Burnley v AFC Bournemouth - Sunday 1 pm

If Dom and Unal are unavailable then the only option is Semenyo. He may have been poor playing there on Tuesday but at least he has the physical attributes to do it. Can’t see Kluivert having the physical presence to be able to lead the line as a focal point in the PL.
Yes I agree, Semenyo is more rounded. I can see the argument for others, but he is closest to what we need in terms of all round center forward play. I wouldn't mind seeing him there for a run of games

We had that purple patch for 6-8 games that got us clear. We are still generally playing well but need some goals from other sources or is it sauce to make it sound better.

I’ve looked at the last 4 league games for Burnley. These were two home games (Fulham and Arsenal) and two away games at Liverpool and C Palace. Burnley gained 1 point which looked a reasonable reflection. Burnley have scored 3 goals and conceded 13 with xG estimating 3.53 goals with 9.13 conceded.

Goals xG.png

Burnley have had 2 different goal scorers with Fofana 2 and O’Shea one. Three players have 1 assist each.

The average positions of the starting line-ups are below. There is little remarkable apart from the set up is generally defensive and that Trafford still has a high starting position, something Billing had noticed in the home game with his long-distance goal. The set up versus Fulham is most likely to be the one followed against AFCB.

Av pos.png
The following graph compares summary stats of Burnley and AFCB over the last 4 games. Burnley have worse stats throughout.

Comparison.png

Neither side have had over 45%. Burnley appear to struggle with set pieces. Less than 25% of their chances come from set pieces whilst over 40% of opposition chances come from set pieces. In comparison, unlike last season, AFCB seem to be doing relatively well attacking and defending dead ball situations.

Percentages.png

;