Boring Boring Bournemouth...

bigfatolly

Star Player
When we did we get so boring to watch? Slow,ponderous,play,loads of posession in the defensive third,lots of interceptions in midfield,but no creativity,no guile,no risk taking ,no shots and poor decision making and final ball in the last third. For gods sake Eddie,get back to fast paced attacking football scoring goals and entertaining the supporter,these tactics will be the death of you.

Desperately trying not to give into exaggeration or hyperbole. But that has to be up there with the worst football match I've seen in 25 years of going. Burnley played a large part in that yes, but so did we, by doing nothing positive.

When we did we get so boring to watch? Slow,ponderous,play,loads of posession in the defensive third,lots of interceptions in midfield,but no creativity,no guile,no risk taking ,no shots and poor decision making and final ball in the last third. For gods sake Eddie,get back to fast paced attacking football scoring goals and entertaining the supporter,these tactics will be the death of you.
Lol ...if today's game showed us anything it showed our poor form has nothing to do with tactics.

It's very simple, we have sacrificed creativity in the middle of the park for 2 (today 3) stoppers. Without Brooks we have no one able to pick a defence splitting pass. Cook could do a job there but not out wide.
Lerma and Billing together is a negative set up

It's very simple, we have sacrificed creativity in the middle of the park for 2 (today 3) stoppers. Without Brooks we have no one able to pick a defence splitting pass. Cook could do a job there but not out wide.
Lerma and Billing together is a negative set up
It's not even a creativity problem. Never going to be a day for the pretty stuff. It's a lack of guts problem.

Numerous times we'd get the ball on the edge of the box with all be it a small glimpse of goal. Stick the odd shot in there, like Lerma did once, see what happens. We didn't come any closer than his effort.

Instead we don't take the responsibility, pass it sideways looking for another loopy cross into the box, to one or two centre forwards who've scored a couple a headers between them in their entire Bournemouth careers. Against Burnley defenders. Burnley.

Try something different, see what happens with a shot.

It's not even a creativity problem. It's a lack of guts problem. Numerous times we'd get the ball on the edge of the box with all be it a small glimpse of goal. Stick the odd shot in there, like Lerma did once, see what happens. We didn't come any closer than his effort.

Instead we don't take the responsibility, pass it sideways looking for another loopy cross into the box, to one or two centre forwards who've scored a couple a headers between them in their entire Bournemouth careers. Against Burnley defenders. Burnley.

Try something different, see what happens with a shot.
Agree wholeheartedly with this. In tricky weather conditions against a team happy to defend deep we really must try something different from time to time. In games like these, where you know there is likely to be just one goal to decide it, we should feel free to shoot on sight. A lucky deflection or second ball falling kindly is all we need to turn a game like this in our favour. Too much emphasis on passing and ball retention above all else in training I feel. Sometimes somebody needs to take responsibility and thump a shot goalwards, even if a pass is on. They shouldn’t expect a rollicking afterwards for doing so either !

Reactions: DJ
Eddies pre match interview alluded to this point. He wanted us to play more forward passes, take people on, be more positive in our attack and he’s not sure why the attitude isn’t there.
Agree that the midfield doesn’t have that much creativity but that’s not really eddies way, he always goes for security in the middle first. The problem is that it isn’t working on and from the wings ..... for whatever reason.

We came up playing fast attacking entertaining football, the critics/pundits said you can’t carry that on in the PL.

First season goals F45 A62 - 16th - Pts 42
2nd season goals F55 A67 - 9th - Pts 46
3rd season goals F45 A61 - 12th - Pts 44
4th season goals F56 A70 - 14th - Pts 45
5th season goals F19 A25 - 14th - Pts 19 - After 18 games

We just don’t have the width any more...our defensive players just stand on the ball then pass it sideways or back!...Stacey today had chance to move forwards but stopped and played it back to Franno or Ramsdale....Franno and Mepham just play forward up to the half way line then pass sideways or back....I disagree about Lerma who played some attacking balls to Fraser and king...Billing got forward but looked like a rabbit in headlights in the box...our crossing and dead ball delivery was shocking today either looping up to Pope or going too long...hitting the first defender..I am not sure without finding some attacking prowess we are going to beat teams?...yes the injuries are hurting us especially to Brooks and now Smith who are attacking types...Fraser has lost his abilities to take on full backs and deliver balls into the box effectively and looks distinctly average now..maybe when we get Kelly and Stanislas back we can add some spark to our forward play?

We just don’t have the width any more...our defensive players just stand on the ball then pass it sideways or back!...Stacey today had chance to move forwards but stopped and played it back to Franno or Ramsdale....Franno and Mepham just play forward up to the half way line then pass sideways or back....I disagree about Lerma who played some attacking balls to Fraser and king...Billing got forward but looked like a rabbit in headlights in the box...our crossing and dead ball delivery was shocking today either looping up to Pope or going too long...hitting the first defender..I am not sure without finding some attacking prowess we are going to beat teams?...yes the injuries are hurting us especially to Brooks and now Smith who are attacking types...Fraser has lost his abilities to take on full backs and deliver balls into the box effectively and looks distinctly average now..maybe when we get Kelly and Stanislas back we can add some spark to our forward play?
Something needs to happen as we look totally lacking !

Mind you..Liverpool are dire at the moment..the Brazilians are lightyears on skill...some of the Scouse play is on a par with Southport Reserves....its a bloody World Club Final!

What an odd comment. Do you mean formations? I assume you do. Tactics were wrong today as we didn’t push players forwards nearly enough.
How is it an odd comment?.... we've been terrible playing 442 and we were equably shite playing 433 today.....at some point you to look for other reasons than the lazy formation / tactics excuse....

Reactions: DJ
How is it an odd comment?.... we've been terrible playing 442 and we were equably shite playing 433 today.....at some point you to look for other reasons than lazy formation / tactics excuse.....

We were terrible playing 4-3-3 because we didn’t play it. We played 4-5-1. Eddie said after the game we didn’t push enough players forwards. That’s tactics (or players not following instructions) it’s not formation. That was my point.

also do you think one game is enough to get rid of a formation change that beat Chelsea?

We were terrible playing 4-3-3 because we didn’t play it. We played 4-5-1. Eddie said after the game we didn’t push enough players forwards. That’s tactics (or players not following instructions) it’s not formation. That was my point.

Same could be said when 4–4-2 or any other formation doesn’t go to plan.

It certainly wasn't a deliberate tactic from Eddie not to push players forward....that's down to the players not being able to do it....I imagine Eddie was as frustrated as we were watching that which is why he decided to put Solankie on.

It certainly wasn't a deliberate tactic from Eddie not to push players forward....that's down to the players not being able to do it....I imagine Eddie was as frustrated as we were watching that which is why he decided to put Solankie on.

i agree. It’s a worry though why we consistently don’t seem to play the way the manager wants us to play? Is it because we can’t or we won’t?

;