Brentford v AFC Bournemouth - Championship Semi-Final 2nd Leg

Watching from a different angle just now on the replay Sky showed the ball did run away from him, but he was too slow to react in the first place.
Watching from a different angle just now on the replay Sky showed the ball did run away from him, but he was too slow to react in the first place.

He was slow to react (caught cold) and decided to rugby tackle the player when he (Mepham) was falling down! Fatal mistake on hindsight!

Think Solanke has a more physical presence than Brooks so no problem with JW there tbh we didn’t get the rub but hey ho new season, new squad and who knows another thrill and spills term in the Championship...Brentford deserve promotion just a pity that their manager is a big vagina!

The penalty decision was woeful and already changed the complexion of the tie. The sending off just blew it apart. If it was going to evened up it had to be before half time as the ref will have realised he’d lost control and had to calm it down.

if Brentford do go up then they will soon realise that a player you could buy for £10 will immediately be £25m. They will need to fish in a different player pool as I’m not sure any of the overseas players they have would qualify if they tried to bring them in now under post Brexit rules. Ivan Toney cant play against our defence effectively so he has a massive challenge if they reach the PL.

So many here have been saying we would be mullered back in the PL yet the media are blowing smoke up their backside yet they only beat us on the back of a dubious penalty and stupid sending off.

In some small defence of Mepham the Brentford player came from behind him and appeared to barge into him thereby going down. I may have seen it wrong but I don't think that Mepham actually did a lot wrong apart from being slow to get the ball away. Here comes the flak I expect.

It looked like he deliberately reached out and tripped the Brentford player.

Keep it enjoy watching us on Super Sunday before your following Tuesday away at Peterborough.

Rather that than stadiums named after Middle East airlines with an atmosphere less attractive than a motorway service station toilet.

Supporters follow their team wherever and at what ever level. Few of us will be watching your lot go down again, but See You Next Tuesday.

Apologies to real Watford fans.

In some small defence of Mepham the Brentford player came from behind him and appeared to barge into him thereby going down. I may have seen it wrong but I don't think that Mepham actually did a lot wrong apart from being slow to get the ball away. Here comes the flak I expect.
Sorry he looked and saw the guy was there but still dithered with the ball

If Cook had been fit, I think we win that game.
But next season , if he goes to Celtic as expected, we just have to find the money for CCV and another CB.

I never want to see Mepham in a Bournemouth shirt again. If it was a one off fine, but let's face it he's a walking disaster zone.
Yes, this game was his fault. But in case he ever reads these: I honestly feel like there's a good player in him...just not a good Bournemouth player. It's been too stop-start, injuries, limited playtime, bad mistakes...the history makes him coming good for us just feel astronomically unlikely. Wish him the best wherever he goes when he does get shuffled off at some point though.

I think deep down we all thought that we needed a 2 goal cushion to take to their place. Danjuma scores after 5 minutes to make it 3 nil and they would have crumbled.

Rather that than stadiums named after Middle East airlines with an atmosphere less attractive than a motorway service station toilet.

Supporters follow their team wherever and at what ever level. Few of us will be watching your lot go down again, but See You Next Tuesday.

Apologies to real Watford fans.
I am sorry Bournemouth could not resist. I have experiend play off pain before know its really hard. Probably swap places next season then you can have a bit of banter back.

Just heard on the radio that any handball above shoulder height is a pen. Begs the question why the Ref didn't give us a pen at 1-1..?

Last edited:

;