Burnley v AFC Bournemouth - Sunday 1 pm

An ugly win. Ugly, ugly, ugly. Ugly. But it counts 3 points just like the gem at Manchester United. Some of our guys look like they need some rest, maybe getting the job done today will help with that. I thought our back 4 all played pretty well, plus Lewis Cook. Kluivert and Semenyo did enough.I really don't understand why Tavernier is playing as much as he is. Someone else mentioned that maybe Sinisterra has drawn the manager's ire for some reason.

An ugly win. Ugly, ugly, ugly. Ugly. But it counts 3 points just like the gem at Manchester United. Some of our guys look like they need some rest, maybe getting the job done today will help with that. I thought our back 4 all played pretty well, plus Lewis Cook. Kluivert and Semenyo did enough.I really don't understand why Tavernier is playing as much as he is. Someone else mentioned that maybe Sinisterra has drawn the manager's ire for some reason.
Sini's done alright, so it's a bit puzzling. He wasn't great on Tuesday but who was? He's got two decent feet as well.

I thought we were happy to sit back due to tiredness from mid week.

We feel how Man City felt last week. Got away with an away win when not playing well.

I am amazed Tavernier stayed on the pitch for as long as he did - he's really not on form right now.

We feel how Man City felt last week. Got away with an away win when not playing well.

I am amazed Tavernier stayed on the pitch for as long as he did - he's really not on form right now.
AI said he didn’t want to press higher given the way their keeper plays high. So think it was a deliberate plan

I was surprised our posession was as low as 25% - used to be the sort of level we had against Man City rather than a bottom side!

I thought Tavs was better today than his last two games to be honest. I know he skyed one in the first half but generally he looked like he was putting more effort in and his control on the wing looked good. I think there’s a good player in there just needs a bit more coaxing to get back to where he was. For me Neto and Cook were our best players- Neto did his job well and Cook seemed in all the important places when it mattered. Having said that, Scott was pretty good making a few last ditch blocks, and Mepps pretty reliable today too. Allowing Burnley to have the ball made me nervous but listening to AI it was intentional.

AI said he didn’t want to press higher given the way their keeper plays high. So think it was a deliberate plan

I was surprised our posession was as low as 25% - used to be the sort of level we had against Man City rather than a bottom side!

It was ironic how their fans were having a go for Neto taking so long with goal kicks etc (he was of course) but they wasted far more time with going back to their keeper so often and him taking time to move it forward again.

It was ironic how their fans were having a go for Neto taking so long with goal kicks etc (he was of course) but they wasted far more time with going back to their keeper so often and him taking time to move it forward again.
Reminded me of first half v. Brighton- a keeper with good distribution and we gave him nowhere to pass into. I could’ve done a crossword in the time it took him to decide where to put the ball.

If we draw all 12 games remaining..that gives us 43 points..out of sight on the drop zone battle.

However and alternatively.....5 very winnable Home games
...namely Sheff Utd, Luton, Everton, Palace and Brentford.....maybe not Manu - they will want revenge !

Maybe/probably 3 defeats at Villa, Arsenal and Chelsea. Assume that for now.

OK...add the 5 Home Wins to draws at Luton and Wolves...that gives altogether 48 points.

Now then. ...add in another Home win....the Brighton fixture..that's 51 points....the Aim now being to finish above the said Stony Beach people !
That would be more fine than dandy for Andoni's
Rookie Season on the PL scene ..and superbly satisfying for our fans !

I will have to disagree with Rob with the numbers, Taverier is so far off his game I’m starting to feel sorry for him.

As a football fan the game was a joke.

As a Boscombe fan a proper gritty away win.

Difficult to pick out highlights but I’ll go for-

The final whistle
tables wonderful T-shirt

Lowlights
The Referee
Burnley

Last edited:
Well somebody needs to say it..and you can laugh if you want ..I dont f√cking care..
...but I reckon Semenyo is in the top 20 players in the PL and we will have some job on keeping him at DC.
He definitely looks like a good buy.

No PL experience when we bought him but he has shown that he is more than capable of making the step up. Young and with lots of potential to improve even further.

I think we all enjoy his directness and strength in attack.

I look forward to seeing how much he can improve in the future. He clearly has great attributes and potential. Fortunately he remains somewhat under the radar, so I think that we'll have him for another season at least !

Anyone saying we were lucky or Burnley were the better team... which Burnley player would you put in our team that would make us better? I thought Burnley were very poor, not Premier League quality.
We picked them off easily, which you would expect.

Yes. Thought some of pre season 'expert' pundit predications of Burnley finishing 12th or midtable were baffling tbh. We all know why, because of the playing days stature of their manager.

They did well last season, but huge question marks of their top flight capability imo. Last season they signed a load of player for nothing to 2 odd million. Looked very much like core of the team/squad was very strong 2nd tier, but not PL level. And thats how things have transpired.

;