Championship 23/24

Weirdest promotion race ever

Leicester coming up but I’m the knowledge that they will be receiving a points deduction.

Leeds are miles clear of the rest quality wise but seem intent on making it as interesting as possible.

Ipswich are a lower end championship squad who have somehow managed to grind out an insane number of points despite rarely looking like a top end championship side.

Saints who go on incredible runs of results but fold like a deck of cards the moment they are under any kind of pressure.

Still think Leeds will get second due to their far superior goal difference. Even if Leeds lose tonight Ipswich still need to win at either Hull or Coventry (or draw both) to go into the final day with their fate in their own hands. Ipswich imo will lose at both Hull and Coventry because strangely despite being well ahead of them on points I think both of them are stronger sides than Ipswich.

Ipswich are by far the quality side at the top of the Champ.....just because Leeds are biggy big sh*ts doesn't mean they are better quality.
Ipswich should p*ss it now....
Ipswich should get 3 points v Huddersfield at home on the last day and can go up after managing 1 point from each of the games at Coventry and Hull.
That would set Saints and Leeds into possible confrontation in the play- offs...so they will probably kick the sh*t out of each other in a meaningless last league game !
Exciting stuff to end the season.

Last edited:
It’s quite incredible how the Championship just eventually drags you back into the madness.

It doesn’t seem to matter who it is, or how well you do at the start of the season. Be it us initially under Parker or Leicester this season. You go off like a runaway train and eventually the division will derail you… Southampton and Leeds both have had immense runs and with a click of the fingers both look like relegation fodder.

Crazy, crazy league. Brilliant.

Leicester coming up but I’m the knowledge that they will be receiving a points deduction.

I don’t think anything has been confirmed other than the EFL won’t impose a points penalty this season, as the Premier League and EFL sing from different hymn sheets and so can’t make it work… if the Premier League do decide they deserve a points deduction.

I don’t think anything has been confirmed other than the EFL won’t impose a points penalty this season, as the Premier League and EFL sing from different hymn sheets and so can’t make it work… if the Premier League do decide they deserve a points deduction.
They failed FFP in their last PL season, it is common knowledge that they will face a points penalty the next time they compete in that division. They are not complying either so the likelihood is that it’ll be minimum of six.

They failed FFP in their last PL season, it is common knowledge that they will face a points penalty the next time they compete in that division. They are not complying either so the likelihood is that it’ll be minimum of six.

Im aware, I just said nothing has been confirmed. This is Leicester, they have a history of finding loopholes and getting away with things only for those loopholes to be closed after they’ve safely jumped through them.

…Ipswich will go back down if they come up… whereas Leeds or Southampton probably wouldn’t IMO

Hopefully Norwich will win the play offs!

;