Championship 23/24

From an AFCB perspective, if Ipswich take second place then who would we want to come up through the play offs?

Without knowing too much about them, I'm guessing maybe Hull? Looks like they have a new owner so maybe they're a bit more together than when they had the guy who wanted to change their name who seemed quite divisive.

Maybe Norwich could be good given their propensity to yo-yo.

From an AFCB perspective, if Ipswich take second place then who would we want to come up through the play offs?

Without knowing too much about them, I'm guessing maybe Hull? Looks like they have a new owner so maybe they're a bit more together than when they had the guy who wanted to change their name who seemed quite divisive.

It’s a great question. Hull is a decent shout.

West Brom, best pub, good folk

From a financial perspective probably not a team owned by the 49 ers with their wealth or them down the road.

Delia never fails to 'not invest' so has to be favourite...on here that is.

West Brom, best pub, good folk

baggies good call, Handsworth's ideal for the Royal Oak if you're in the other direction....bandit country but the last time I saw Nonny in an away pub.

Hang on I've just looked on google street view and its now something I don't recognise...wtf

baggies good call, Handsworth's ideal for the Royal Oak if you're in the other direction....bandit country but the last time I saw Nonny in an away pub.

Hang on I've just looked on google street view and its now something I don't recognise...wtf
Dont be too dramatic they have only added a model of a Sikh man driving a tractor on the roof. Where is your sense of proportion.

The black Country is famous for its south asian arable farming community.

That was the first pub I went in at West Brom away, probably over 15 years ago. Was just a normal pub that had seen better days when I went in. Apparently not now.

Parachute payments are a debate for the so called elite/forum experts.
Loving the ‘so called experts’ we’ve not seen that for awhile! You keep chipping away at this. I don’t think anyone said it was impossible to go up without parachute payments… just that is unlikely to do so. Look back over the years and see how many parachute v non parachute. It’s about 70%…. Then factor in the fact there should be more non parachute payment teams getting promoted as there’s more of them statistically.

A cleverer person than me (@Matt Stevenson ) can do the maths but you can’t deny it’s the truth.

It was a goal and good performance from Keiffer Moore again.

I think of the 3 loanees he has fitted in the best. He also looks as if he is an Ipswich player with his commitment.

Huddersfield forum is entertaining. They're all worried after a season of **************** ups, they'll make one final one and beat Ipswich

Hull City or WBA !! Torn because I'm half Hullensian and half Throstle.

Last edited:
Loving the ‘so called experts’ we’ve not seen that for awhile! You keep chipping away at this. I don’t think anyone said it was impossible to go up without parachute payments… just that is unlikely to do so.
It’s ok Neil, you don’t fall into that category.

And, if you do, I missed it.

It’s ok Neil, you don’t fall into that category.

And, if you do, I missed it.

:wave: It’s me I believe. Ipswich become the first club since covid to achieve automatic promotion without parachute payments.

Still likely to see 2 parachute payments clubs come up, but hopefully not.

Last edited:
:wave: It’s me I believe. Ipswich become the first club since covid to achieve automatic promotion without parachute payments.

Still likely to see 2 parachute payments clubs come up, but hopefully not.

IF the table stays as it is. I think that’s 50% for automatic and 50% in the playoffs.

Without checking, I think all the teams in the playoffs last season didn’t have PP.

;