can't argue that this whole process has been anything other than a complete shambles. If he's the right man he shouldn't have been umdermined by Blake for three weeks whilst trying to do the job. They very clearly wanted Henry then baulked at his wage demand then desperately handed the job to JW anyway.

It's Blake's job to not be absolutely shite at recruitment and he's clearly failed.

Last edited:
I've had my fair share of rows with Waz but it's pretty bloody clear that this post is about Blake and not Woodgate. Even if Woodgate is a decent candidate, and I'm certainly keen to see him do well, you can't argue that this whole process has been anything other than a complete shambles. If he's the right mange shouldn't have been umdermined by Blake for three weeks whilst trying to do the job. They very clearly wanted Henry then baulked at his wage demand then desperately handed the job to JW anyway.

It's Blake's job to not be absolutely shite at recruitment and he's clearly failed.

This. Woodgate was far from my first choice, he talks a good game, but surely we’ve learned by now that this means nothing.

Regardless, none of this situation is his fault, and he’s got my full backing while he’s here.

Blake, on the other hand. Everything about the ‘process’ over the last few weeks screams utter incompetence.

My memory isn’t as good as it used to be but I thought back in the early days of prem that Blake said something along the lines of we were going to build a new ground or he would step down .....anyone remember that quote or I did imagine the whole thing?

Which would mean that in all likelihood the club has no ambition or means to achieve anything beyond this season and that we are totally f****d.
Oh for goodness sake, here we go again. We are not “totally f****d”, nowhere near it. Back in the day of the infamous Winter Gardens meeting we came close to it and probably when Mostyn stepped in too.

We are where we are, we may not like it but that’s always been the case for as long as I can remember. One day Max won’t be here and nor will the inept and incompetent Blake and Hughes. Whingeing about it is futile - it’s time to get behind Woodgate and the lads.

But Max took over the club and Eddie Mitchell left, he could have got rid of Neil Blake and brought someone in to replace him.

He hasn’t done and Blake has been there all the time we went on the ride up into the PL.

Whilst anything he says should be taken with a pinch of salt, very much got the impression from the recent podcast with EM that he was somewhat thrown under the bus by NB. Interesting loyalties given that EM was entirely responsible for NB getting his job in the first place.

The Blake statement is a complete and utter Joke ..” after a extensive search Woodgate emerged as the best candidate “... if you didnt laugh you’d feckin cry :rofl:
Dont think thats a Blake statement...in fairness he is the mouthpiece, a whipping boy...hes not a board member? By the way I am crying!!!

;