Brentford v AFC Bournemouth - Championship Semi-Final 2nd Leg

Sad end to the season - down to 10 with an hour to go. You can't plan for that. Let's just hope we don't now go on the slide - financially, in player losses, and club morale. Worried about how the squad will look come August.
I’m worried what squad will come back in August!

First post here.
Very disappointed. It was there at 2-0!
I thought taking Brooks off was the mistake. He was causing them lots if worry. We were crying out for his creativity. They were then able to attack without worry.
Everything that could have gone wrong did, Cook, Penalty, red card. This is why I felt we needed the insurance of playing one of the weaker teams in the semis.
The key decision now will be who to get as manager. JW has done well but this may be our last chance with the parachute money so I feel we have to get the best we can.
Welcome and a good first post.

First post here.
Very disappointed. It was there at 2-0!
I thought taking Brooks off was the mistake. He was causing them lots if worry. We were crying out for his creativity. They were then able to attack without worry.
Everything that could have gone wrong did, Cook, Penalty, red card. This is why I felt we needed the insurance of playing one of the weaker teams in the semis.
The key decision now will be who to get as manager. JW has done well but this may be our last chance with the parachute money so I feel we have to get the best we can.

It may have been a decent decision to bring Rico on, but Brooks and Danjuma were the two players causing them anxiety.

Sorry if mepham had done the same against Barnsley or Swansea then the same outcome could have been likely .
We were 2 up against Brentford .
That sending off completely changed everything

Brentford are physically strong so think they are more likely to punish us than other teams

That moment will haunt Mepham for the rest of his footballing life. Slow thinking, slower feet and buckled under by a smaller player when he had time and space. Route one out the door as so far from being a first offence.

;