Brighton v AFC Bournemouth

It did seem to me that our opponents in recent losses played very cynical, negative football and upset our flow completely. Brighton didn't do that (well, not a lot) and we punished them. It shows how dangerous we are when we can play in open spaces.

Leicester were not cynical or negative, just played excellent pressing football. We were outplayed by City, Arsenal and Liverpool. Cardiff played their game of the season against us. I'll give you Burnley but it was our formation and lack of a plan B that killed us. If we'd have lined up as we did today with the same desire we would have created the spaces to pass around Burnley and beat them, of that I have no doubt.

Thought our pressing was good and the forwards looked for the ball to run onto rather than backs to goal,Brighton were very physical and were clueless going forward,but that might of been down to our excellent defending

Reminded me of the Championship season where we wouldnt just sit back and rest on our laurels.

Ruthless!
Hopefully after today our players were reminded that “work” is a lot more enjoyable when you totally dominate the opposition ! To see them streaming forwards for a fourth, then a fifth and still trying for a sixth was a joy to watch and you could see that they loved it too. Some showboating and champagne football at times. “Work” can be a lot more enjoyable if you go about it in the right way lads. Let’s hope the boys are looking to continue the fun until the end of the season now !

Delighted with the result, couldn't get in front of a stream today for the first time this season - think I'll stick with that ! More importantly, delighted for our away support who deserve that result - tinpot trumps infrastructure !

Hopefully after today our players were reminded that “work” is a lot more enjoyable when you totally dominate the opposition ! To see them streaming forwards for a fourth, then a fifth and still trying for a sixth was a joy to watch and you could see that they loved it too. Some showboating and champagne football at times. “Work” can be a lot more enjoyable if you go about it in the right way lads. Let’s hope the boys are looking to continue the fun until the end of the season now !
Precisely!!

Leicester were not cynical or negative, just played excellent pressing football. We were outplayed by City, Arsenal and Liverpool. Cardiff played their game of the season against us. I'll give you Burnley but it was our formation and lack of a plan B that killed us. If we'd have lined up as we did today with the same desire we would have created the spaces to pass around Burnley and beat them, of that I have no doubt.
RS - when I made that comment, I was thinking more recently, and specifically Burnley and Newcastle. Both stopped the flow of the game through cynical fouls, feigned injuries, time-wasting and bully-boy tactics. My point, I guess, is that that seemed to be the road map to beat us. On that premise, we should have a good day against Fulham too, although tougher against Saints.

RS - when I made that comment, I was thinking more recently, and specifically Burnley and Newcastle. Both stopped the flow of the game through cynical fouls, feigned injuries, time-wasting and bully-boy tactics. My point, I guess, is that that seemed to be the road map to beat us. On that premise, we should have a good day against Fulham too, although tougher against Saints.

I feel like we should fear noone really, just need to adapt our tactics better to suit different sides. Burnley and Newcastle were there for the taking, we let them dictate through our own tactics and getting sucked in to their attempts to put us off our game which they executed to a tee. So much of it is mentality which is why players can look so ordinary one week and world beaters the next.

I feel like we should fear noone really, just need to adapt our tactics better to suit different sides. Burnley and Newcastle were there for the taking, we let them dictate through our own tactics and getting sucked in to their attempts to put us off our game which they executed to a tee. So much of it is mentality which is why players can look so ordinary one week and world beaters the next.
Flood the midfield (like we did today), with the quality we have going forward we should destroy teams.

We had two games where 'designer grief' overshadowed the football, Leicester and Cardiff. It creates an atmosphere. The next team to play at Liverpool will get the Tommy Smith version. I understand the emotion...but it should be a quiet, sombre thing, dressed in black , British style, not happy clappy in your face stuff with photos and s##t.....it occurs on several different days in some instances.
Christ...im in for some s##t now !...but it has got out of hand though!

We had two games where 'designer grief' overshadowed the football, Leicester and Cardiff. It creates an atmosphere. The next team to play at Liverpool will get the Tommy Smith version. I understand the emotion...but it should be a quiet, sombre thing, dressed in black , British style, not happy clappy in your face stuff with photos and s##t.....it occurs on several different days in some instances.
Christ...im in for some s##t now !...but it has got out of hand though!
Totally agree. Grieving is ok and understandable if it’s genuine but let’s be honest there is a lot of media driven quasi grieving about these days. Grief as a badge of honour or something and a great excuse for jumping on any given bandwagon. The way Cardiff are trying to wriggle out of the Sala transfer should tell you how genuine all of their grieving was. Mention it, pay respect to it and then move on. Most importantly of all be genuine with it. It has got out of hand and unfortunately the media get behind it and “everyone” laps it up and then adds to it.

Last edited:
Big game for Brighton.....don't like the look of their run in! :wahey:......what a shame it would be if they got relegated with all that infrastructure.
Big game for us too of course although for different reasons....sigh...wouldn't it be great to give them a gentle push toward the trap door.....just a little nudge....or preferably a bloody great big kick up the **** towards it....:grinning:
Good call Topfarrier - think that qualifies as the latter...

From the other teams point of view ..if Boscombe are allowed to get into that ruthless mode.....they are unstoppable. So dont allow them into it early on...close off their routes/ isolate the creative players. That has been happening more and more! We just need some different Plans to Unlock the Straightjackets!

;