Brett Pitman

Ken Baileys Ghost - 6/11/2016 19:15

SlowDownDerek - 6/11/2016 19:07

Was that Orient one a consolation goal in a defeat?

Yes, a cracking good goal all the same.

His most memorable for me was Shrewsbury away when we won 3-0

If I remember it right it looped up and he set himself from a tight angle as it dropped and he volleyed it in. Great goal but tainted by the result. I seem to remember Pugh getting a nasty injury there too, not sure if the same game.

Home to Burton late on to win the game was also a cracker.

I miss the car I had when I was 17. A 1979 Austin Mini in snapdragon yellow. Man, the fun I had in that car... always breaking down and galloping rot. Paid £150 for it and sold it for £250. I'll never forget it.

These days I have a nice new fast stealth motor loaded with gizmos. 100 times the car the mini was (many more hundred times the price). It's just a car and when it's gone it will just be replaced. I've no emotional attachment to it. But I wouldn't swap it for the Mini.

I was more than happy with my contribution last season, I scored 14 goals and played about 40 games. My highlight would definitely be Fulham away; I went back there recently with Ipswich and it brought back some great memories.

http://www.afcb.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/the-journey-brett-pitman-afc-bournemouth-3156320.aspx#KDz4IczRISJg1wMk.99

His own pick below.

[youtube=TthAKCp1W3U]

I would have loved to have seen Brett in the prem to have the chance of scoring in all 4 divisions. However like tommy he knew he wouldn't get much game time so moved on.

I genuinely miss Pitman. Would offer something totally different if we still had him. Would be really effective in games were we can afford to have a striker who doesn't run the channels.

AFCBurby - 6/11/2016 21:48

Yeah, he was in the south stand on sat. He'll always be a favorite of mine.

Seen him a few times at home games even when ipswich are playing. Is he injured?

Cracking and very typical Bert goal at the death to win the game last Friday.

Brings back great memories of some of the great goals he scored for us over the eight years (total) that he played for us.

[Youtube=gBiaq6DesB8]

Very good, did a few of them, including one against Lincoln?

Best goal (for me) was the Burton at home goal. Incredible.

McCarthy's style of football will always attracts crowds when it's successful. However, when it fails attendances will fall at a faster rate as it's so dire to watch.

To be fair to him, he's normally very effective but seems to have hit a sluggish spot with Ipswish.

God, to see some of the defending between Brizzle and Dripswich and then think of some of the comments on the "Have We Improved?" thread...

;