Bobby Charlton.

What a great all round player he was and respected by his fellow professionals.

Along with Nobby Stiles, his brother Jack, all three were diagnosed with dementia, a terrible disease.

RIP Bobby and thanks for the great memories when you played for England.

Does that only leave Geoff Hurst from the 1966 team?

I was lucky to see Bobbie Charlton, George Best and Dennis Law play for Man Utd vs Saints at the Dell in the 70's.
Terrible pitch as normal in those days, they won 0-3

I had the honour of playing in a game with the great man years ago. He was beyond belief, extraordinary to see up close like that and he would have been approaching 50 then.
The game made the national news and papers as when a penalty was given, Sir Bobby took the ball very much like Brian Glover in Kes. He hit it so hard the keeper was knocked out cold and carried off the pitch.
A magnificent player. RIP Sir

Rip sir Bobby saw him play down here in a friendly years ago everybody was expecting George Best so big crowd but no George but great as a youngster to see a class gentleman play.
I remember that game. I took my dog for a walk down to the river and the entire Man Utd team including Bobby were training on a rugby pitch in Northbourne. I rushed home to get my autograph book and when I returned they had gone.

I was lucky to see Bobbie Charlton, George Best and Dennis Law play for Man Utd vs Saints at the Dell in the 70's.
Terrible pitch as normal in those days, they won 0-3
Yeah ..I was at that game.....only chance to see your heroes in the flesh locally

;