Championship 23/24

The correct answer is neither, 3 months to go yet, they could both, hopefully, cock up hugely. If we weren’t helping them both I think they would both fail
Yes but being selfish if Leeds come back up at least us northern based Çherries get another 'home' game.

My ideal scenario is Leeds, scummers and Ipswich all being level ish on points going into last game. Leeds/southampton knowing a win will get them promoted and they both bottle it with a draw allowing Ipswich to take second.

Just watched the game, dominated by Leicester City, but there was woeful finishing by both sides.

Now it seems City should have been 0-2 up but Dhaka’s goal was ruled out for offside, even though camera replays showed it stood have stood.

This comes down to an official making an error and no VAR to help them out, otherwise the goal would possibly have been given.

Farke with his substitutions changed the game, with three of them involved in the goals in a ten minute period, two on the score sheet and one with the assist.

Roberts scoring the first goal and Bamford the third, assisted by James.

Leeds Unite are now five points clear of Saints, but basically six with a superior GD.

A highly unlikely scenario, but with Coventry, Southampton, Leeds and Leicester potentially involved in the play-offs, and still in the FA Cup, they could end up going to Wembley twice...

...on the 25th and 26th of May!

Would love to see this happen!

Ideally not to Southampton, though.

Mind the gap, mind the gap Southampton...

Screenshot_20240226_072959_Chrome.jpg

Made me smile this morning, anyway... :)

I was strolling through West Quay last week having some banter/exchanges with Saints fans before Hull game.

They love Mr Frazer. This could be perfect scenario. Our players get game time, which could help us for next season. Southampton have to settle for playoffs, then agonisingly miss out via that route too.

Things could get interesting if they screw up again next year, and they have to really cut cloth due to ffp.

We can loan them and Pompey players for experience/game time, as with each passing season, we solidify our place as the strongest club on the south coast.

Can't wait. Those trips to West Quay will become more and more interesting. I may even buy a shirt for the 1st time in decades, to wear up there each visit ;)

A highly unlikely scenario, but with Coventry, Southampton, Leeds and Leicester potentially involved in the play-offs, and still in the FA Cup, they could end up going to Wembley twice...

...on the 25th and 26th of May!

Would love to see this happen!

Ideally not to Southampton, though.
err, nor Leicester I hope.

;