Championship 23/24

Probably.

Harry Arter must be on the dole soon?

Only been on 40k a week for 5 years, and hasn't kicked a ball in-between.

Funniest thing was a year or two back. Went on loan to Notts County and after starting a few times, ended up bench.

Think they were Conference or League 2.

Either way, shows just how disinterested he is now really.

Just having a read of their forum. From some meeting : They're moving away fans and making that whole end safe standing and home fans only.

They're also looking at possibly expanding the ground if they can get more than 24k ST sales for a couple of seasons.

There's also talk of plenty of players leaving if they don't get promoted.

If we're looking to build this club and expand the fan base, we really don't want to be giving them down the road a leg up.

Perhaps we have a masterplan - i.e. loaning them Brooks and Rothwell - allowing them to become important members of the team, and then selling them to someone else / keeping them ourselves at the end of the season, leaves Stains having to find/integrate a couple more players next season.

But its all done for the players benefit.

Like Steve Cooks.

Not quite. The first priority is the club, then when they are deemed surplus to requirements the player's interest comes into it when deciding on the destination. So yeah, just like Steve Cook, who refused a move to a lower side and ended up at a direct rival.

It was a bonkers decision. Why we would help a larger club try and get back into the top flight and de facto be our main rivals for youth players when we have our new academy is strategically naive.
Aren't they all larger than us? We've also helped out Ipswich and Leeds (not that Antony gets a game). Leicester must be really hacked-off that we didn't loan them anyone.

They will get promotion automatically.

Do you think Commercially for our club, AFCB, that it was a wise idea to help them back into the PL?
Promotion not impossible for them but they'll need to be 'hot to trot" for those away games. If they do win those then they will have earned it.

Selling players for cash you don’t want any more potentially. Loaning players to help them get back into the same league as one another id be suprised, and if they did I’d think it was a bad decision.
Mmmm, hard to believe we consciously thought, "Hey, we'll help out our buddies the Saints to get promoted", as opposed to the players saying they wanted game-time, but Southampton were the only ones that came up with a financial package that suited us. Of course, I just don't know as I wasn't in the room when decisions were being made.

Bills a multi billionaire.

I doubt Brooke's and Rothwells wages had him quivering.

We signed Outara and Traore for that.
First and foremost, Bill's a businessman. The fact that he's a billionaire makes little difference on how he conducts business. Having said that I suspect he doesn't make these sorts of minor business decisions across his business empire and expects those he put in charge to make them.

;