Burnley v AFC Bournemouth - Sunday 1 pm

As a few people have already said that was possibly the least enjoyable away win I've ever been to. Maybe partly to do with the 1pm kickoff, which resulted in lots of empty seats in the away end. But mostly due to how poorly we played. Our press with an under par Christie was ineffective and we struggled against theirs which led to a lot of mistakes throughout. Fortunately Burnley weren't good enough to take advantage of all their possession and Neto and the back 4 were mostly solid. Happy to steal the 3 points and hopefully we'll get firing again during our run of home games that is coming up.

I will have to disagree with Rob with the numbers, Taverier is so far off his game I’m starting to feel sorry for him.

As a football fan the game was a joke.

As a Boscombe fan a proper gritty away win.

Difficult to pick out highlights but I’ll go for-

The final whistle
tables wonderful T-shirt

Lowlights
The Referee
Burnley
Have to accept that other than the subbed players Whoscored.com gave Tavs our lowest joint rating with Dom and Zabarnyi. Maybe my expectations were just so low after the past few games Bishop- anything was gonna look like an improvement!

He definitely looks like a good buy.

No PL experience when we bought him but he has shown that he is more than capable of making the step up. Young and with lots of potential to improve even further.

I think we all enjoy his directness and strength in attack.

I look forward to seeing how much he can improve in the future. He clearly has great attributes and potential. Fortunately he remains somewhat under the radar, so I think that we'll have him for another season at least !

He's a bit of a rough diamond in that his first touch and close control can sometimes let him down but he's incredibly strong and quick and is the most direct player in terms of running straight at opposition defenders I think I've seen in an AFCB shirt.

He's also a good contrast to the other wingers we have.

An ugly win. Ugly, ugly, ugly. Ugly. But it counts 3 points just like the gem at Manchester United. Some of our guys look like they need some rest, maybe getting the job done today will help with that. I thought our back 4 all played pretty well, plus Lewis Cook. Kluivert and Semenyo did enough.I really don't understand why Tavernier is playing as much as he is. Someone else mentioned that maybe Sinisterra has drawn the manager's ire for some reason.

He's never really impressed as a starter, but coming off the bench he has shown he can be explosive and a real impact substitute who can cause havoc.

He's never looked even half the player when named in the starting XI for me so far.

Zabarnyi was my MoM, without Senesi alongside him he upped his game and was outstanding. Mepham did a good job coming in off the bench and from his performance still wants to play and challenge for a starting place. We're really playing like a team and it's good to see, even if yesterday we can say we weren't at our best, but Burnley were REALLY well prepared for this game, they set up to nullify the press and they did it well. It was uncomfortable up until Semenyo's goal, we really need to take more of the chances that we get, for the sake of my health.
Kluivert would my choice as backup striker if Solanke and Unal are injured and I'd sit Phillip behind him for the high press, I don't think he does it quite as well as Dom but the effort is there despite what some may say.

One thing Andoni seems good at that Howe always struggled with is adjusting tactics to suit how another team plays in away matches.
Eddie never quite grasped that and always had quite a poor away record,same thing happening at Newcastle this season

It was as painful a match to watch as I can remember. It wasn’t enjoyable and I felt strangely detached from the whole experience. I understand that the way we played was the AI plan and we won, so it must have worked but my God.. that was an awful match.
Bit of a horror show and that free kick and disallowed goal could have easily given them two goals. But sometimes just have to dig in and come away with the points.

My overall memory is how much I love that yellow and blue away kit and how can we retain it next season?

One thing Andoni seems good at that Howe always struggled with is adjusting tactics to suit how another team plays in away matches.
Eddie never quite grasped that and always had quite a poor away record,same thing happening at Newcastle this season
Dangerous straying into GON strengths here! Good that AI

It was ironic how their fans were having a go for Neto taking so long with goal kicks etc (he was of course) but they wasted far more time with going back to their keeper so often and him taking time to move it forward again.
That was nothing compared to the Burnley keeper taking 45 secs for each goal kick down at our place 2 seasons running. Atkinson the ref on both occasions and he only gave the hurry-up deep in stoppage time.

;