Burnley - The Verdict

I think as well that allowing Gosling loose on the refereeing fraternity has backfired spectacularly. Hopefully we will stay quiet tonight and do our talking on the pitch for once.

Substitutions make us worse. Until we have any good ones we shouldn’t bother
If you are saying that refs are changing the way they ref our matches because of Gosling’s rant, then it might mean he had a point

One positive before I switch off because I can’t take anymore reading about that game, we’ve got our favourite team to smash next up. Hopefully the players can let their anger out with another 4-0 win.

I think as well that allowing Gosling loose on the refereeing fraternity has backfired spectacularly. Hopefully we will stay quiet tonight and do our talking on the pitch for once.

All its done is put us under the microscope. They decided that first decision as quick as you like, too quick as even now having watched it numerous times I can't clearly see it hit Billings arm.

All its done is put us under the microscope. They decided that first decision as quick as you like, too quick as even now having watched it numerous times I can't clearly see it hit Billings arm.
It wasn't intentional even if it did hit his arm. His arm was next to his body.

It’s actually a total joke that you can’t criticise a ref after a performance like that. In what other world would you not be able to literally just voice your opinion on that shambles
It’s not the ref though is it. He explained to the players a few times he didn’t give either decision and he didn’t. As far as he was concerned neither warranted chalking a goal off. I thought other than being a bit lenient with Bardsley he had a good game?

I really don't give a toss if we go down. I have had enough of VAR, I never wanted it in the first place. Fans at the game are irrelevant now. Referees at the game are irrelevant too, Mike Dean is not at fault here he has given the correct decisions, it's some **************** sat 200 miles away making it up as he goes along.
Garth Crooks summed it up by saying on Final Score "VAR" and then tearing his notes in half and throwing them on the table.
I don't blame the players if their heads dropped at 2-0, it is totally understandable after giving everything for 60 minutes and then getting beat by a c..t in a TV studio.

The rules changed on that though. Any contact intentional or otherwise. Hence all the heated debate as it’s a dumb rule.
Only if you are a forward does that law apply. If you are a defender it has to be a deliberate action (unless you are called Adam Smith of course).

It wasn't intentional even if it did hit his arm. His arm was next to his body.
How does the new handball rule work?
A free kick or penalty will be awarded if:

• the ball goes into the goal after touching an attacker's hand or arm.
  • a player wins ball possession after it comes off their hand or arm and then scores, or creates a goalscoring chance.
  • the ball touches a player's hand/arm which has made their silhouette unnaturally bigger.
  • the ball touches a player's hand/arm when it's raised above their shoulder.
There will be no penalty if:

• the ball touches a player's hand/arm immediately from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player.
  • the ball touches a player's hand/arm close to their body and has not made their silhouette unnaturally bigger.
  • a player is falling and the ball touches their hand/arm when it is between their body and the ground (but not extended to make the body bigger).
  • additionally, should the goalkeeper attempt to clear a ball from a teammate but fails, the goalkeeper is allowed to handle the ball.
And so, gaining possession and scoring as a result of handling the ball will not be allowed - nor will a goal scored directly from handling the ball, regardless of intent.

there the rules this season i havent seen any of them yet but if it has hit his arm intentional or not then its a free kick and no goal and same for smithys as you cant not give goal and not give penalty

I really don't give a toss if we go down. I have had enough of VAR, I never wanted it in the first place. Fans at the game are irrelevant now. Referees at the game are irrelevant too, Mike Dean is not at fault here he has given the correct decisions, it's some **** sat 200 miles away making it up as he goes along.
Garth Crooks summed it up by saying on Final Score "VAR" and then tearing his notes in half and throwing them on the table.
I don't blame the players if their heads dropped at 2-0, it is totally understandable after giving everything for 60 minutes and then getting beat by a c..t in a TV studio.

I agree RH but if a ref feels he got the decision right he should check the monitor pitchside rather than take the view of someone else. Ruins the game as the other side gets a big lift from not conceding and fans can’t celebrate goals instantaneously now.

If you are saying that refs are changing the way they ref our matches because of Gosling’s rant, then it might mean he had a point
I totally disagree but even if I didn’t it’s obvious when you speak out about refs you get a worse deal from them. Allardyce and Hughes has a career of it. We were always clever enough to avoid it until recently.

None of that means I think it’s right btw, I agree with you.... Refs are a small minded cabal of very paranoid weak willed people.

How does the new handball rule work?
A free kick or penalty will be awarded if:

• the ball goes into the goal after touching an attacker's hand or arm.
  • a player wins ball possession after it comes off their hand or arm and then scores, or creates a goalscoring chance.
  • the ball touches a player's hand/arm which has made their silhouette unnaturally bigger.
  • the ball touches a player's hand/arm when it's raised above their shoulder.
There will be no penalty if:

• the ball touches a player's hand/arm immediately from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player.
  • the ball touches a player's hand/arm close to their body and has not made their silhouette unnaturally bigger.
  • a player is falling and the ball touches their hand/arm when it is between their body and the ground (but not extended to make the body bigger).
  • additionally, should the goalkeeper attempt to clear a ball from a teammate but fails, the goalkeeper is allowed to handle the ball.
And so, gaining possession and scoring as a result of handling the ball will not be allowed - nor will a goal scored directly from handling the ball, regardless of intent.

there the rules this season i havent seen any of them yet but if it has hit his arm intentional or not then its a free kick and no goal and same for smithys as you cant not give goal and not give penalty
Thats fine but the argument is that it did not hit Billings arm so it was a goal, and that Smiths was not a handball, the ref saw it waved play on and gave the goal. All for some idiot not at the game to overrule him.
You can be absolutely sure that if Dean had gone to the monitor both his decisions would have stood.

Thats fine but the argument is that it did not hit Billings arm so it was a goal, and that Smiths was not a handball, the ref saw it waved play on and gave the goal. All for some idiot not at the game to overrule him.
You can be absolutely sure that if Dean had gone to the monitor both his decisions would have stood.
so i just watched highlights billing was on shoulder for sureand should of stood IMO even though he used shoulder to deflect it on to king, smithys defo looked like top of arm so it was handball

so i just watched highlights billing was on shoulder for sureand should of stood IMO even though he used shoulder to deflect it on to king, smithys defo looked like top of arm so it was handball
But was Smiths arm close to his body, was his body silhouette unnaturally larger ?

Adam Smiths just posted on his Instagram a clip of the “handball”...

I take back what I said. It’s a clear shoulder. Absolutely unbelievable decision.

;