Brad Smith

Is this his moment?
Been on payroll nearly 2 years - with injuries to defenders he still not in the side. Play him left mid in front of Daniels or get him to man mark Saha?
If this is not his time will it ever come?

Last game against Wigan on the 6th January, so surely not match fit.

Unless he has played for one of our other sides.

Eddie must sort the defensive problems soon and reorganise for next season with some younger additions otherwise that will be a weakness that if anything, will have us in trouble. Ake is the rock, but the pressure on Francis, Cook and Daniels is starting to seem unfair now, they need some help!

Last two starts he’s been dismal. Sorry to say but he’s been a liability - no positional sense and awful distribution. Surely only a fill-in if there’s a further injury crisis. Best for Brad to get a long loan somewhere to try and discover some form.

langham - 2/4/2018 12:21

Last two starts he’s been dismal. Sorry to say but he’s been a liability - no positional sense and awful distribution. Surely only a fill-in if there’s a further injury crisis. Best for Brad to get a long loan somewhere to try and discover some form.

To be fair to him, similar comments were made about Gosling until he got a run of games. Sometimes it takes more than 90 minutes here and there to get back into it.

What we've seen so far hasn't been brilliant but I also don't think he's been given enough of a run to show what he can (or can't) do.

That's down to a combination of form from Daniels, injuries to Brad and A Smith suddenly morphing into a terror at RB when asked to fill in there.

I wouldn't write him off yet and the current shortage at the back could well be his chance for opportunity to knock.

The only game I recall B Smith playing well for us was as a left wing back away to Chelsea last season.

I think if we did play a back 3 for our next game, assuming Francis and A Smith are still out, the left wing back slot would be up for grabs. That would leave Cook, Aké and Daniels as the 3 centre backs.

Tinpot Club - 2/4/2018 12:40

The only game I recall B Smith playing well for us was as a left wing back away to Chelsea last season.

I think if we did play a back 3 for our next game, assuming Francis and A Smith are still out, the left wing back slot would be up for grabs. That would leave Cook, Aké and Daniels as the 3 centre backs.

I'd prefer Simpson in a 3 and CD LWB

Have to make the best of a tricky lack of options, but we have played right to left: Cook, Ake, Mings as a 3 before. No Mings obviously, Simpson comes in there. Cook on the right side of the 3 not ideal but he'd do a job.

Franno was nearly back for Watford.

Although with his memory of Zaha I’d eek it out another week and wait for Anfield if I were him!

....Think Brad should get a chance, especially with him wanting to prove himself for us, as stated Gosling....Stanislas....and Ibe all slow starters for us!

Neil Dawson - 2/4/2018 14:29

Franno was nearly back for Watford.

Although with his memory of Zaha I’d eek it out another week and wait for Anfield if I were him!

Already predicted 2-1 Palace. 3-1 if Franno fit!

Unpopular opinion but we signed Brad Smith to develop. I think Howe will have him come good. If he was not near first team when fit then he would of been sent out on loan ala Fraser, Cargill etc.

Surely all the ' coaching' from Eddie should have sorted out Brads weaknesses by now and make him ready for a run in the side- Simpson too!
Are loan outs really of much value ?- only Fraser has made much impact on return.

Though Fraser had already proved his worth prior to his loan. I've a lot of faith in the loan system though admittedly for every Jack Cork there's a Jean Christophe, not every one will make it, but if they've got the talent then a loan will rarely hinder them

Solent

Looks like AFC Bournemouth defender Brad Smith is on his way to the #MLS. Understand the former #lfc full-back is joining Seattle Sounders on loan until next summer. #afcb

;