Blue Cards

• C5 fails to respect the required distance when play is restarted with a corner kick, kick-in, free kick or goal clearance.
What are "kick-ins" and "goal clearances" ?

There is a mass of Idiots across Football crowds, a multitude, that will ALWAYS blame Referees for outcomes of games in which their team gets fookin' mulllered, or even narrowly beaten...d'you know what I mean...
....but this Referee guy goes out on that pitch and has to monitor 22 players that likewise contains probably 7 or 8 Idiots....3 or 4 each side at least.

Now then that takes some tenacity, guile and indefatigabilty to get through 95 minutes in front of say a baying Anfield or Old Trafford crowd of 50,000 plus .....possibly 30,000 of them barely knowing the name of their f√cking local MP or Mayor....or knowing what the colours on milk bottle tops denote. d'you know what I mean....so understanding the rules and regulations at a Football match is gonna hurt their brain somewhat ! :unsure:

This could be a real circus. On the other hand, I'm quite curious to actually see what it would look like.
As for dissent, I think this idea may be a bit late to the game. The rule this season that gives out yellows for even waving an imaginary card is already pretty harsh, and I think has begun to cut down on dissent.

Good idea to trial it and see how it goes. Works well in rugby and hockey. Good for those offenses that area bit worse than a yellow but not really bad enough for a red. Will also help to not kill the game in some situations. someone can be sin binned rather than given a straight red.

Dissent can be punished already or are refs too scared about ruining games if they sent someone off and this is seen as a half way house?

As for fouls well if it's that bad and cyclical send the player off .

They will soon learn!

Anyway it’s not happening any time soon .

• C5 fails to respect the required distance when play is restarted with a corner kick, kick-in, free kick or goal clearance.
What are "kick-ins" and "goal clearances" ?
In the 1993/94 season in the Vauxhall Opel league ‘kick ins’ were trialled. It lasted (from my memory) until the end of September, a throw in was given and from almost anywhere on the touch line the keeper or either fullback would launch the ball into the opposition penalty area. It was a crazy way to play football

Apply the laws of the game correctly and there will be no need for these silly new TV guided rules
Correctly for who though as people being the humans they are have varied opinions on subjective decisions?

The whole VAR situation is a mess as it’s used too much for subjective situations plus throwing in the extra delays and lack of communication which frustrates fans even more than a ref just getting decisions wrong in real time .

Not to say there haven’t been some shockers.

Bin VAR yes please!!!! but have a sin bin for the "take one for the team" fouls. Pisses me off when you are on a massive counter attack and get scythed down before it's in the clear goal scoring opportunity territory. Opponent gets a yellow but who cares, get a 'blue' (carp choice of colour) and there's still some advantage. Yes I get cheesed off when our players take one for the team too. Stupid yellow(/blue) to pick up, have faith in the team to stop the attack. More and more take one for the team fouls as every year passes.

Correctly for who though as people being the humans they are have varied opinions on subjective decisions?

The whole VAR situation is a mess as it’s used too much for subjective situations plus throwing in the extra delays and lack of communication which frustrates fans even more than a ref just getting decisions wrong in real time .

Not to say there haven’t been some shockers.
Correctly by the referee and his linesmen.
No one else matters.
We can all argue about the decisions between ourselves afterwards as fans, that is part of the day.
VAR is ruining the game, more rules won’t help at all

Just another thing for refs to hide behind so they don't have to make yellow/red decisions, blue takes away the responsibility of blame on them just like VAR has.
Refs made bad decisions before VAR but VAR has really shown them up for how spineless they are with a get out of jail free card.

Discussing it on Solent now, mixed reaction from the commentators and summarisers.

Kris T mentioned in games where it’s been used, it has had a deterrent effect.

What about if each coach gets a card they could use to send the ref off and we can get a replacement come out and take over. The previous ref could then be put in a stock and paraded around the stadium

In Gaelic football they have yellow, red and black cards.

GAA Black Cards​

The black card is a fairly recent addition to GAA sports and how it has been used has developed over the years. Originally, the black card was a soft red where a player had to leave the game but the team did not go down a man. The coach could substitute the player who received the caution.

Now, a black card mirrors the sin bin system popularised by rugby union games. Anyone who receives a black card in GAA events must spend ten minutes on the sideline. This gives the receiving side a disadvantage as they have to play with 14 men on the field instead of the usual 15.

The rule came about after an increasing number of cynical fouls reared their ugly head into hurling and Gaelic football. Cynical fouls are not new to the sporting world, and soccer fans will know all about them. If you have been watching soccer, players would take out the opposition to stop a dangerous attack before it materialised into a goal-scoring chance. These terrible fouls ruin the flow of a game and they often involve little or no attempt to win the ball. However, soccer officials are yet to fully address this issue whereas, GAA sports now have the black card.

Although they introduced the black card into Gaelic sports in 2014, it has not been as effective as we would like. The black card has disappeared from hurling but remains in effect for Gaelic football. If enforced correctly, it will help improve the quality of GAA matches for years to come.

Difficult to combine the two.

;