Bristol City v AFC Bournemouth

I thought the camera work was appalling,it seemed that Sky plucked a random bloke off the street and forced him to film the match.....amongst other things, he couldn’t find the zoom button!

I've seen people discussing this. Personally I prefer it. You can see more of the pitch from a consistent angle and therefore can read the game better.

I end up shouting at the telly half the time when they constantly show close ups of a winger running so you can't see who's there to pass to. Or a close up of a player or manager's face when really I'd rather see what's going on with the ball.

The commentators and camera dudes with their ' close ups ' ...and innuendos are only interested in the Celeb Culture of Football...that's where it goes...is going...the reactions...the controversies...it makes more news than the actual football. You see it... hear it...the radio people are even worse...that way of operating from their angle..ensures that they stay in an easy career !

I've been following this game for 60 years now...the sport is being murdered !

Here is the xG timeline. Whilst it didn't seem like it at the time (I'm a nervous fan) Bristol City created very little in that second half, although we didn't too till the last 10 mins, but glad we didn't settle for the draw.

A draw may have been a fairer result, but if it were boxing we would have got the points decision.

View attachment 5198

I know not everyone likes these but I find them very interesting so thanks for posting them.

I know not everyone likes these but I find them very interesting so thanks for posting them.

Thanks. They only take me 5 mins to produce, so not a lot of effort. I'd do this for me anyway to rationalise the game so I may as well share. I also understand that they are statty (I forgot to dedicate this one to Dragonm8!) but hopefully those not interested just skip the post.

I could t tell which player was which but then I am old!

It wasn’t easy and this is where the commentator comes into their own, last night he wasn’t that special.

Other games on the red button we have had one or two good commentaries telling you who has the ball, passed to who etc.

If you get a good radio commentator when you can’t see the game, they ‘paint a picture’ so you it is much clearer to follow what is happening and more importantly cut out the waffle.

It wasn’t easy and this is where the commentator comes into their own, last night he wasn’t that special.

Other games on the red button we have had one or two good commentaries telling you who has the ball, passed to who etc.

If you get a good radio commentator when you can’t see the game, they ‘paint a picture’ so you it is much clearer to follow what is happening and more importantly cut out the waffle.

I thought the Radio Bristol commentary team on the AFCBLive stream were for the most part very good. The main commentator was biased but pretty fair and he painted a good picture of the action as it was happening and got most players names right. His co-com, I think an ex-Bournemouth player(?) from Bristol talked over him sometimes and was a bit more of an openly City supporter but still okay. The main thing though was that they concentrated on the match. KT and Willo should try more of that and less of the Smashie and Nicey "With a big shout out to the Ensbury Park Massive and all at LV Accounts and thanks for the cake and chocolates and- oh, someone's scored, not sure who, I can't see his number."

Here is the xG timeline. Whilst it didn't seem like it at the time (I'm a nervous fan) Bristol City created very little in that second half, although we didn't too till the last 10 mins, but glad we didn't settle for the draw.

A draw may have been a fairer result, but if it were boxing we would have got the points decision.

View attachment 5198

really interesting graphs, does that mean Bristol had zero goal threat other then between 18 and 38 minutes?
couldn't understand their lack of ambition not to try to win the game in the second half

really interesting graphs, does that mean Bristol had zero goal threat other then between 18 and 38 minutes?
couldn't understand their lack of ambition not to try to win the game in the second half

Almost, there was a shot from Kalas, in the 71st min that was recorded as a 3% chance of scoring, it shows as being 22 yards out level-ish with the 6 yrd box on the left. It is only a slight bump on the graph.

Bristol had no xG between the 0-18 mins and between 38-90 mins apart from this one chance. Threat is something different and some sites have recorded this. So if they had a 3 on 1 break, but the defender intercepted, it would count zero on xG, but there was still threat.

I think it was a combination of them being happy-ish with a point, us defending well and them messing up the final ball.

Almost, there was a shot from Kalas, in the 71st min that was recorded as a 3% chance of scoring, it shows as being 22 yards out level-ish with the 6 yrd box on the left. It is only a slight bump on the graph.

Bristol had no xG between the 0-18 mins and between 38-90 mins apart from this one chance. Threat is something different and some sites have recorded this. So if they had a 3 on 1 break, but the defender intercepted, it would count zero on xG, but there was still threat.

I think it was a combination of them being happy-ish with a point, us defending well and them messing up the final ball.

What was the xG for Stan's goal out of interest?

What was the xG for Stan's goal out of interest?

you might have helped me solve something that had been bugging me with this question. The stats for the overall game showed AFCB with a xG of 1.11 but the numbers only added up to 0.92. This was the first time it has happened.

The xG in the 45th min was 0.04 for a Danjuma shot and 0.12 for a Solanke attempt just before the goal. However, the goal isn’t included, maybe they don’t include OGs, but somehow they have allocated 0.19 associated with Bentley’s fumble. Stan’s attempt isn’t listed, but typically it is about 0.02 from that position. I’ll have to keep an eye out for this if another credited OG happens. I’m still surprised it is an OG, it would be if he parried it forwards and then back, but it didn’t look like that.

;