Boring Boring Bournemouth...

i agree. It’s a worry though why we consistently don’t seem to play the way the manager wants us to play? Is it because we can’t or we won’t?
Can't think of any reason why they wouldn't....for all the lack of quality displayed this season you couldn't question their effort or honesty.....take Ryan Fraser ....say what you like about his contact situation but I see a player who's running his bollox off but I can't argue that he's been anything but abysmal in and around the box.....maybe he just couldn't sustain the level of form he displayed in the early parts of last year.

It certainly wasn't a deliberate tactic from Eddie not to push players forward....that's down to the players not being able to do it....I imagine Eddie was as frustrated as we were watching that which is why he decided to put Solankie on.
Solanke dropped into an ineffective midfield position.

I thought we played OK today against the most anti football team I've ever witnessed. The goal was undeserved and against the flow. Have to agree over the inability to have a go in final quarter though. Any half chance should be taken. Deflections, fluffed clearances or flapping goalie can always lead to more. Disappointed but not flattened tonight.

Can't think of any reason why they wouldn't....for all the lack of quality displayed this season you couldn't question their effort or honesty.....take Ryan Fraser ....say what you like about his contact situation but I see a player who's running his bollox off but I can't argue that he's been anything but abysmal in and around the box.....maybe he just couldn't sustain the level of form he displayed in the early parts of last year.
With that head injury? The fact Fraser played on is a miracle in itself and I thought he offered a threat. He probably also had the wind knocked out of him and I suspect every bone in his body ached after not one but several awful clattering.Whatever people may say I thought he was pretty bright today

I liked the three in midfield today, looked a lot more secure and competitive. That wasn’t the problem. As others have alluded to we just did not push enough bodies into the box during transitions, we were too predictable and not positive enough in our attacking play not taking nearly enough risks, and frankly when we did attempt to create something the quality from our front players (in particular Fraser) was astoundingly poor. I have been critical of Eddie before but think he got the set up right today, just very poorly executed by the players. You can’t blame Eddie that every ball that Fraser puts into the box ends up looping harmlessly into the keepers hand, or that numerous times when we go forward the attack breaks down due to Wilson being offside ect. I’m sure he gave them the creative freedom to express themselves but for whatever reason the front players just aren’t delivering.

Yep well done to 500 people travelling down to watch their team strangle the game of football to within an inch of its life.

Every song was justified - there's more to life than watching that sh_ite
Get over it! We didn’t have a single shot on target and therefore made the result inevitable.

Get over it! We didn’t have a single shot on target and therefore made the result inevitable.

I never said it was about the result Rob. My point was aimed squarely at Dyche and the eleven heffers he stuck on the pitch including their tactics, attitude and determination to remove any sort of entertainment from the game. They snuffed the game of football out - not just with the cynical tactics but the constant diving, time wasting, moaning - all fully encouraged by Dyche who was orchestrating it from the touchline with his own moaning, bullying drama queen performance aimed at the officials.

I totally get the 'sometimes you have to win ugly' scenario but that was the next level and as we know its not a one off. Dyche is making Stoke in their heyday look like a bunch of angels and if we can rip into them for a decade of anti football then Burnley aren't getting a free pass from me.

So going back to the chants, I thought they were bang on and I really do empathise with Burnley fans who have to watch that every week. It might explain why they stood there in virtual silence for 89 minutes.

I never said it was about the result Rob. My point was aimed squarely at Dyche and the eleven heffers he stuck on the pitch including their tactics, attitude and determination to remove any sort of entertainment from the game. They snuffed the game of football out - not just with the cynical tactics but the constant diving, time wasting, moaning - all fully encouraged by Dyche who was orchestrating it from the touchline with his own moaning, bullying drama queen performance aimed at the officials.

I totally get the 'sometimes you have to win ugly' scenario but that was the next level and as we know its not a one off. Dyche is making Stoke in their heyday look like a bunch of angels and if we can rip into them for a decade of anti football then Burnley aren't getting a free pass from me.

So going back to the chants, I thought they were bang on and I really do empathise with Burnley fans who have to watch that every week. It might explain why they stood there in virtual silence for 89 minutes.
I think once the ref had failed to take action over the Franno foul he had set the bar so high that almost anything went.

2 whole pages and not one word of credit to Burnley.

Carry on, I'm off to beddy byes................................................

The only thing I'll credit Burnley for is their ability to stay in PL playing that brand of fotball. They know what's required to stay up. Simply win 10 matches and get 6 or 7 draws. They don't look at the top 8 for their points they look at the bottom 11. They play solid, long ball , physical football . They look for free kicks out by the touchline so they can put diagonal crosses into the box knowing that eventually one will find their target men. They whinge to the ref constantly, they give the impression they are hard done by all the time yet make professional fouls to stop any opposition play making. ( Look at the cynical chop on Stacey 2nd half as he sprinted with the ball down the wing. No attempt made for the ball, just stop the player). It dreadful football to watch and with a weak referee can soon become uncontrollable. I hate their style but it gets them results so credit for that but that only. They are a nasty anti football club which I would love to see relegated but I fear they will stay in the PL longer than we will.

The only thing I'll credit Burnley for is their ability to stay in PL playing that brand of fotball. They know what's required to stay up. Simply win 10 matches and get 6 or 7 draws. They don't look at the top 8 for their points they look at the bottom 11. They play solid, long ball , physical football . They look for free kicks out by the touchline so they can put diagonal crosses into the box knowing that eventually one will find their target men. They whinge to the ref constantly, they give the impression they are hard done by all the time yet make professional fouls to stop any opposition play making. ( Look at the cynical chop on Stacey 2nd half as he sprinted with the ball down the wing. No attempt made for the ball, just stop the player). It dreadful football to watch and with a weak referee can soon become uncontrollable. I hate their style but it gets them results so credit for that but that only. They are a nasty anti football club which I would love to see relegated but I fear they will stay in the PL longer than we will.

Couldn't agree more.

But credit where its due; they do a damn good job of the above.

They'll get theirs in the end.

Look at Stoke.

I cant believe what im reading!

WE ...played in the game...when other teams do that stuff....you fly around them with fast paced skill...dont give em time to think!
We had just carved holes in Franks mob up the Smoke...their grass is still burning !

You dont let The Burnley come on Your Manor a week later and Impose Their Game...my f#cking Christ NO NO NO......if ...after 30 minutes or so their stuff is working to stifle the sh#t out of the football and our skill is not quite enough on the day....you take a few of them to ground..punch lights out...with the crowd baying for it...fortress rules!
Thats what Spurs, West Ham, Palace, Bristol Rovers, Gillingham or Bodmin Town would do.
We knew The Burnley were on a coach coming South! Bugger me....roll on !

;