Burton Albion v AFC Bournemouth - 3rd Round League Cup

Once, just for once, I'd like to see us cruise to a convincing, easy win in a Cup game.
Every year it's the same thing -- 'oh, that lineup should win easily!' -- and then we scrape through in extra time, or (more often) we lose, against an opponent 1 or 2 divisions lower than us.

Once, just for once, I'd like to see us cruise to a convincing, easy win in a Cup game.
Every year it's the same thing -- 'oh, that lineup should win easily!' -- and then we scrape through in extra time, or (more often) we lose, against an opponent 1 or 2 divisions lower than us.
It serves as our regular reminder that football is about more than showing up with 11 talented individual players. Unless they work as a team, have been prepared as a unit, they're going to be vulnerable against a side even a couple of divisions lower.

Looking forward to seeing francis back and hopefully kelly at left back.also like to see kilkenny in midfield .

cant wait... our 'B team' is at a good championship level in my opinion so should beat burton. for me the team would be Travers in goal, a back 4 of Franno, Meps, Simpson and Kelly, a midfield of Surman, cook, ibe, danjuma and kilkenny and an attack of solanke. 4231

These games are always about Team Effort.....for both the sides ...knockout football.....the team effort is rarely missing from the lower league sides....so...

Colchester tonight.....another team tomorrow.....beware Boscombe at Burton!

Should be a fairly strong line up tonight and will be good to see a couple of the new faces. As long we don't underestimate them we should be fine. Look at Spurs last night. We say it every year but it would be fantastic to take the opportunity of getting to a semi final.

The twitter account also posted a video featuring players who could be "staking their claim" or words to that effect, featuring players like Mepham and Travers, but also Fraser. Might be saying Fraser starting this game possibly??

Travers; Francis, Mepham, Simpson, Kelly; L. Cook, Surman; Kilkenny, Ibe, Fraser; Solanke. Subs: Dennis, Camp, Jordan, Dobre, H Wilson, Danjuma, C Wilson.

;