Booing the Substitution

Lewis Cook is not our only creative influence, very very odd that we still managed 7 , yes 7 very good breaks/opportunities after he had left the pitch, unfortunately a combination of poor touch, good goalkeeping and final balls thwarted us!
Lewis cook is an excellent player with great potential but it was the right descision to a) save his legs and b) add energy to the midfield where Rooney was pulling some strings and we needed some drive back . It worked , possibly y why Eddie is where he is and some people are making boo’ing noises .

hba1 - 31/12/2017 07:53

Just a sign of frustration at the Lewis Cook situation and would Surman been pulled off in similar circumstances IMV. He may well have been tired and we have another important game coming up but After merely added the headless chicken run around.

Arter didn’t do a headless chicken run around, he pressed higher and clearly targeted Rooney, who was pulling the strings intelligently from a deeper position. Good substitution as proven by our late dominance.

Barcelona fans were booing their players earlier this year for what had happened in the previous match. Every club has it's morons, although I have to say based on yesterday ours are definitely Premier League level.

I was waiting for the "No8" chants to pick up when the booing started (which, from the North Stand, came from ALL directions). But they never did.

F***ing embarrassing and pathetic.

here's a little tip for everyone to follow. If someone next to you starts to boo then tell them to shut the f... up. it works.

redharry - 31/12/2017 11:31

here's a little tip for everyone to follow. If someone next to you starts to boo then tell them to shut the f... up. it works.

Good point.

Hopefully there's never a situation when Pugh comes on for Lewis Cook and misunderstandings ensue :hihi:

Must admit, form where I sit, in the NS, it seemed to be coming from 'around' the ground as opposed to the NS... I certainly didn't hear anyone around me booing, but was shocked to hear it form other areas, especially considering all the talk of Harry potentially feeling a little unappreciated of late...

Out of form or not, he's still one of our better players and deserves more than some of our pathetic fans give him... By all means drop him, discuss his poor form of late, but booing the substitution is utter sh*te and those are the fans that probably missed our equaliser v WHU on Boxing Day...

Eddie was too polite when questioned about it... Probably wanted to say they can f*ck off!!!!

The booing was out of order, it wasn't directed at H though but at Eddie removing Lewis Cook, wrong in any event.
Eddie's decision making, like every manager, player or whatever isn't always perfect but it's got us to where we are today, having just taken 3 points from Everton in the premier league - not bad in my view !
As for telling the boo'ers to shut up, I normally would but one or two of them around me in the ES were guys that normally get right behind the team and it took me aback to be honest - hope we never hear it again

dragonm8 - 31/12/2017 03:03

Jesus Derek.

Everyone is well aware that Gosling has scored a couple recently, and that Cook hasn’t.

But what Cook can do that Gosling can’t is make visionary passes that can put the opposition under pressure.

I’d much rather have Cook on the pitch even if he was a bit leggy than Gosling.

Gosling is dangerous around the 18 yard box and often shoots very well from just outside the area.

You can probably count the number of times he’s played a 30 yard danger ball into the box on one testicle.

Subtle differences, but differences nonetheless.

Surely you can see this?

I don't disagree that Cook is the more creative player but Gosling has shown recently and throughout his career that he is capable of scoring goals. So if they are both knackered after putting a real shift in I can see why he'd keep the fitter player on.

Either way - even if I couldn't see the logic in his decision it's bizarre to boo that substitution. Of all of the things we've experienced good and bad over the Eddie years people choose to boo him subbing a tired player for a club legend? Absolute mugs.

;