Boro - The verdict.

Its a point away at Boro ( and a Colin team ) and that's a massive positive, actually one of the few positives from today. A hard fought game, felt we lacked a bit of belief, stood off them early on. Early days yet and a difficult fixture out of the way. Clearly we're still finding our feet.

No getting away from the fact that it was a poor performance.....desperately need someone with a bit of composure in midfield.....luckily we'll get away with performances like this in this league.....we probably have 2 more points than we deserve so far tbh......similar to the start of last season imo.....points wise it was ok but we all knew the performances were very average.

Others on here moaning about us playing out from the back. Which one was it?
Who is moaning about us playing it out from the back? I can't see anyone on here saying we were doing that? We literally went long every single time, except for once maybe twice. I'll let you work out what happened when we did.

Who is moaning about us playing it out from the back? I can't see anyone on here saying we were doing that? We literally went long every single time, except for once maybe twice. I'll let you work out what happened when we did.
Ball came straight back?

There were comments on the match thread about playing it out from the back, but none about pace in attack!

The strange thing is they didn't press us like Blackburn did so we conceivably could have played out from the back like we did last week . Perhaps JT was trying to call Colins bluff or simply playing ugly because we were away to Boro.

My aren't you a little touchy today!

I watched the thread about how awful the stream was and was quite glad I didn't pay.

I think you're the touchy one, dear. And I thought ST holders didn't have to pay. Besides the picture was fine and it was actually better without a commentary.

early days, but still a worrying display, particularly from some of the more talented individuals. are they interested in giving 100% for the club in the 2nd tier, or is it that the tactics don;t suite their game, or maybe still in transition/learning period for gelling the new tactics?

As others said, need to give another 10 games, hopefully things will click.

Surridge certainly look interested and really up for it after coming on.

I think that's why it'd be good to see 2/3 new faces to come in, to inject some enthusiasm and freshness to a talented, although maybe jaded group following the recent relegation.

Travers and Lewis Cook were harshly dropped today and Kelly, Begovic and Stacey were all poor imo. I don't like the three at the back formation, three in the middle all day long for me!

Round pegs in square holes doesn't work.have never seen Smith play well at left back.Arter should run the midfield for me and if king is not going we need to get him iin the side .so for me
Travers
Smith
Cook
Kelly
Rico
Stan
Harry
Lerma
Danjuna
King
Solanke.

Brooks worry me ,he has been very poor since he came back.I know alot on here want to build around him but I would sell or swap for James and money from man Utd.(If we could get it)

Travers and Lewis Cook were harshly dropped today and Kelly, Begovic and Stacey were all poor imo. I don't like the three at the back formation, three in the middle all day long for me!

I could understand him playing Begovic as by all accounts he had a decent game against Palace and technically should be the first choice keeper but I don't think he did himself any favours with his 2nd half performance. I do think Kelly is overrated and Simpson should be given a run of games if JT is going to persist with 3 at the back.

I think we tried to pass the ball from the back but Boro denied us space and went down to win cheap free kicks to break up the rhythm of the game. Championship teams are usually hard working and well organised so this will be a frequent challenge to overcome. We need to impose our quality on the game. Sat too deep in second half but only one winner after they equalised and we could/should have got a winner late on.

I do like surridge, makes things happen upfront. Soon be a regular I think.

We're seeing how much better Ramsdale is than our other keepers ,even if he's not the world's best, yet.
All our defenders looked better last season ( and before for some of them ) because they had the calm, ever dependable, probably best Cherries defender ever, alongside them.
We've got to adjust to life without them.
There are new voices, and the main one missing, in the changing room this season. That'll take some adjusting. Most of them came to play in the Prem' for The Cherries and Eddie. Jason's job is to convince them they're top quality Championship players now. Eddie had the opposite, convince League 1 and Championship players they're good enough for the league above.
There's massive changes required, going from the 3rd worst Premier League team to the best in the Championship. I know there's only 22 home and 22 away matches left but I hope/believe we'll see improvements in the next 4 of each. We haven't played outstandingly well in the first 2 matches, yet we still have 4 points, scored 4 conceded 3.
Lots of changes needing/being made, it's not going to happen in a week. We're keeping the faith and hoping for the best. Pretty much standard procedure for the past 2 decades : )

;