Butterfingers

I reckon Ben Pearson has been teaching him how to give grief to the opposition.

Yep. Probably the two of them are having a bit of a private competition to see who can be the bigger windup merchant. It's actually a very good way for them to deal with the awkwardness of Pearo doing it to SC back then.
Good bantz if that is really what they are up to.
I like it !!!

Yep. Probably the two of them are having a bit of a private competition to see who can be the bigger windup merchant. It's actually a very good way for them to deal with the awkwardness of Pearo doing it to SC back then.
Good bantz if that is really what they are up to.
I like it !!!

I imagine stuff like this gets said all the time it's just that we don't normally hear it.

It’s a kind of primary school insult isn’t it?
When mumsy wouldn’t let you swear so you came up with your non profane insults.
We need our players to employ these playground insults:
You smell.
You eat poo.
You’re not wearing knickers.
Bum off.
Etc etc.
They could make us a really rough bunch of boys!

It’s a kind of primary school insult isn’t it?
When mumsy wouldn’t let you swear so you came up with your non profane insults.
We need our players to employ these playground insults:
You smell.
You eat poo.
You’re not wearing knickers.
Bum off.
Etc etc.
They could make us a really rough bunch of boys!
Well I'm afraid M'Lud, you wouldn't catch me with those SILLY SILLY names ........ I've got my fingers crossed behind my back and FAYLINES to you! :grinning:

Germans have some of the best playground insults

Sitzenpinkler - A man who sits down to p*ss
Schattenparker - Someone who would park in the shade (to avoid their car heating up in the sun)
Warmduscher - Someone who takes warm showers (also a great band)
Tellytubbyzurueckwinker - Someone who would wave back to the Tellytubbies

Schattenparker - Someone who would park in the shade (to avoid their car heating up in the sun)
The yiddish insult ‘Gay cocken offen yom’ which literally means Go sh1t in the ocean is rather lovely.:grinning:

You forgot Korintenkacker or currant shitter.
Basically a pedant, somebody so precise that they won't sh*t anything bigger than a currant.

Another one is Baustellenbremser, very German, somebody who slows down for roadworks, a pendant for Warmduscher really.

I always find it odd that we Brits tend to think that the Germans have no sense of humour. Actually they really do and they are particularly partial to British humour. I think Monty Python is probably bigger over there than it is in the UK to be honest.

They were always big fans of my own personal brand of dark humour or "schwarzer Humor" although for me that was just run of the mill English laconic humour :p

Wasn't the term changed a few years back to Buttonfingers after David Button's performance at Lincoln for us when he did something very similar.

You forgot Korintenkacker or currant shitter.
Basically a pedant, somebody so precise that they won't sh*t anything bigger than a currant.

Another one is Baustellenbremser, very German, somebody who slows down for roadworks, a pendant for Warmduscher really.

I always find it odd that we Brits tend to think that the Germans have no sense of humour. Actually they really do and they are particularly partial to British humour. I think Monty Python is probably bigger over there than it is in the UK to be honest.

They were always big fans of my own personal brand of dark humour or "schwarzer Humor" although for me that was just run of the mill English laconic humour :p

I lived in Germany for a number of years and I agree with everything you say. Python is definitely more popular. It was the first thing I watched with my host family on my school German exchange. Not a bad ice breaker! There is definitely a shared love of silliness and there are different kinds and tastes of humour just like here in the UK.

I think we fall back on lazy stereotypes in this country because it's less effort than learning a language and trying to understand (or god forbid, integrate with) a slightly different culture to our own. It's probably not helped with English being so widely spoken, but I still think people need to step outside their comfort zones and immerse themselves in a different culture once in a while.

Thanks for Korintenkacker and Baustellenbremser, I hadn't heard either of those before :grinning:

;